What's new

julius randle...

Fabtrey

this boy can play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=69h7Taf8LII

i'm happy with exum, but i would've had no problem taking randle. i had 1. gordon 2. randle 3. exum after big 3

When I see that video I think - Wow! Reggie Evans isn't collecting social security yet? And Randle looks shorter than Carl Landry who is "the" undersized PF in the league.

It's gonna take A LOT of work for Randle to score consistently in this league. Not saying he definitely won't do it. But I wouldn't be surprised if Hood had a better NBA career let alone Exum.

When I see that video I think - Wow! Reggie Evans isn't collecting social security yet? And Randle looks shorter than Carl Landry who is "the" undersized PF in the league.

It's gonna take A LOT of work for Randle to score consistently in this league. Not saying he definitely won't do it. But I wouldn't be surprised if Hood had a better NBA career let alone Exum.

In that case he has a bright future. That's what Julius is about - he simply does work.

Seeing that video, I'd say he's exactly the kind of offensive player we need at the 4.

So what you're telling me is that he can palm the ball and not get called for it AND get past Reggie Evans? /slowclap

Seeing that video, I'd say he's exactly the kind of offensive player we need at the 4.

If Kanter doesn't work out, I'd rather go after Millsap as a FA.
There are a lot of undersized PF's in the league, We could have kept Marvin, FWIW. Randle is going to be a very productive player in the league. Will he ever be an all-star? That's a long shot. Jazz absolutely did the right thing in drafting a player who COULD be elite due to his size and speed. It was/is a gamble since Exum needs so much work. But IMO, he was the 4th best prospect on the board.

Millsap vs. Randle depends on where we are as a team. Are we at winning now/next couple years.. or bldg?

One of the best indicators of world class athleticism is how a player can contort their body in the air to get a controlled shot off. Randle looks like he has that ability.

One of the best indicators of world class athleticism is how a player can contort their body in the air to get a controlled shot off. Randle looks like he has that ability.

Not sure I agree with the former, but certainly do the latter.

And in the game of the highlight video, he only scored 12 points on 12 shots and only got to the FT line once. Not exactly a very good performance.

Can Randle actually make his mid-range jumpshot consistent?

Can he develop a right hand?

Has to do those 2 things and he could be an All-Star. I still think he is a super easy player to guard for most NBA starters. He will expose mismatches well though because he can abuse SF's masquerading as PF's and he can take slow big men off the dribble who aren't smart defensively (Kanter types).

Can Randle actually make his mid-range jumpshot consistent?

Can he develop a right hand?

Has to do those 2 things and he could be an All-Star. I still think he is a super easy player to guard for most NBA starters. He will expose mismatches well though because he can abuse SF's masquerading as PF's and he can take slow big men off the dribble who aren't smart defensively (Kanter types).

I typically agree with your assessments of UK players, softened by your obvious dislike for any UK player.
You have decent analysis, I admit, but you are WAY glass half empty if it's a UK player. It's ok, tho, lil bro.