What's new

Joe Ingles Appreciation Thread (Edit: Confirmed ACL, Out for Season)

This really surprises me but if it's what he wants then I'll be rooting for him to make a full recovery and comeback. I really thought he'd just hang it up and head back to Australia.

Just listened to this interview and Tim MacMahon said he thinks Joe will be back on the Jazz roster next season at a drastically reduced salary.

Was listening to Locke today, you could actually hear the guy getting choked up about Joe. Locke manages to annoy me a fair bit but sometimes you get a glimpse that he might not actually be a **** bloke.

I found the trainer we need. Get him to Ingles, STAT!!

This really surprises me but if it's what he wants then I'll be rooting for him to make a full recovery and comeback. I really thought he'd just hang it up and head back to Australia.

I'm not going to be the one to count Joe out. He's been overcoming odds for his entire NBA career. If the Jazz don't support his recuperation and recovery a part of my fandom will die with him. The Jazz is always my team, but they will have discarded part of their identity and with it part of why I love this team. It's my worst fear with Ainge, the inhuman side. It didn't pan out in Boston and I don't think it actually works the way some believe it does. I'm not shocked Joe isn't done yet. I honestly hadn't posted yet because I really wasn't sure if this was the end and couldn't bring myself to join in on the pity party. Joe ain't goin out like that.

Last edited:
Joe doesn't have to physically stay in Portland the rest of the season, does he? Can he rehab in SLC with Elliott? Obviously he can't hang out with the Jazz the same way, but he doesn't have to move, I hope.

Sent from my moto z3 using JazzFanz mobile app

Joe doesn't have to physically stay in Portland the rest of the season, does he? Can he rehab in SLC with Elliott? Obviously he can't hang out with the Jazz the same way, but he doesn't have to move, I hope.

Sent from my moto z3 using JazzFanz mobile app
He can rehab wherever he wants, but how much say the team will have in his rehab will likely be determined by their intention to keep him, buy him out, trade him again or let him walk. I imagine unless they definitely want to try to retain him they just won't care.

If they do not retire his number some day there is something seriously wrong with the franchise.

And even though I knew this was a strong possibility and would have even supported the trade if it had actually brought us assets and not just been a salary dump (disrespectful to the Jingle), a bit of my fandom died this week. Sad.

If they do not retire his number some day there is something seriously wrong with the franchise.
Ryan should take a page out of Larry's book and give Joe a couple of SLC coffee shops. Two "Ingles cup of Joe" shops with franchise rights would keep Joe around. Joe could play Men At Work all day long in the shop and could sell vegemite sandwiches with his specialty white coffee. 10% of all purchases can go to the autism non profit of the Ingles choice. If you build it, they will come.

The statue would have to have his trademark smirk as he blows a kiss.