What's new

Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert to hold rally in D.C.

Awesome.

I also hope that MSN reports that 6 billion people are there when only a few thousand people were there. Just like what Foxnews did. anyone else remember about a year or so ago when 100 trillion people marched Washington DC? It was reported by Glenn Beck.

paging Marcus, Franklin, and Mullethack to the thread!

(seriously, everybody, you don't have anything to say about this?!?!?!)

I think it's cool, because I like both of them.

Awesome.

I also hope that MSN reports that 6 billion people are there when only a few thousand people were there. Just like what Foxnews did. anyone else remember about a year or so ago when 100 trillion people marched Washington DC? It was reported by Glenn Beck.

It goes both ways, that's why Beck went out of his way to make sure he had photographs from his rally last month from all angles this time around so that when ABC news comes out and says only 80,000 were there, like they did, you know not to take them seriously on any estimates in the future because it's not even in the ballpark.

I think it's cool, because I like both of them.

It goes both ways, that's why Beck went out of his way to make sure he had photographs from his rally last month from all angles this time around so that when ABC news comes out and says only 80,000 were there, like they did, you know not to take them seriously on any estimates in the future because it's not even in the ballpark.

Ummm...that went the other way dude. CBS hired a company that specializes in crowd estimation that took aerial photos.

https://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upsh...lenn-beck-rally-sparks-debate-over-crowd-size

Like I said, Beck paid for his own set of photos. He then got the estimates from the land authority( or whoever the hell is in charge of the National Mall) of how many people would fit in specific areas of the Mall, which were packed fully at his rally, and drew his conclusions from that. Johnny's Airplane Estimate service is clearly off, or else Obama only had about 200,000 show up to his inauguration in '09 by their estimates when comparing photos.

Like I said, Beck paid for his own set of photos. He then got the estimates from the land authority( or whoever the hell is in charge of the National Mall) of how many people would fit in specific areas of the Mall, which were packed fully at his rally, and drew his conclusions from that. Johnny's Airplane Estimate service is clearly off, or else Obama only had about 200,000 show up to his inauguration in '09 by their estimates when comparing photos.

But, who cares, right? I mean, Beck is a phony douche, right?

I don't really watch any of the three honestly, but I've read one of Colbert's books, two of Beck's, and catch pieces of all three on Youtube from time to time and just have positive impressions of all them. I even found somebody I like on MSNBC recently, Dylan Ratigan.

Ummm...that went the other way dude. CBS hired a company that specializes in crowd estimation that took aerial photos.

https://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upsh...lenn-beck-rally-sparks-debate-over-crowd-size

I've seen more people at Football games. So that's not very impressive. 70-80 thousand people were there? They'd get double that at a Britney Spears concert.

Anyway, since I'm in a stir-the-pot mood, anyone notice one particular thing that everyone in those pictures has in common? I'll give you a hint... Anyone seen BYU's Basketball team?

The article is very specific that the Parks Service no longer provides estimates after the Million Man March. If he claimed to have an estimate from them he's either lying or it's an unofficial estimate from an individual who works for the Parks Service.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Million_Man_March#Crowd_size_controversy

After the Million Man March, the Park Police ceased making official crowd size estimates. Roger G. Kennedy, the Park Service director, said Congress had provided the "structure and canons" for counting people, but it had not demanded that the exercise actually be done. He contemplated informing Congress, "Thank you for telling us how to do it, but we won't be doing it."[24] In the 1997 appropriations bill for the Department of the Interior, Congress included language that prohibits the National Park Service from conducting crowd estimates in the District of Columbia. The legislation also states that if event organizers want crowd estimates, they should contract with an outside agency

As far as I can tell the sole exception was that Dan Bana offered an estimate of 1.8 million for the Obama inauguration. It's unclear if that was an official estimate or not.

This article, https://www.aolnews.com/surge-desk/...te-crowd-size-glenn-becks-or-otherwi/19613962 , indicates one Parks official (unnamed) gave an unoffical estimate of 300,000. It makes no mention of aerial photographs being used in the process and points out that's the exact number listed on the permit request by Beck (so he may merely have been stating the expected number as his unofficial estimate).

Do you have any evidence that Beck paid for his own set of aerial photos and had those photos estimated? Or any evidence that AirPhotosLive made an erroneous estimate of the Obama inauguration? Or are you just pulling arguments from your ***?

Last edited:
I don't really watch any of the three honestly, but I've read one of Colbert's books, two of Beck's, and catch pieces of all three on Youtube from time to time and just have positive impressions of all them. I even found somebody I like on MSNBC recently, Dylan Ratigan.

I'm still having an impossibly hard time believing that you both UNDERSTAND what each of these guys is doing and STILL GENUINELY LIKE all three. I know you claim to not be too familiar with them, but please tell me how this is possible.

haha, you are right.
I also love how Franklin, Marcus, and Mullethack have avoided this thread.

sarah_palin_bikini1.jpg

Fredom, libertee, i hate muslem sosialists!