What's new

Game Thread Jun 18, 2021 08:00PM MT: Jazz at Clippers - Game 6

Added to Calendar: 06-18-21

Nah, I'm watching some golf tomorrow. US Open.

I think I already checked out for this one. Even if we won, having Don and Mike playing on one leg, we had no chance in the next round
It's the offensive game plan of living and dying on three. I seen this coming from a mile away come playoffs time. Add that with Quinn history of Being worst at end of year just like at Mizzou.

Bogey at 5
Royce at 4
Ingles at 3
Don at 2
Conley at 1

Seriously. It's not hard. Batum isn't going to post up Bojan

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app
Layup line all day.
Reggie Jackson you get a layup, pg you get a layup, Batum go ahead and get yourself a layup, Morris have a layup as well, Beverly go ahead and take an unimpeded path to the rim, etc etc etc.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

2018 Game 5 vs OKC: Blew a 25 point lead, lost
2018 Game 6 vs OKC: Blew a 13 point 4th quarter lead, got bailed out by the refs
2020 Game 5 vs DEN: Blew a 15 point 3rd quarter lead, lost
2021 Game 2 vs MEM: Blew a 3rd quarter 21 point lead, still won
2021 Games 3 and 4 vs MEM: Blew double digit 4th quarter leads, still won
2021 Game 2 vs LAC: Blew a 21 point lead, still won
2021 Game 6 vs LAC: LMAO

If you still don't think lack of killer instinct/mental toughness is a problem with this team, your head is in the sand.

What? Did you watch these last games. They totally exposed Rudy. We would've better with Favors in there, or Ersan. The whole defensive philosophy was exposed and we saw this several games ago. But not just that; Rudy's softness and inability to hang on to the ball was inexcusable.
We would be better with Favors? When on the floor had a Drating of 148? You're delusional. I think we should have tried Ersan but that is no Quin, right? Or this is Rudys fault?

Bogey at 5
Royce at 4
Ingles at 3
Don at 2
Conley at 1

Seriously. It's not hard. Batum isn't going to post up Bojan

Why would Batum post up bojan? He would just blow by bojan for a layup or dunk if bojan guarded him on the three point line. If bojan sagged? 3 ball in his face.

2018 Game 5 vs OKC: Blew a 25 point lead, lost
2018 Game 6 vs OKC: Blew a 13 point 4th quarter lead, got bailed out by the refs
2020 Game 5 vs DEN: Blew a 15 point 3rd quarter lead, lost
2021 Game 2 vs MEM: Blew a 3rd quarter 21 point lead, still won
2021 Games 3 and 4 vs MEM: Blew double digit 4th quarter leads, still won
2021 Game 2 vs LAC: Blew a 21 point lead, still won
2021 Game 6 vs LAC: LMAO

If you still don't think lack of killer instinct/mental toughness is a problem with this team, your head is in the sand.

Rudy doesn’t have it. Dude is soft as ****.

Mitchell isn’t the problem.

The other guys are. We need more athleticism, more defense, and a coach who can make a ****ing adjustment.
I never said He was the problem. They just need to build different type of team around him. Alot of time it's fit. I question if he a number one on a successful playoff team. It's why I think Denver is much better then Utah because Mitche and Murray a wash but Jokic is better then both. Donovan needs another legit star, one that would push him to 1b option

I wasn't able to watch the tonight, but I saw the halftime score and the 3rd quarter score and knew it was over... wtf happened?

He drew a charge from PG with 4 minutes left and got fts driving to the basket on the other end.

Blaming Donovan. Shame on you

The Clippers iso'd Donovan on almost every play in the second half. When his man blew by, Rudy had to help, corner 3. Repeat over and over again.

Rudy had an awful game. I really think he wasn’t able to play that many minutes. He had some hustle plays in the first half and was active in the paint, and then just disappeared all of the second half. So did Clarkson. Ingles, Bogey, Favors, and Niang didn’t bother showing up at all. I give Conley a pass because he was hurt and I appreciate he tried to play for us, even though he ended up playing very poorly. Donovan and Royce were the only players who bothered showing up for 4 quarters.

I've displayed a TON of negativity this series, but we all have to face the fact that this team was built to take on a team like the Lakers, the Bucks, or the Sixers. The NBA does not have another team with the versatility and 5-out ability that the Clippers have. This match-up was going to be bad right from the start. Don and Mike were both not at 100%, and our supporting cast just didn't measure up in the playoffs. The Jazz are NOT as bad as everyone is feeling right now, we just ran up against the wrong team at the wrong time. Plus, Terrence Mann played the best ball of his life tonight. Our gameplan dared him to beat us, and he did. We need more help on the bench, but our core is still a bad matchup for almost every team in the association.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

He had basically a 40 point triple double.
But people are on here blaming Donovan Mitchell. I don't understand it. I honestly don't.

It's like Bulls fans bashing Jordan his first 4 years because all he could do was score and pass but not win. Jordan was 1-9 in the playoffs his first 3 years.

For **** sake, the announcers were praising him for his heart and effort yet some of you bozos are bashing him.

We don't deserve Don. Our fanbase sucks.

Last edited:
He drew a charge from PG with 4 minutes left and got fts driving to the basket on the other end.

Blaming Donovan. Shame on you

You keep saying I'm blaming Mitchell when i'm blaming the whole team. Rudy played like crap, Ingles been playing like crap both series, Conley looked like crap.

I'm sorry your Don tinted glasses can see that was one of the WORST defensive performances of his career. You have to be able to criticize your idol once in a while there bud, or you look like a complete homer.

Layup line all day.
Reggie Jackson you get a layup, pg you get a layup, Batum go ahead and get yourself a layup, Morris have a layup as well, Beverly go ahead and take an unimpeded path to the rim, etc etc etc.

I understand that everyone is frustrated. But this LoPo lineup is probably the most non sense thing I've ever seen. You don't have to understand basketball to be a fan, but c'mon.. that's just too much