What's new

Kane Fitzgerald

# 1 rule to remember to keep your sanity when discussing nba referees. ...the NBA is an entertainment corporation not pure competition.

I could see the call being made. Rudy was reaching and the ref anticipated contact of which there was none. He blew the whistle early.

https://on.nba.com/2HuGYMN

Here Kane is again baseline, and watches as Donovan is similarly bumped on the arm on the way up, while also being pushed in chest. No whistle.

Crowder is tempted by the loose ball, forgets the game plan and Push-off Paul dunks it on the other end. At this point I thought the game was over.

The absolute worst calls of the whole night were the 2 on Favors when he went straight up and down and Westbrook and whoever else crashed into him. These kinds of call fuel conspiracies because it is so blatantly obvious, or they need to change the rule that there must be a flop involved to get a no-call or an offensive call, because apparently they are intent on not following this rule. Even the OKC announcers wondered why they called those fouls.

The next worse was Rudy's foul on Melo when from multiple camera angles it shows he did not touch him.

The Favs foul was truly awful he did everything he was supposed to... if they want to call it that way cool but there were several drives we didn’t get the same treatment. Specifically Jae turned the corner and the guy made contact from the free throw line to the hoop putting Jae on his back... no call and a fast break the other way.

The Rudy foul was down low and the ref called it because of melo doing the scream like he was murdered... late call but I think that’s what he saw... it was really uneven and as Cy suggested they kept going back and forth.

There is also no way Adams can walk out of a playoff game with one foul. He literally grabs holds and pushes on every play.

The call that I just lost it on was Adams pushes Rudy in the back so he can’t get a rebound and the ball falls to Westbrook... Ricky goes high to get it and dislodges the ball... then gets called. The uneven officiating was encapsulated on that one play.

https://on.nba.com/2HAeVvC

One more. Late in the game they ran high pick and roll with Adams alot. Adams hooks and holds the guy he is screening almost every time. Earlier Kane called a foul on Donovan for trying to get unhooked from Adams. But in this clip, Adams hooks mitchell, who half-way frees himself, but then Adams continuing the hold slides his rather large rear end into Mitchell for two or three steps trying to free up Westbrook. Kane as the outside, top official watches on.

https://on.nba.com/2Hw7ghC Watch it here.

Kane is baseline, opposite side, somewhat behind Rudy and calls it very late. Tom Washington with the best angle and also unobstructed view did not call it.

Possibly my biggest pet peeve is the official making a call when a guy is in better position or could not have possibly seen the call from where they were. Kane reacted to Carmelo's scream.

I once got a tech in rec league because I told the ref there was no way he could see what happened from where he was... I was right. He insisted that he could see it... I told him unless he had x-ray vision he was guessing... he didn't care for that comment... especially when everyone laughed.

Surely the NBA grades these guys. Maybe all they are asking for is form them to be consistent and don't go "No autosopy no foul" one play and call a foul on the next because you blinked your eyes as the guy was dribbling.

Surely the NBA grades these guys. Maybe all they are asking for is form them to be consistent and don't go "No autosopy no foul" one play and call a foul on the next because you blinked your eyes as the guy was dribbling.

They do... why you think they sent Kane last night? Mo games Mo money!

DM will reclaim the churro and we will win and all will be well.

That foul on Rudy was some next-level ******** but even more so was when Chesapeake arena lowered the MTV Rock-and-Jock B-Ball Jam 25-point hoop in the third quarter.

Oh wait.

Surely the NBA grades these guys.

Its not just the NBA. The ref's stats and the video replays are available to anyone. You can find ref analytics on the web fairly easily, surely the wagering community has access to the same data and probably better.

The NBA is like a producer of live action reality TV, with billion dollar contracts on the line. Its Survivor on steroids, the league or disney doesn't control the outcome, but they can nudge things this way or that to create more drama, because more drama is good for ratings.

Its not just the NBA. The ref's stats and the video replays are available to anyone. You can find ref analytics on the web fairly easily, surely the wagering community has access to the same data and probably better.

The NBA is like a producer of live action reality TV, with billion dollar contracts on the line. Its Survivor on steroids, the league or disney doesn't control the outcome, but they can nudge things this way or that to create more drama, because more drama is good for ratings.

You mean like exactly how Tim D. explained it? I don't think it is an accident that Kane was on the game last night.. Ed either... I also don't think it is an accident Tony Brothers is on the Celtics game tonight. They have lost the last 6 playoff games he's officiated. Its the playoffs... only the best of the best should be working.

You mean like exactly how Tim D. explained it? I don't think it is an accident that Kane was on the game last night.. Ed either... I also don't think it is an accident Tony Brothers is on the Celtics game tonight. They have lost the last 6 playoff games he's officiated. Its the playoffs... only the best of the best should be working.

You called it...Celtics lost.