What's new

Game Thread Jul 07, 2022 06:00pm MT: Grizzlies Vs Jazz (Summer League)

Added to Calendar: 07-07-22

I doubt he will play as he is in concussion protocol.
I’m sorry but without Juzang on the roster, it’s just so damn hard to generate any interest. Save for Butler, I don’t see any of these fellas riding the Jazz bench for a regular season game. At least the OKC Memphis game was fun last night.

I’ll check back in with the Jazz when they have Juzang, Kessler and hopefully Bolmaro in the fold for the Vegas installment.

I could see Cockburn making the roster as a 3rd center, given Udoka's injury problems. Coburn has been guarding well enough in space so far. Not great, but probably good enough. Kessler should probably be the primary backup if he's still on the team.

Jordan Usher is a decent prospect and should be headed to the G-league, imo. His shooting range doesn't extend to the NBA line right now, but he's worth developing based on his positional size, ability to defend and vision moving the ball.

I'm not sure anyone else makes the roster, unless the Jazz think they can do something with Caboclo. That's iffy to me.

I could see Cockburn making the roster as a 3rd center, given Udoka's injury problems. Coburn has been guarding well enough in space so far. Not great, but probably good enough. Kessler should probably be the primary backup if he's still on the team.

Jordan Usher is a decent prospect and should be headed to the G-league, imo. His shooting range doesn't extend to the NBA line right now, but he's worth developing based on his positional size, ability to defend and vision moving the ball.

I'm not sure anyone else makes the roster, unless the Jazz think they can do something with Caboclo. That's iffy to me.
Last night James Palmer shot like dog dodo but rebounded and assisted like a boss and had the highest +- on the team. That might be worth an invitation to training camp.

Yeah, good call. Coboclo is really looking good tonight. They’re all showing out a lot better tonight!

Loved the tribute to Gobert and all the Gobert Jerseys in attendance!

This might be the best SL team the Jazz have had in terms of role players, there just isnt the high end draft talent to make them very good.

Bruno has a better shot at being the 3rd center than Cockburn does