What's new

Kane Fitzgerald

nateboz

Kane Fitzgerald is on duty tonight. Is he going to call tonight fair?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

He's just bad and has had some dust ups with Quin. It could go either way... I could absolutely see him ejecting someone quickly or making calls that have a big affect on the game. I don't think he hates us... just think he's not great at his job.

Kinda wonder about the conspiracy theorists today though. Between Fitz and Russel Westbrook not being suspended makes a compelling statement.

Well... Not saying the refs fixed it. They really did take Gobert and Favors out of their games. That just might be fixing it though.

Ehh, I should have known. It felt like in the 1st quarter the Thunder got the favorable whistle, then the refs autocorrected and gave the Jazz some calls in the 2nd quarter. Then they hit Gobert with the spirit bomb with that 4th foul.

I dont blame the refs though. That shouldnt happen when you get a 25 point lead.

Except that lead was built on closing down the paint. When the bigs got into foul trouble that was taken away and OKC got wherever they wanted.

It was Kane that called the phantom foul for Gobert's fourth. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Jazz shouldn't have lost that lead, but the most important play in the entire game was a phantom call on Gobert. At least with some of the calls on Westbrook and Adams that got them into trouble there was actually contact.

David Locke seems to agree, sounds like he thinks Fitzgerald and his cool 4th foul on Gobert wasn't.. correct. That's the type of call that should get an official fired. Unfortunately it just means he'll get more Jazz important games.

David Locke seems to agree, sounds like he thinks Fitzgerald and his cool 4th foul on Gobert wasn't.. correct. That's the type of call that should get an official fired. Unfortunately it just means he'll get more Jazz important games.

Other angles suggest Rudy got him on the gather, on the elbow. Rudy himself said he was at fault for some lazy fouls earlier in the game.

The absolute worst calls of the whole night were the 2 on Favors when he went straight up and down and Westbrook and whoever else crashed into him. These kinds of call fuel conspiracies because it is so blatantly obvious, or they need to change the rule that there must be a flop involved to get a no-call or an offensive call, because apparently they are intent on not following this rule. Even the OKC announcers wondered why they called those fouls.

The next worse was Rudy's foul on Melo when from multiple camera angles it shows he did not touch him.