What's new

Game Thread Jun 12, 2021 06:30PM MT: Jazz at Clippers - Game 3

Added to Calendar: 06-12-21

It's Ersan time. :D
Those lineups are pretty wing/guard heavy. I think Forrest might have more success. Without Mike we also need ball handling. I wouldn’t mind Ersan I guess. Better rebounder and might get us a charge.

Torrey Craig was available for the minimum to start the season... he was available in season for a second rounder... we got Matt Thomas instead. We cut Shaq instead of Oni... at least Shaq can defend... even if he can’t shoot at all.
Oni has really brought a lot to the table this series.

Kawhi had zero fouls tonight and he guarded Don much of the time. When not guarding Don, he was reaching nonstop.

We didn't lose because of this but give me a ****ing break you rigged NBA.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app
I would like them to tag him for travel just once... he’s had two of the most obvious travels I’ve seen go uncalled in this series. On the Kennard three it looked like he came down with the ball but it was close.

We are up 2-1 without Conley no matter anyway you want to split it. Simple as that. Unless we lose the next two in a row we will either be up 3-1 or 3-2.

Conley’s hamstring healed itself tonight though.
There's the silver lining.

One of the critical elements before our medical staff clears an all-star for a playoff game is that the team loses without him first.

Thats all a good team has to do - put a shooter at the 5 and Rudy goes from being elite to being just pretty good.
Oh, come on my friend. That's a bad take, it's never that easy. Rudy is still elite. Guys gotta stay in front of their man, rotate faster or choose more wisely where to help from. Hopefully Q will nail the defense next game (and both Donovan and Mike play)

Mitchell getting ice wrapped around the ankle doesn’t look good
I thought the same thing but he’s likely doing it every game. If you’ve ever had a bad sprain it swells up after activity like that... so ice it no matter if you reinjury it or not.

At this point, we've got to hope that's the case with Conley and not something more serious. I guess we'll find out tomorrow because if they tell us he's questionable, I think we'll have our answer.

Jazz next season need to get rid of our undrafted G-league guys and get some professional NBA players. Clippers are like 11-12 players deep. Keep Udoka Forrest and Hughes. I would rather the Turk get Niang minutes right now. George cannot play against athletic teams in the playoffs. I have seen enough of Oni and if Brantley or Morgan cannot get minutes over Oni or Niang then we can do better. Clippers were too good tonight and the Jazz are going to need Conley if they want to win this series. I hope Denver can try and make an effort to beat the Suns because if the Jazz somehow beat the Clippers, a well rested Suns team will be waiting for them.

Missed the game. The wife made me do neighbor socializing stuff. Then I saw the box score and don’t want to rewatch it. Looks like we could score alright but couldn’t defend. Anything else? What’s the reader’s digest version?

I would like them to tag him for travel just once... he’s had two of the most obvious travels I’ve seen go uncalled in this series. On the Kennard three it looked like he came down with the ball but it was close.
Very true. And Batum had a very clear travel at a key moment of the first half that went uncalled. Led to a 3.

The NBA wanted the Clippers to win. They didn't need the help, but they got it anyway.

Missed the game. The wife made me do neighbor socializing stuff. Then I saw the box score and don’t want to rewatch it. Looks like we could score alright but couldn’t defend. Anything else?
Yeah, couldn't defend and LA was pretty aggressive all game long. Donovan got injured. He was limping with his ankle wraped in ice when leaving the court.

Jazz next season need to get rid of our undrafted G-league guys and get some professional NBA players. Clippers are like 11-12 players deep. Keep Udoka Forrest and Hughes. I would rather the Turk get Niang minutes right now. George cannot play against athletic teams in the playoffs. I have seen enough of Oni and if Brantley or Morgan cannot get minutes over Oni or Niang then we can do better. Clippers were too good tonight and the Jazz are going to need Conley if they want to win this series. I hope Denver can try and make an effort to beat the Suns because if the Jazz somehow beat the Clippers, a well rested Suns team will be waiting for them.
Oni not being good screws us up. Brantley has never had a chance. It’s burning spots for Morgan and Udoka... then adding Matt Thomas. We needed another vet wing defender. Had plenty of opportunities to add one... now we have an injury and are at least one player short more likely two players short.

Missed the game. The wife made me do neighbor socializing stuff. Then I saw the box score and don’t want to rewatch it. Looks like we could score alright but couldn’t defend. Anything else?
Mitchell might be hurt. Jazz sucked at getting layups. Defense was bad but we also struggled consistently finding an offense.

I am worried that DM’s ankle is going to render him less than ideal the rest of the playoffs.

Oh, come on my friend. That's a bad take, it's never that easy. Rudy is still elite. Guys gotta stay in front of their man, rotate faster or choose more wisely where to help from. Hopefully Q will nail the defense next game (and both Donovan and Mike play)
True that he is still elite, but when he gets stretched out of the lane, he simply cannot impact the game with his elite skill set at the same level.

A team that knows how to execute will make him a lesser player. That's why playoff basketball shows that his skill set doesn't translate against every opponent.

If Batum is allowed to play 32+ minutes and shoot 40% from 3, Rudy cannot impact the game the same way. At the very least, he has to get a ton more rebounds. 10 rebounds is disappointing.