What's new

July 7th, Summer League Game 1: Utah vs. Miami

Burke ends a fairly mediocre game with two great dump-off passes to Gobert and Evans

Fairly mediocre is being kind imo

Anyone got the numbers on Deron's first summer league game, not that its any type of indicator just curious.

-Trey couldn't hit anything, but looked better as the game went along
-Gobert was a very nice surprise. Active and athletic for his size. If he can just put on 15-20 lbs of bulk and learns the NBA game (rebounding) he'll be very solid
-Burks did what a 3rd year Summer League player (who is in an NBA rotation) should.

Dude, its summer league. I don't think anyone should be worried regarding Burke's intensity and killer instinct.

It's a pretty simple concept: opposing player is down on the floor, we have the ball, push it. He didn't do that, summer league or no.

It looked like Burke got a little more use to the game near the end. He just needs some time to adjust and play with his teammates. Point guard is the hardest to learn.

I liked Christmad he had a nice all around game, was willing to pass it, etc.

I also liked Mahalbasic.

Do you guys think kanter would be playing in SL if he were healthy?

It's a pretty simple concept: opposing player is down on the floor, we have the ball, push it. He didn't do that, summer league or no.

No, you're right. Let us all base a player's reputation regarding his toughness off of one play in a summer-league game.

Dwill
Looked weak in his first summer league for what its worth. Trey looked a bit fazed, but he will put it together. Pgs rarely look good in this setting unless you shoot the ball well.

I have to be honest. I was not impressed by Burke. Its not the 1-12 so much as it is he looks so slow and not athletic. I sure hope he can show more than that.

So where was Mcneal? I saw Neto on the bench but I'm assuming that they have things to clear up before he can play,

No, you're right. Let us all base a player's reputation regarding his toughness off of one play in a summer-league game.

I am not saying he won't be a great player, I am saying that this game is something you leave off your resume.

Anyone got the numbers on Deron's first summer league game, not that its any type of indicator just curious.

Deron Williams first game, 8 points, 2 rebounds, 6 assists on 4-8 from the field.

Trey Burke first game, 8 points, 7 rebounds, 5 assists on 1-12 from the field.

I have to be honest. I was not impressed by Burke. Its not the 1-12 so much as it is he looks so slow and not athletic. I sure hope he can show more than that.

Interesting, don't think he looked slow at all.. He got into the paint whenever he wanted, just struggled putting the ball in the basket.

Burke had pretty bad game

the offense seemed to run better with him off the court at times

he finally learned to dump off in the lane when he drives into two guys towards the end of the game

needs to learn to throw his body into defenders rather than simply try to avoid / go to the cp3 school of flopping while handling teh ball

at least he didnt commit a lot of to

Mellow posted this.

Before Burkes begins his Monumental Summer League it is good to remember that in Dwills 1st summer league game he had 8 points on 8 shots, 3 turnovers and 6 assists.

I'm really excited about Gobert (as I have been for months). The fact that he's received Sloan's blessing as a hard worker puts me over the moon. He can be such a defensive game changer.

Obviously he needs more strength, but he can stay on the floor NOW if he develops a couple catch-gather-shoot moves. Get it off high and quick.

Burke was a big fat meh, but it is SL.