What's new

Game Thread Jun 08, 2021 08:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Clippers - Game 1

Added to Calendar: 06-08-21

Fun game to be at. Not fun to get out of the parking lot. Saw Favs and Gobert come out late at half with the coaches. I’m sure they both got an ear full for their first half effort.

Don didn’t look good overall health wise. He kept bending over as if tired. But played insane. No comparison but kind of like MJ flu game. I’m not sure if any of you noticed that.

I think Favs play in the 2nd half swung things for us. His hustle on the boards and that timely block changed momentum for us. Love to see players come alive during playoffs.

Fun game to be at. Not fun to get out of the parking lot. Saw Favs and Gobert come out late at half with the coaches. I’m sure they both got an ear full for their first half effort.

Don didn’t look good overall health wise. He kept bending over as if tired. But played insane. No comparison but kind of like MJ flu game. I’m not sure if any of you noticed that.

I think Favs play in the 2nd half swung things for us. His hustle on the boards and that timely block changed momentum for us. Love to see players come alive during playoffs.
Favs played better than Rudy until Q4, but beastmode makes up for things sometimes...

Quin said something about him being nauseous. Hopefully that’s on the mend.

He was nauseous and lightheaded before the game.

Favs played better than Rudy until Q4, but beastmode makes up for things sometimes...

During time outs, Rudy was really intense with Favs. I think Favs got Gobert mentally ready or something. Cause he kept hitting Favs on the chest during a time out. Either he was pumping up Favs or vise versa. I love watching them two. They seem very close.

Didn’t I read somewhere that Rudy is the one that wanted Favs back after the defensive drop off in the bubble last year?

Keys to the win for me -
1. SPIDA
2. Recovering from terrible shooting
3. Bogdonovic and Royce locking down Kawhi and PG13
4. Quin picking on Kennard
5. Home court (we did earn that advantage)
6. Jazz were the fresher team come the 4th quarter after being the slower team in the first.

Great win. In many ways it was a similar game to the Grizzlies series opener. We were clearly rusty, without one starter, shooting like ****. We still managed to rally and get a win this time. I hope we will be back to our normal selves from now on.

Last edited: