What's new

Just in from CNN

That's not illegal (although I dont lilke them)and Bernies campaign also signed a joint fundraising agreement fyi.

Sent from my SM-G935V using JazzFanz mobile app

I was mostly speaking to your comment about rigging the primary. Controlling DNC money, press releases, etc certainly sounds like rigging the primary to me. Further not only did she quite possibly cost the party the Whitehouse she crippled their chances in Congress by siphoning off money. I am not a lawyer but that sounds at least borderline illegal. It's money laundering to avoid FEC compliance ain't it?

I was mostly speaking to your comment about rigging the primary. Controlling DNC money, press releases, etc certainly sounds like rigging the primary to me. Further she not only did she quite possibly cost the party the Whitehouse she crippled their chances in Congress by siphoning off money. I am not a lawyer but that sounds at least borderline illegal. It's money laundering to avoid FEC compliance ain't it?

It's funny. Here's a comment I made a few days ago before Donna Brazil came out:

I wonder which is more likely... Russian interference putting Trump in office or DNC primary interference putting Sanders out and thus putting Trump in office. I know only one of those theories gets play.

I was mostly speaking to your comment about rigging the primary. Controlling DNC money, press releases, etc certainly sounds like rigging the primary to me. Further not only did she quite possibly cost the party the Whitehouse she crippled their chances in Congress by siphoning off money. I am not a lawyer but that sounds at least borderline illegal. It's money laundering to avoid FEC compliance ain't it?

I'm not sure how that constitutes money laundering but I agree that it probably hurt downballot tickets and was the wrong call. Again, controlling the money and having veto power over DNC press releases etc isn't a good look, but that doesn't constitute "rigging" imo. No-one who wanted to vote for Bernie was kept from doing so.

I'm not sure how that constitutes money laundering but I agree that it probably hurt downballot tickets and was the wrong call. Again, controlling the money and having veto power over DNC press releases etc isn't a good look, but that doesn't constitute "rigging" imo. No-one who wanted to vote for Bernie was kept from doing so.

Because even if you have a JFA you still cannot exceed individual contribution limits. They are meant to share costs not bypass individual contribution limits. If money beyond the limit was really transferred to Hillary that is illegal. Maybe not criminal but illegal. That money should have been given to other participants in the agreement or returned to the donor.

That's my understanding anyway

Looks like another terrorist attack in New York after a truck plows through a crowd in Manhattan (it hasn't been confirmed a terrorist attack, but the media is reporting speculation.) Just this week alone, there have been 444 people around the world killed by terrorist attacks.
A foreign U of U student was shot and killed at the U last night in an attempted car-jacking. I don't understand how one could so carelessly take someone's life. ****ing disgusting.

mus tbe white man, with confederate flag, and dont thread on me stickers doing these terorist attacks, i have seen a distubring video of them mowing down children including muslim children!

damm those evil white men

There's something to be said about waiting. In our crazy world now, we jump to conclusions within minutes before we have adequate information. I have a friend who will not even discuss a news story for at least two days. He wants to make sure he has good intel before he forms his opinions and then spouts off about it.

And if I was famous, I'd want to take even more time - because anything you say will be used against you for the rest of your life. Being cautious is a great idea.

how long are we supposed to wait for the las vegas shooters motive, when can i jump to conclusion

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/07/politics/cnn-poll-republicans-democrats-taxes/index.html

Poll: Views of Democratic Party hit lowest mark in 25 years

Washington (CNN)Favorable views of the Democratic Party have dropped to their lowest mark in more than a quarter century of polling, according to new numbers from a CNN poll conducted by SSRS.

Only 37% of Americans have a favorable opinion of Democrats, down from 44% in March of this year. A majority, 54%, have an unfavorable view, matching their highest mark in polls from CNN and SSRS, CNN/ORC and CNN/USA Today/Gallup stretching back to 1992.

People are starting to see that the 2-party system sucks balls. Time for a new dynamic.

People are starting to see that the 2-party system sucks balls. Time for a new dynamic.

But how are we going to change it? The parties have the power and the money and are not going to give it up. But yeah, both parties are terrible.

On that note - Election Day is today, so VOTE!

But how are we going to change it? The parties have the power and the money and are not going to give it up. But yeah, both parties are terrible.

On that note - Election Day is today, so VOTE!

That is the conundrum. Kind of like term limits or congressional raises. These have been topic of discussion and vast vote disapproval but they continue uninterrupted since it means congress would have to take one on the chin, which they have proven again and again they simply will not do. No matter how good it would be for the country in general and in the long view, no politician will vote against their own self-interest on anything meaningful or long-term. The vast majority of them focus on what gets them re-elected and what gets them what they want (money and power).

Bump to say...

The point of this thread is because conservatives seem to be talking in their echo chambers about what the mainstream media is reporting, without actually reading what the mainstream media is reporting from them. They are consuming the MSM through the filter of their echo chamber.

I think CNN is the McDonald's of news sources. They aren't great. They have some bias. But they are a professional news organization that follows the prevailing standards of modern journalism. They are not fake news. They are not hiding the truth from their viewers or readers (I don't watch CNN either on TV or through their web-based videos).

If you think they are I challenge you to read my posts in this thread. I challenge you to point out specific examples and allow me to provide links to news from CNN that address it.

In the meantime, if you want top-shelf news, tune into NPR news coverage.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/08/us/air-force-academy-racist-message-trnd/index.html

Racist graffiti at Air Force Academy was written by supposed victim

(CNN)In late September, after racist slurs were found on the message boards of five black cadet candidates at the Air Force Academy Preparatory School, the school's superintendent was angry.

Lt. Gen. Jay Silveria told cadets to line up and pull out their phones to remember his message, and he forcefully denounced racism and intolerance.

"If you're outraged by those words, then you're in the right place. That kind of behavior has no place at the Prep School," Silveria said.

The speech was posted on Air Force Academy's Facebook page and quickly went viral. The Air Force launched an internal investigation to find the culprit.

But on Tuesday, Air Force Academy officials said that one of the black cadet candidates actually wrote the racist messages.

"We can confirm that one of the cadet candidates who was allegedly targeted by racist remarks written outside their dorm room was actually responsible for the act," the Academy said in a written statement. "The individual admitted responsibility and this was validated by the investigation."

The vandalism was written in black marker and said "Go home" with the N-word, according to CNN affiliate KRDO.

Lt. Col. Allen Herritage, director of public affairs with the Academy, said that the cadet responsible admitted his guilt when confronted. The individual has "received administrative punishment" and is no longer at the preparatory school, Herritage said.
The four other students that were the target of the vandalism are still at the Prep School, which is on the same campus in Colorado Springs, Colorado, as the Air Force Academy. The Prep School helps ready about 240 cadets each year to enter the academy.

Bump to say...

The point of this thread is because conservatives seem to be talking in their echo chambers about what the mainstream media is reporting, without actually reading what the mainstream media is reporting from them. They are consuming the MSM through the filter of their echo chamber.

I think CNN is the McDonald's of news sources. They aren't great. They have some bias. But they are a professional news organization that follows the prevailing standards of modern journalism. They are not fake news. They are not hiding the truth from their viewers or readers (I don't watch CNN either on TV or through their web-based videos).

If you think they are I challenge you to read my posts in this thread. I challenge you to point out specific examples and allow me to provide links to news from CNN that address it.

In the meantime, if you want top-shelf news, tune into NPR news coverage.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/b...-coverage-93-percent-negative/article/2623641

I mean, Trump is a douche so I kinda don't care, but they definitely hate on Trump.

I have always listened a lot to CNN and NPR. I'm never a camp follower, whoever. I just recognize bias, and lots of times the bias is individual because the dumbass went to college and believed some stupid *** tenured liberal professor not on points of actual education but on wholesale bias. Then there's always the ***-lickers who see what their superiors and the organization owners really like and do their damned level best to meet their market.

IN either case, it's not "professional journalism" meeting objective, truthful standards of journalism. I might feel I need to give organizations and media retailers with a lot of audience a hard time on their truthfulness and standards, and I do think a lot is indeed "fake news" today. It's almost like were caught in this machine determined to run mind control propaganda on the public.

Well, I started out complaining about KSL in Salt Lake because they were supposed to be Church-owned and they were doing determined public indoctrination all the time. I had a friend who worked there and told me a lot of stuff before he just couldn't take it anymore, and quit.

So you can bet the New York media community isn't any better..... wait.... you'd use that example as reason to hope real professionals in the major markets might be better.

Not a chance. KSL just apes the bigs.

2 party system is awesome.

1 is for all powerful totalitarian government. medling in your healthcare, monopolizing self defense, taking your money and planning your retirement their way with a ponzi scheme. telling you when you can or cannot do a job by licensing. telling you to pay tax because you wanna eat sugar or smoke.

and the other is for small government, get the government out of here! government sucks! i know best how to take care of my healthcare, retirement and i want to make my own choices if i smoke or drink and free exchange of good and services without a license

so they have to reacgh compromise. but the problem is it seems like the 2 party system it always seems the big govenrment side wins out in the end, and the governemnt goes overboard and than the system destroys itself and a new small govenrment gets build. the reall pendelum swingnig. not the one switching from bush to obama to trump or whatever!

but the real one switching from govenrment with 10.000 laws and regulations,. and then the system colapss. and a new small government gets set up. and growth starts.

/end rant!

(or as people who disagree with me prefer "/end trolling")

edit: ofcourse the repubs are not for small government anymore. they are for the big military industrial complex! and romney care etc. both parties seem corrupted!

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/b...-coverage-93-percent-negative/article/2623641

I mean, Trump is a douche so I kinda don't care, but they definitely hate on Trump.

Sure, but there is so much negative stuff about him. He creates his own drama, and the news organizations are obligated to report it. Sometimes I wish they would ignore all his stupid stuff because maybe he'd quit saying stupid stuff if no one reported it. The more likely scenario is that he would say even more outrageous stuff because I imagine his worst nightmare is to be ignored.

Sure, but there is so much negative stuff about him. He creates his own drama, and the news organizations are obligated to report it. Sometimes I wish they would ignore all his stupid stuff because maybe he'd quit saying stupid stuff if no one reported it. The more likely scenario is that he would say even more outrageous stuff because I imagine his worst nightmare is to be ignored.

He does create a lot of it, absolutely and deserves most of it. However, CNN seems to create a lot of negative press around things that aren't really news worthy - see the fish feeding story from Japan yesterday for example. To me, they feed the divide and sensationalize half of America. It's like they want the pilot to crash the plane we're all riding on.