What's new

Game Thread Jun 14, 2021 08:00PM MT: Jazz at Clippers - Game 4

Added to Calendar: 06-14-21

We can still win this game if Rudy Gobert doesn't play like a bum and if we learn how to take advantage of the Mitchell double team. The problem is those two things are unlikely to both happen.

Jazz come down and make 3 3pts and the Clips match them. This game is over unless Clips have a historical meltdown which would be shocking considering how well they are playing. Jazz organization never learned from last year playoff's loss. In the playoffs you have to have multiple guys who can get their own shot. Jazz have DM and JC but JC is so inconsistent and has struggled the second half of the season. Bogie was a guy last you who could do it but since his injury he is not the same player. All the other guys are system guys. Ingles has disappeared and Royce is not a starter on a winning championship team. Jazz may still win the series if they hold homecourt but I don't see winning it all until they address the lack of athleticism and scoring ability on the roster.

What happened to the pick and lob to Gobert? He doesn’t even have one FG attempt. Oof
They tried it... the issue is they get into Rudy’s body... it’s a foul... they will never call it cuz the guy guarding him is small.

Our avatars say it all. I hope to have fun debates with you in the offseason.
I like Rudy, but we are so asset poor that we have to cash him in. It is very clear that Don does not need Rudy to be special.

Rudy doesn't do anything at an elite level against small teams. Nothing. Rebounding, protecting the paint (because he's outside), posting up, screening, rolling, etc.

It's time to give the team to Don if we lose this series.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

We are getting killed in this game for one reason guys. No Mike Conley. I keep seeing how bad everyone is tonight outside of Don. Yes they are bad but that's because we are designed for Mike to get those guys going. Everyone plays better with him on the court. I know Mike Conley isn't stockton but he is legitimately almost as important to this ball club as stockton was to his. It's easy to say a team is terrible without their 2nd best player. If you took PG off of LA they wouldn't look great either.

It's fine to be frustrated but don't say it's anything other than due to injury.
^this

Mitchell has to trust his teammates to make open shots and they have to make them. Mitchell is getting doubled and tripled. Guys are wide open for 3. The same is happening Clarkson.

Definitely. I hope Donovan gets a tech at halftime.

I would have gotten in the refs face after that. Beverley handchecked him down the court then got his hand on the strip then bumped him then came from behind for a "block"

Chuck agreed... it’s just so ****ing wild how some guys are officiated one way and others can’t do anything. It’d be great to have a Ticker or Beverly that are allowed to tackle and fight all game with no recourse.

The Jazz isn't down 24 points or whatever it is because Mike Conley isn't playing. That ship has sailed. The Clippers have entered a level of play that even bringing in Conley won't solve. We lost our chance the second we decided Conley wasn't ready to go for game three. He's a great player but you're asking him to step in front of a speeding locomotive.

We are getting killed in this game for one reason guys. No Mike Conley. I keep seeing how bad everyone is tonight outside of Don. Yes they are bad but that's because we are designed for Mike to get those guys going. Everyone plays better with him on the court. I know Mike Conley isn't stockton but he is legitimately almost as important to this ball club as stockton was to his. It's easy to say a team is terrible without their 2nd best player. If you took PG off of LA they wouldn't look great either.

It's fine to be frustrated but don't say it's anything other than due to injury.
Coaching and game plan might have something to do with this mess.

Mitchell has to trust his teammates to make open shots and they have to make them. Mitchell is getting doubled and tripled. Guys are wide open for 3. The same is happening Clarkson.
Yeah but they didn’t... Bojan is getting looks and doing his pump fake and drive thing... just effing shoot the three... if they hard contest hit the deck and take your free throws... that’s how it works I think.

I think he has found teammates on multiple occasions in this game. Bogey has passed on shots or missed them. Royce hasn't hit. Clarkson has missed a couple.

Don is passing some and it's just not leading to buckets.

I like Rudy, but we are so asset poor that we have to cash him in. It is very clear that Don does not need Rudy to be special.

Rudy doesn't do anything at an elite level against small teams. Nothing. Rebounding, protecting the paint (because he's outside), posting up, screening, rolling, etc.

Rudy is great. He is missing Conley though. His defense rating has been elite in the playoffs. He's in foul trouble this game though.

I mean I watched John Collins **** the bed in the fourth quarter tonight... Rudy ain’t perfect and he can be schemed around... but with our defensive personnel without Rudy we’d be an 8 seed.