What's new

Game Thread Jul 10, 2022 08:00pm: Timberwolves Vs Jazz (Summer League)

Added to Calendar: 07-10-23

Key’s defense really does need significant improvement before he’s ready for real NBA minutes. At least 10 pts have been folks bowling over or around him. He looks lost.

But that will improve with time. Kid looks phenomenal.
He was lost a few times… his offense is good enough that ya hold your nose a bit. It wasn’t as bad as in Utah but hopefully having Walker and Lauri behind him will help

Some thoughts. . .

Johnny Juzang likely saved his job with this game. He looked fantastic. Jazz probably bring him back on the 2-way deal, but I bet he gets call-ups.

Micah Potter looked big, solid and more skilled than I was expecting. He’ll stick around on the 2-way, but I think he mostly plays for the Stars.

Hauser is probably more of a Stars guy than a Jazz guy. If they shuffle 2-way players, he’s going to be the one to go. Solid catch and shoot 3 guy, but didn’t see much else besides that.

Luka Samanic has probably done enough to keep his spot, but I’d cut him and churn the bottom of the roster. I don’t see him getting any playing time unless things go badly. I guess he could be a 4/5 combo guy if they want to go get another wing.

Ross can play, but he’s a G-league guy all the way. Wouldn’t hate seeing him get an Exhibit 10 contract and playing for the Stars this year.

Last edited:
I hope that wasn't the last we see of Keyonte in summer league, but I fear the Jazz may shut him down. It would be awesome if we could see Hendricks for at least a game or two.

He was lost a few times… his offense is good enough that ya hold your nose a bit. It wasn’t as bad as in Utah but hopefully having Walker and Lauri behind him will help
He needs better awareness, more strength and some playing time to work it out. He’s an active guy, just gets caught ball-watching instead of doing his assignment. He’ll get there. I fully believe that Hardy & company can help him a lot on that end of things.

I hope that wasn't the last we see of Keyonte in summer league, but I fear the Jazz may shut him down. It would be awesome if we could see Hendricks for at least a game or two.
I get protecting against injury but I struggle to see why you wouldn’t give him the reps unless there is some other plan for his development the next two weeks… I can’t think of a better way to springboard the kid to success than by giving him a few more games and seeing if he can lead the team to winning this thing. As the roster sits he’s looking at like 15-20 minutes a night when we are healthy. These reps are really important too.

George looks so special. I can't wait to see what he looks like playing a 2 man game with Lauri in the pick and roll.

My take was that Keyonte and Juzang get to share the game ball. Midway through the third quarter this looked like a loss. Then suddenly it was like the Jazz found another gear. Potter led both teams in rebounding and he tied for the team lead in assists. I think Hauser is not at NBA level. Keyshawn Justice played solidly and perhaps gets a training camp invite. Based on tonight I wonder if a team might try to sign Juzang to a guaranteed contract? I thought Luka did fine playing with the knee bone bruise. We are undefeated in Vegas biches!!!!

I think Juzang will be a very good overseas player. Unfortunately, I don’t think he stands out enough areas to stick it as fringe player in the NBA but he could be a high level player at a lower level of competition.

I think Juzang will be a very good overseas player. Unfortunately, I don’t think he stands out enough areas to stick it as fringe player in the NBA but he could be a high level player at a lower level of competition.
I dunno about that, I think he’s a better shooter than he showed late last year. I think the question is if he can defend at all, but I don’t think a George Niang esque career isn’t out of the question for him

It's hard to get over how weird Miller's shot form is. I feel like he's going to draw a lot of 3pt shot fouls if he ever becomes known as someone you have to close out on. He has his feet really close together and in on his shot then he scissors them pretty sharply. Most players have an even sway forward.