What's new

Josh Hart Kuzma

It is WAAAAAAAAY too early to bail on Bradley. He is meant to hit his prime about the same time Gobert is leaving his. Have some patience.

I still don't get trading for Bradley. What did they see? Has he been doing anything in the G league?

In a vacuum I get the pick... considering we have a world class center and you can fill backup center well and on the cheap it didn’t make sense.

He is an analytics darling and I can see him working his body into shape and becoming something like the Chicago version of Pau Gasol as his upper tier. He may be a career backup, which is fine at 28 but just thought there were guys with a better expectation of hitting their expected ceiling.

I’m hoping he plays some minutes next year at backup 5 to really give us a chance to see what he can be. He’s been good in the g league but not spectacular

I have no idea what Bradley will be but the FO seems to like him. But we had no minutes for him this year and he wasnt going to help us win. We were not about to cut Gobert or Favors minutes for him so he had no chance of playing. He might not have a chance next year either. That does not mean he is a bad player. He could turn out to be good.

So he is a grab and stash (in the G league) project that might be ok in the future some time. Would he have even been picked in the 1st round if we didn't pick him? Could we have picked him in the 2nd round? IDK sounds like a throw-away pick right now, but it is always tough to say. Mitchell surprised a lot of people, me included, from the draft to now, so I guess you don't know really.

I still don't get trading for Bradley. What did they see? Has he been doing anything in the G league?

I have a theory . jazz thought they could snag Kuzma, worked the deal with Lakers but lakers would only do the deal if Jazz agreed before lakers made their pick. Lindsey made the deal hoping Lakers with Nance, Randall and Ingram would pass on Kuzma. He guessed wrong, but took Bradley as the next highest rated player available.

You miss 100% of the balls you don't swing at...lindsey took a chance for a homerun, missed but everyone is happy with his base hit.

Post script ...I wouldnt be suprised if Bradley and the 22 pick are moved on draft night.

If we had not gotten Royce I would be more upset with passing on Hart and some others. The plan was clearly to leave him in the G League. I think they like a lot about him. I think he's a smart kid, hard worker, and he's really big and pretty fluid for his size.

I have a theory . jazz thought they could snag Kuzma, worked the deal with Lakers but lakers would only do the deal if Jazz agreed before lakers made their pick. Lindsey made the deal hoping Lakers with Nance, Randall and Ingram would pass on Kuzma. He guessed wrong, but took Bradley as the next highest rated player available.

You miss 100% of the balls you don't swing at...lindsey took a chance for a homerun, missed but everyone is happy with his base hit.

If that was the case why wouldn't we tell them we want the 27th pick and not the 28th or it's no deal? I think they wanted Bradley and were afraid SA was going to take him. he was linked to us throughout the process. Word is his balance beam routine is waaaaay better than Lyles ever was.

If that was the case why wouldn't we tell them we want the 27th pick and not the 28th or it's no deal? I think they wanted Bradley and were afraid SA was going to take him. he was linked to us throughout the process. Word is his balance beam routine is waaaaay better than Lyles ever was.

Lakers wouldn't tell the Jazz who they were going to pick, Jazz weren't going to tell the Lakers who the Jazz were going to pick. Lakers controlled their destiny by keeping the 27th, Jazz took a small risk hoping it would pay off big, and if it didn't the Jazz were happy with the consolation prize. If the Jazz didn't value anyone projected at 42 then it cost them essentially nothing plus it kept them out of the potentially awkward situation of being on the clock at 30 with former Alpine resident Frank Jackson available.

Bradley looks like a destitute man's Jock Landale and Landale isn't even in the discussion to be drafted this year.

Except this year, every year the FO screws up by not trading up for the eventual best player coming out of every draft (not necessarily the 1st pick). Such an unimpressive track record.