What's new

Game Thread Jul 10, 2022 08:00pm: Timberwolves Vs Jazz (Summer League)

Added to Calendar: 07-10-23

Not JazzAvenues quality, but here’s some fun Wolves Quotes. . .

“To think, we traded Keyonte George and Walker Kessler for Rudy Gobert. What were we thinking?!”

“Keyonte George is good. Not sure if he’ll develop into a starting point or a scorer off the bench, but he looks good.”

“Kessler/George is a nice start for Utah on the return for Rudy (along with 3 more FRPs from us and the Lakers pick they got for our spare parts).”

“Don't forget they also got Talen Horton-Tucker for Beverly and absorbed Collins with the cap space they opened up getting off of Gobert's contract.“

“Kessler is the one that really hurts though.
That and having to wait another 6 years to see how the rest of the picks play out.”

“That trade is just pain.”

“Who is better, Paul George or Keyonte George?”

“We’re all gonna hear about how Keyonte’ George beat the team that should have drafted him.”

“Getting Rick Fox vibes from Juzang.”

“NAW at the game repping Tupac. I'd love to hear what he and Finchy are talking about....”

“Finchy: Can you shut down Keyonte’?
NAW: Yeah boss.
Finchy: Good. Because none of these motherf@ck@rs can.”

“Please someone find Keyonte George.”

“Hurts. He was our pick. He don't suck.”

Not JazzAvenues quality, but here’s some fun Wolves Quotes. . .

“To think, we traded Keyonte George and Walker Kessler for Rudy Gobert. What were we thinking?!”

“Keyonte George is good. Not sure if he’ll develop into a starting point or a scorer off the bench, but he looks good.”

“Kessler/George is a nice start for Utah on the return for Rudy (along with 3 more FRPs from us and the Lakers pick they got for our spare parts).”

“Don't forget they also got Talen Horton-Tucker for Beverly and absorbed Collins with the cap space they opened up getting off of Gobert's contract.“

“Kessler is the one that really hurts though.
That and having to wait another 6 years to see how the rest of the picks play out.”

“That trade is just pain.”

“Who is better, Paul George or Keyonte George?”

“We’re all gonna hear about how Keyonte’ George beat the team that should have drafted him.”

“Getting Rick Fox vibes from Juzang.”

“NAW at the game repping Tupac. I'd love to hear what he and Finchy are talking about....”

“Finchy: Can you shut down Keyonte’?
NAW: Yeah boss.
Finchy: Good. Because none of these motherf@ck@rs can.”

“Please someone find Keyonte George.”

“Hurts. He was our pick. He don't suck.”
Great work… we need to wake @JazzAvenues up cuz we about to make a run on this summer league title.

Not ready to hand him the starting PG keys right out of the gate (yet). He'll struggle defensively and is going to get bodied around, Will need to get stronger over the years.

But this kid has it. Starter or not, he's going to play right away, and is probably a starter by the second half of the season barring a significant upgrade at the PG spot.

I could see his rookie season having a DM-esque arc. 1-2 months of spot/rotational playing time as he works his way into a potential starting PG spot.

I kind of wish we had done it to a different fanbase... Minny didn't deserve this... I mean I ain't giving anything back but wish it was the Lakers, Knicks, Celtics, Heat, Rockets that we could twist the knife even more.
They will probably enjoy the best success they have ever had as a franchise over the next 4 years so I don't feel to bad.

Connelly is a fantastic GM despite the Gobert trade and has made a lot of good moves since that trade.

I kind of wish we had done it to a different fanbase... Minny didn't deserve this... I mean I ain't giving anything back but wish it was the Lakers, Knicks, Celtics, Heat, Rockets that we could twist the knife even more.
We could’ve done it with the Lakers by:

- Not taking THT off their hands.
- Traded with the Lakers at the beginning of last season with Bojan and gotten a better return.
- Gotten at least some second rounders somewhere.
- Offer Reaves a toxic contract.

We are currently underutilizing our “hamstring the Lakers for spite” abilities.

They will probably enjoy the best success they have ever had as a franchise over the next 4 years so I don't feel to bad.

Connelly is a fantastic GM despite the Gobert trade and has made a lot of good moves since that trade.
He's done well... not sure they raise to the heights of the KG era.... but should be much better than they have been historically. Will depend on Ant and what they get in the KAT trade that is almost surely coming.

He's done well... not sure they raise to the heights of the KG era.... but should be much better than they have been historically. Will depend on Ant and what they get in the KAT trade that is almost surely coming.
The KG era? The only thing I remember about that is how nauseating it was to continually hear about how “KG has no help” when he’s surrounded by Sam Cassell (all star), Latrell Sprewell (former all-star), Wally Szcerbiak (all star) and the greatest #1 pick of all time Michael Olowokandi.

Okay, so the last one is sarcasm.

The KG era? The only thing I remember about that is how nauseating it was to continually hear about how “KG has no help” when he’s surrounded by Sam Cassell (all star), Latrell Sprewell (former all-star), Wally Szcerbiak (all star) and the greatest #1 pick of all time Michael Olowokandi.

Okay, so the last one is sarcasm.
Yeah I mean getting to the western conference finals and losing to a great lakers team... that ended up losing to the Pistons, winning 50+ games multiple times, having the guy who was a legitimate MVP candidate in a league with Shaq and Duncan. Had they not sustained some untimely injuries they might have been able to upset the Lakers maybe.

If he's at all nicked up, you sit him.

Otherwise let him go. Summer League results are meaningless but the NBA-lite reps are important. I'm sure his confidence is soaring and it'll be a good chance to let him run the team which he'll eventually need to do at the NBA level.

We could’ve done it with the Lakers by:

- Not taking THT off their hands.
- Traded with the Lakers at the beginning of last season with Bojan and gotten a better return.
- Gotten at least some second rounders somewhere.
- Offer Reaves a toxic contract.

We are currently underutilizing our “hamstring the Lakers for spite” abilities.
Pain.

What is going on with Juzang’s hair. It’s like he did a poodle top knot on purpose. I’m going to start calling him fiFi. Lol

I can tell you are super old by many of your posts especially this one. That’s a super popular haircut among young guys. Do you know what a fade is?

I hope they do not shut down KeyNote, to me you let him play, I think the "shut down" talk is mostly due to other players that have gotten shutdown, and their roles on their perspective teams or are 2nd year players which is fairly common practice if they show out.

Reading through this, thread I wonder if some of you confused Sammich #19 with #10 Hauser.

I get Šamanić has his flaws but to me Hauser has been the worst player on the court (for either team) every minute he's been on the court and it ain't really all that close either. To me Šamanić is not nearly as bad as several of the people make him out to be in these game threads. He has had his bad moments for sure but also has had some good moments and I think can look better playing with better teammates.

Where Hauser will just always look, like a horrible defender who is slow, unathletic, poor length, poor rebounder that is so overwhelmed his one possible skill, shooting, he hasn't been able to show he can do that.

I also thought last night #46 (think that's Vincent) was horrible on defense and his offense was not good when factoring the looks he was getting and what he produced with those looks.