What's new

Game Thread Jun 12, 2021 06:30PM MT: Jazz at Clippers - Game 3

Added to Calendar: 06-12-21

I’m curious about Donovan, because to me it looked more like he tweaked his knee by the mechanism and perhaps the ice is just a red herring.

Jazz next season need to get rid of our undrafted G-league guys and get some professional NBA players. Clippers are like 11-12 players deep. Keep Udoka Forrest and Hughes. I would rather the Turk get Niang minutes right now. George cannot play against athletic teams in the playoffs. I have seen enough of Oni and if Brantley or Morgan cannot get minutes over Oni or Niang then we can do better. Clippers were too good tonight and the Jazz are going to need Conley if they want to win this series. I hope Denver can try and make an effort to beat the Suns because if the Jazz somehow beat the Clippers, a well rested Suns team will be waiting for them.
it's not hard either. It took the Jazz like 2 years to turn Royce and Niang from scrubs into serviceable rotation guys when they can just look at the market and sign two off of FA in a matter of days.

Cam Payne had a game of his life when CP3 went down during that Lakers series. Austin Rivers sank 4 threes in a row to send Blazers packing. When will Niang show up in the playoffs for us like that, if ever

Torrey Craig was traded for cash considerations... we traded a second for Matt Thomas... Austin Rivers was sitting at home... we declared Oni our best perimeter defender before the season... I watched him foul and get stuck to screens like Velcro. We never got him enough action before the deadline or last year to figure it out.

Even a hustle guy like Alize Johnson could have been useable.

Sloppy ****

As much as I would have loved to win this game, in most series it's almost a given that down 0-2 the home team wins game 3.

Honestly, as long as Donovan's okay, we're still right where we want to be, which is the drivers seat of this series.

Reggie Jackson and alike Kennard’s shooting should come back down to earth. Unfortunately Morris is 1/16 from deep and is a 47% three point shooter.

True that he is still elite, but when he gets stretched out of the lane, he simply cannot impact the game with his elite skill set at the same level.

A team that knows how to execute will make him a lesser player. That's why playoff basketball shows that his skill set doesn't translate against every opponent.

If Batum is allowed to play 32+ minutes and shoot 40% from 3, Rudy cannot impact the game the same way. At the very least, he has to get a ton more rebounds. 10 rebounds is disappointing.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app
You have to have the right personnel... clips do... but the big issue has always been that he can’t punish them for being small. If they want to go small that’s fine... Rudy can still impact the defensive side of the ball on many plays. If they go small he needs to have like 20 points through lobs and offensive rebounds. It has to be a trade off and it hasn’t been.

Once Conley gets back we need to cut the rotation down to 8 and sit Niang and Oni. Niang has been absolutely awful. We started coming back early in the 4th and had a lot of momentum and he pretty much single handedly killed it with two turnovers in a row, a bricked 3, a foul and bad defense.

Torrey Craig was available for the minimum to start the season... he was available in season for a second rounder... we got Matt Thomas instead. We cut Shaq instead of Oni... at least Shaq can defend... even if he can’t shoot at all.
Shaq Harrison has a total of 10 minutes in 3 games for the Denver team who has 3 of their guards down against CP3 and Booker who he, theoretically, matches up well against. I don't think he would sniff the floor even with Conley and Niang out of rotation.

You have to have the right personnel... clips do... but the big issue has always been that he can’t punish them for being small. If they want to go small that’s fine... Rudy can still impact the defensive side of the ball on many plays. If they go small he needs to have like 20 points through lobs and offensive rebounds. It has to be a trade off and it hasn’t been.

It would also help if Rudy could catch the ball.