What's new

Kanter 30 Pts and 16 Rebs... And Now the Rest of the Story...

Right, so +/- is only a useful stat when it supports your point, I suppose. LOL, whatever Jazz fans. You want to make yourselves feel better about losing a 22 year-old who never played college ball, is averaging 20/10, and will likely get better defensively over time, go for it. I hope that helps diminish the sting from season after season of players leaving and rebuilding.

Teams that have lost Boozer and Jefferson have not had trouble moving on from them. I expect this to be the case for Kanter his entire career.

During the last game (or as it one before that?) Nick Collison gave Kanter a crash session on PNR defense during a time out.

Lol. And? Do you not think Kanter has had an endless list of people give him info about PNR defense in his 4 years in the NBA?

Lol. And? Do you not think Kanter has had an endless list of people give him info about PNR defense in his 4 years in the NBA?

I would bet money on Snyder running him thru that over and over and over again.

The Kanter trade was over 6 weeks ago. For those of you that are still posting things due to his performance, and he said, she said, should do so in the NBA general discussion thread. For those of you that are pissed off over the trade and continue to piss and moan about it- build a bridge and GET OVER IT. If Kanter's development is the only thing that you can think of to post over and over and over and over and over again.... Go make macaroni necklaces in the toddler center of your local library. *Dates and times may vary*

Kanter's man defense and post defense is not horrible. He might even be average there. The biggest problem with him is when he has to defend in space, defend the PnR, rotate, etc. pretty much every time he has to think and react to something that's happening around him, every time(not literally, but very often) he has to read a situation and make a quick decision, he gets lost... This is a problem with BBIQ and it's generally really hard to correct...

And this is what is hard in today's NBA : defense for a center is a high IQ job, it is about reading the offense, calling the PnRs and switches, knowing when and how to hedge, and being there as well to alter shots at the rim when the offense manages to penetrate the defense. Lots of reading and movement. Offense is comparatively simple, find the spot to get the ball and then try to put it in, + go for O rebounds. No need to think much, it can all be very instinctive. Even some passing on offense from the big man can be very instinctive too, with repetitions of schemes.

The Kanter trade was over 6 weeks ago. For those of you that are still posting things due to his performance, and he said, she said, should do so in the NBA general discussion thread. For those of you that are pissed off over the trade and continue to piss and moan about it- build a bridge and GET OVER IT. If Kanter's development is the only thing that you can think of to post over and over and over and over and over again.... Go make macaroni necklaces in the toddler center of your local library. *Dates and times may vary*

I don't see moderator by your name, so the group may continue discuss Kanter as often and for whatever duration they are so inclined. The fact of the matter is that many of us are coming to grips with the fact that we wasted the #3 pick in the 2011 draft. After seeing what the team has done without him, I couldn't care less that he's gone. But it sucks to deal with the fact that we had such a high pick and wasted it on Kanter. Not that busts are unusual in the league, but it still sucks when it happens to you.

BTW, if you see Kanter in the subject, feel free to ignore it.

I don't see moderator by your name, so the group may continue discuss Kanter as often and for whatever duration they are so inclined. The fact of the matter is that many of us are coming to grips with the fact that we wasted the #3 pick in the 2011 draft. After seeing what the team has done without him, I couldn't care less that he's gone. But it sucks to deal with the fact that we had such a high pick and wasted it on Kanter. Not that busts are unusual in the league, but it still sucks when it happens to you.

Kanter did not bust. Had Utah been able to get him signed to a multi-year deal, he would have been a valuable trade chip. Utah was the victim of a player with a ****ty attitude. It happens. Time to move on, and for those who want to dwell on it for the next several years, that is what the neg button is for.

CCBj7jsWMAARet_.jpg

Who will watch ??? :D

So you will talk about Kanter perpetually? I think it is best to put you on ignore before they ban me. They will.

Kanter talk will die down after this season. Then resurface in game threads as we play whatever team he is on.

Watching him tonight I remember how amazingly awful he is on help defense. Man to man he is not all that bad, but as far as understanding help defense he is at a Jr. Jazz level. He is never in the right spot until it's too late, that's if he even gets there. When he should be playing off his man, he's cant do it because he will lose him in a flash of a second. As I said this is Jr. Jazz stuff and he doesn't grasp any of it, something as simple as keeping your eyes on the ball, and eyes on your man seems like rocket science to him.

Kanter. Duncan. Which future HOFer will put their team on their backs and lead them to victory? Find out tonight on TNT. We know drama.