What's new

[Jones]BREAKING: Jazz willing to engage Celtics in S&T talks: But Gordon Hayward must agree

• Thread starter Deleted member 95
  • Start date
He doesn't have to send Crowder somewhere for free. He has value. Like I said, Ainge will expect compensation for him IMO, rather than counting Hayward as compensation.

I suppose it may be possible that Ainge decides to do us a Favor. Won't be holding my breath, though.

He doesn't want salary other than Hayward. That is what makes us a good partner. Even if we have to send something what would you pay for Crowder? Probably more than what would be included here. Plus we get a massive trade exception that we need. Ainge wouldn't be doing Utah a favor though it would help the Jazz.

What's the notion about this being up to Hayward?

Genuinely confused. Like we are asking him to demand the Jazz to sign the same contract Boston would give him so they can send us Crowder and a huge trade exception?

What if Boston could get a decent first round pick for Crowder? We are expecting Hayward, who is now about to be a Boston Celtic, to say no turn that deal down and send him to the Jazz?

He doesn't want salary other than Hayward. That is what makes us a good partner. Even if we have to send something what would you pay for Crowder? Probably more than what would be included here. Plus we get a massive trade exception that we need. Ainge wouldn't be doing Utah a favor though it would help the Jazz.

Take the emotion out of it and Crowder is someone we should pay for. We have some leverage because we don't need to take money back, but I would expect we have to throw in some nominal second round picks.

He would fit in perfectly with our defensive identity and need of spreading the floor.

I have no idea how much is too much with picks, but I don't think we should be waiting for more rookies when we have Gobert chomping on the bit to dominate the league defensively.

There is motivation for Ainge to trade Crowder. And to trade him to the Jazz specifically. First of all the Celtics obviously have to trade someone without taking salary back to be able to sign Hayward. Second, there was the whole situation where Crowder got upset last year at Boston fans cheering for Hayward. I assume there is a possibility he's not thrilled to be stuck behind Hayward on a depth chart. Three, the market is pretty dried up right now. There aren't many teams available that have cap space AND would be willing to send future picks to Boston in return for Crowder. So dealing with Utah directly is convenient for Ainge to get this done.

Take the emotion out of it and Crowder is someone we should pay for. We have some leverage because we don't need to take money back, but I would expect we have to throw in some nominal second round picks.

He would fit in perfectly with our defensive identity and need of spreading the floor.

I have no idea how much is too much with picks, but I don't think we should be waiting for more rookies when we have Gobert chomping on the bit to dominate the league defensively.

Send them Tomic. He can be their rim protector and designated rebound-getter-guy.

Hayward going to **** us over again and not agree to it. Hes that much of an *******. I think he's the only one holding this up from happeninh

There is motivation for Ainge to trade Crowder. And to trade him to the Jazz specifically. First of all the Celtics obviously have to trade someone without taking salary back to be able to sign Hayward. Second, there was the whole situation where Crowder got upset last year at Boston fans cheering for Hayward. I assume there is a possibility he's not thrilled to be stuck behind Hayward on a depth chart. Three, the market is pretty dried up right now. There aren't many teams available that have cap space AND would be willing to send future picks to Boston in return for Crowder. So dealing with Utah directly is convenient for Ainge to get this done.

This. Plus throw in the PR/political motives and it makes sense.

Not to mention getting this over and done with so teams and players can move on. Having half of your team involved in trade speculation for days or weeks isn't great for moral.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tony Jones just tweeted that Hayward and his agent "immediately" agreed to help facilitate a S&T

96.6?!?!

How can that be right? Regardless, let's get Crowder. Good fit and great contract.

I didn't realize Crowder shot the 3 at 39%.

I like his more and more.

Do it!