What's new

July 7th, Summer League Game 1: Utah vs. Miami

I have to be honest. I was not impressed by Burke. Its not the 1-12 so much as it is he looks so slow and not athletic. I sure hope he can show more than that.

I agree but do think he was trying to feel his way around today. I knowthis is the nba, but he did not look that slow in college.

I'm not worried about Burke, at all. This was his first NBA exposure and he's expected to play point.

Nice to see Gobert. Think he'll be good. I'm glad Hayward is there showing some support.

gobert looked solid

needs to be more aggressive rebounding

is he lefty cuz at times i thought he had really simple right hand hooks to the middle but he went with a harder one to his left

Most of you guys act like you've never watched a summer league game. Burke was fine.. holeeee ****.

If he isn't playing very well by the middle of the week, everyone neg me. Whiny bitches.

I remember watching Deron in summer league. He did not look very good. Kept getting the ball taken away from him on the dribble by smaller faster guards. I hold little stock in SL games. Burke did have some nice passes at the end of the game and another nice fade away jumper (it did not go in, but was a decent move nonetheless).

Last edited:
If you really want to nitpick Trey's first NBA action then this is really reaching.

Reaching? He didn't give us much of anything in this game to "feel good" about. I understand it's only one game and I expect him to bounce back. But you folks act like I called him a bust.

I was expecting more from evans :-(

I was too... I like the guy but he has been a pro now for what 3 years??? Dude is a pro athlete, you get paid to work out and practice shooting. I understand it may be hard to put on weight for some guys but how is practicing your game not your entire life?

I think Malone is going to be great for Gobert. He just needs a go to offensive move and some strength to get those rebounds.

Burke was able to get into the lane at points... but when there's no one to dish the ball to, he's left to flip up a tough fadeway lay-up.

This sort of play was probably a lot easier in college, so this is definitely a concern.
I bet he figures it out in a couple games and will continue to quietly put up solid all-around numbers.

Encouraging sign though, (even if it was against Miami SL PG's)... he didn't seem to be abused off the bounce. Only 1 game in but still a good sign.

Reaching? He didn't give us much of anything in this game to "feel good" about. I understand it's only one game and I expect him to bounce back. But you folks act like I called him a bust.

Yeah, you are right. Deonte Christmas, who every GM thinks he can't play in the NBA, is a much better NBA player than Burke. Thanks for clearing that up.

I remember watching Deron in summer league. He did not look very good. Kept getting the ball taken away from him on the dribble by smaller faster guards. I hold little stock in SL games. Burke did have some nice passes at the end of the game and another nice fade away jumper (it did not go in, but was a decent move nonetheless).
fixed

Burke is very clearly a bust. I say we amnesty him.