What's new

Joe Ingles Appreciation Thread (Edit: Confirmed ACL, Out for Season)

I'll struggle to watch another game this year. There must be a word in English for crushing, heart breaking sadness? Something profoundly beyond despair. I was worried he might get traded, now its will we see him again?
The word you are looking for is "Trump".

Thing that gets me about Tony Jones article was that Joe was in tears after the game, that shouldn't be pain, that's something much worse. That's him coming to terms with an end of the road not of his choosing.
100%. I think this year was his NBA swan song. I think he always kinda planned that way. This isn't how it was supposed to end, but also this might be something that makes it too hard to rehab from for him to play in Australia... this may have just been the end.

He's got a lot going for him in his personal life. It may end up being a great thing for his family to kind of have the reigns taken away. I have no doubt he will have a happy and fulfilled life. Whatever he does next he always gets my love and support. He's an actual hero and great dude. Also he's a ****ing menace on the basketball court. Someday men will revisit limericks and poetry written about the great hero that is Joseph Horwarth English III.

100%. I think this year was his NBA swan song. I think he always kinda planned that way. This isn't how it was supposed to end, but also this might be something that makes it too hard to rehab from for him to play in Australia... this may have just been the end.

He's got a lot going for him in his personal life. It may end up being a great thing for his family to kind of have the reigns taken away. I have no doubt he will have a happy and fulfilled life. Whatever he does next he always gets my love and support. He's an actual hero and great dude. Also he's a ****ing menace on the basketball court. Someday men will revisit limericks and poetry written about the great hero that is Joseph Horwarth English III.

Oddly Joe and Renee listed their family home in Melbourne this week, offers of 10-11 million will be considered.

I hope our team recognizes what Joe meant to this franchise and they turn it all the way up to 11 for the rest of the season and snatch the improbable final victory from the jaws of defeat in honor of Joe. He deserves his ring. Probably #4 right there behind Stock, Malone and Hornacek, then Joe, all deserve(d) to get their rings. Joe embodies everything that is good about this franchise and he was the consummate Jazz man, more than anyone since the Big 3 from the 90's really.

The storybook ending is that Joe's injury isn't quite as bad as they thought and he busts his *** and gets back here to play in the last game in the finals when we win it all, capped off by a 3 pointer from the legend to end the game. Not a game winner, we already have that in hand, but just an exclamation point on our greatest post-season and on one of the greatest careers we have had the pleasure of being part of in the history of the franchise.

I hope our team recognizes what Joe meant to this franchise and they turn it all the way up to 11 for the rest of the season and snatch the improbable final victory from the jaws of defeat in honor of Joe. He deserves his ring. Probably #4 right there behind Stock, Malone and Hornacek, then Joe, all deserve(d) to get their rings. Joe embodies everything that is good about this franchise and he was the consummate Jazz man, more than anyone since the Big 3 from the 90's really.

The storybook ending is that Joe's injury isn't quite as bad as they thought and he busts his *** and gets back here to play in the last game in the finals when we win it all, capped off by a 3 pointer from the legend to end the game. Not a game winner, we already have that in hand, but just an exclamation point on our greatest post-season and on one of the greatest careers we have had the pleasure of being part of in the history of the franchise.
Someone is smoking the hopium.

Oddly Joe and Renee listed their family home in Melbourne this week, offers of 10-11 million will be considered.
That’s odd… never know what to make of that. I got the impression that they want to be back in Australia sooner than later and didn’t think he’d play next year unless it was another somewhat big contract.

It could be an Obi Won Kenobi situation.

1643644857714.gif

That’s odd… never know what to make of that. I got the impression that they want to be back in Australia sooner than later and didn’t think he’d play next year unless it was another somewhat big contract.
Listing their Aussie house could be a lot of things. Could just be capitalizing on a hot real estate market, could be wanting to downsize when they move back knowing Joe won’t have an NBA salary to pay the property taxes and upkeep, could be them wanting to buy something bigger in Australia because they’ll no longer be needing to pay for a second home in Utah.

Or any number of things.