What's new

Kanter's Injury is NOT More Serious Than It Has Been Declared! And He Might Be in the FIBA WC 2014!

he isn't ****ed by fener but indeed he ****ed fener up. They had some expectations on kanter, and they wanted to play him a few years and mature him up before going to nba but Enes just preferred a year without professional basketball in usa rather than playing in turkish league and euroleague. That was stupid in my opinion and ever since kanter acted like he is more of an american college ball player more than a turkish player, he started messing up his national team career and get some negative feelings from turkish fans which they have point. I mean, say if a guy grew out of Salt lake city and went to Chinese league pretending he is more chinese than he is from slc, wouldnt it drive slc folk and fans nuts?

Of course nba is a bigger arena and thats the reason we support him so much because if he will individually succeed it would be a good presentation of the nation as well. But turkish fans already are very patient with Kanter more than he deserved after his attittude with national team in last couple years.

I think that this kid took too much responsibility on his shoulders at a young age than he was supposed to take. He had too much attention around him and he thought he is already a superstar, combine that with misleading agent named Max ergul and that led him get confused. Then he performed much less than expected in last years. He has much bigger potential indeed, just he didnt have a good personal management by people around him which led things come up this far.

Only good thing right now for Utah jazz is, he has some potential and he really wanna succeed, thats why i believe he will work hard. But first he should play good in world tournament and get his confidence which will lead him to a successful year and even consequtive years of success. And bad thing is he set his personal fundamentals on a pretty weak basis which is why he thinks playing for Turkey will affect his performance for upcoming season badly in utah jazz. This is like a paradox. Because i believe if he will succeed for national team, his success will follow up in utah jazz. Someone should tell this to the kid and stop brainwashing him for the reverse idea.

You are either very naive to what actually happened once Enes got to Kentucky (with regard to Fenerbahce feeding bogus info to the New York Times, etc..) or simply choose to believe in a fairy tale world. For the life of me I cannot figure out what was Enes' fault for wanting to play college ball. Was that a bad decision (at the time he made it)? Who knows? But to say he is 'to blame' is absurd... even if it was a poor decision for his bb career.

You know one of the biggest flaws of Enes' game comes from his lack of experience in europe. See the most successful international, nowitzki, parker, ginobili blabla they all had enough international experience and then they went to nba and implemented their game pretty well. Enes ****ing jumped to american playstyle without getting to know european style one bit. He got weak fundamentals and you cant create your own game without having a good fundamentals in your own place first. He doesnt have athleticism to play american way basketball but he forced himself to play like that which was a mistake. i think he just got carried away with all the flashy show business aspect of basketball and nba and he stumbled. Thats why the worthless experience you think is a lot of worth if he took that experience enough.

I mean i dont care if he plays for national team or not but first he must be clear on he wants to play or not. People are kinda bored of this drama, hearing one thing from agents, different from doctors, and very different from enes himself. he just should have the guts to be straightforward about this issue first. And then next thing he would help his nation more with succeeding in utah jazz than succeeding in national team because NBA is the real arena and Nowitzki is Nowitzki not because he took Germany to 5 consequtive international championships but he had such a successful careeer in nba. But as i mentioned in earlier post, his success on nba relies on his success in national team right now. He lacks the fundamentals he was supposed to get in europe and now he must compensate it with passing more time with national team. After maturing up himself and his game in national team it will translate very good to nba. I just believe that he isnt even aware of this fact. Thats the only problem

Fine. Maybe that's all correct.. but why the hate? The ONLY thing I've seen written by the butt-hurts is that he should just plainly state whether he desires to play for the Turkish National team. I agree on that, but like nothing else.

As a die-hard Fener fan, I'd say the both sides had wrongs, it was 50-50. Fener's basketball branch has psychopaths running the management and their philosophy was "Ya benimsin ya kara toprağın!", "You are either my player or no one else's". They might claim that they did the legal thing but I know that the legality is one of the last things they care about generally. But they were very eager about it when it came to Enes. They did their best to spoil his NCAA career.

For me the guilty parties are, equally or close:

Fenerbahçe
Enes Kanter
His agent
His family
The stupid NCAA and their rules

And the victims are:

Enes Kanter
Kentucky
Fenerbahçe
Fans
Utah Jazz
The Turkish NT

That's a great post.

^That was a good post.

he isn't ****ed by fener but indeed he ****ed fener up. They had some expectations on kanter, and they wanted to play him a few years and mature him up before going to nba but Enes just preferred a year without professional basketball in usa rather than playing in turkish league and euroleague. That was stupid in my opinion and ever since kanter acted like he is more of an american college ball player more than a turkish player, he started messing up his national team career and get some negative feelings from turkish fans which they have point. I mean, say if a guy grew out of Salt lake city and went to Chinese league pretending he is more chinese than he is from slc, wouldnt it drive slc folk and fans nuts?

Of course nba is a bigger arena and thats the reason we support him so much because if he will individually succeed it would be a good presentation of the nation as well. But turkish fans already are very patient with Kanter more than he deserved after his attittude with national team in last couple years.

I think that this kid took too much responsibility on his shoulders at a young age than he was supposed to take. He had too much attention around him and he thought he is already a superstar, combine that with misleading agent named Max ergul and that led him get confused. Then he performed much less than expected in last years. He has much bigger potential indeed, just he didnt have a good personal management by people around him which led things come up this far.

Only good thing right now for Utah jazz is, he has some potential and he really wanna succeed, thats why i believe he will work hard. But first he should play good in world tournament and get his confidence which will lead him to a successful year and even consequtive years of success. And bad thing is he set his personal fundamentals on a pretty weak basis which is why he thinks playing for Turkey will affect his performance for upcoming season badly in utah jazz. This is like a paradox. Because i believe if he will succeed for national team, his success will follow up in utah jazz. Someone should tell this to the kid and stop brainwashing him for the reverse idea.
B.S.
that is what you have written here, bro.
Fenerbahce surely gave a major screwing to Kanter, however they did not give the same treatment to Dogus Balbay, who was also a very promising player in his own right!

Just adding up to last post, you dont become Dai Sifu in 1 day. Say you start wing chun from scratch and you learn something new everyday and step by step you become a better martial artist each day. Then you can start karate and make the same progress everyday and you become even a greater karate guy with s help of your wing chun fundamentals. Enes born with wing chun skills but he didnt train himself enough then skipped it and started Karate. Now hetumbles because he doesnt have good wing chun fundamentals. And he doesnt know where the fault is, i am afraid he will just skip all these and jump to wrestling one day. Kid has so much potential but he doesnt have a good sensei like Misagi-san to guide him the way
BS post No. 2 bro.
Wing Chun would actually be detrimental to future karate development for they have different notions of power generation and footwork and fighting tactics.
Plus, Kanter keeps on doing the same sports, he is a wrestle all the way.
He just changed venues but Fenerbahce sold the kid out for a certain N.K. could not cope with the idea that Kanter wanted to play for Kentucky.
Wake up bros and sis!
as a bball venue Kentucky >>> Fenerbahce Ulker Arena
(yeah rednecks too)

Last edited:
B.S.
Fenerbahce surely gave a major screwing to Kanter, however they did not give the same treatment to Dogus Balbay, who was also a very promising player in his own right!

BS post No. 2 bro.
Wing Chun would actually be detrimental to future karate development for they have different notions of power generation and footwork and fighting tactics.
He just changed venues but Fenerbahce sold the kid out for a certain N.K. could not cope with the idea that Kanter wanted to play for Kentucky.
Wake up bros and sis!
(yeah rednecks too)

As a parent, I'd prefer my boy to play for Kentucky instead of FB.

Wake up bros and sis!
(yeah rednecks too)
I would actually prefer Enes playing with Fenerbahçe in Euroleague. But they should have respected Kanter's wishes anyhow.

And you are absolutely right about the rest.

Turkish posters: is the chance of Kanter playing 0%? Or is his statement more of an explanation behind the series f events, saying he actually is injured, and he's in the recovery stage right now?

I mean FIBA starts in like September, so it's still ways away.

Just saw your question. Yeah it's almost zero chance. Apart from his statements(I'm lost in all the drama), if he can't join to the camp within the next week or so, it will be just too late. He will have very little time(first game is on 30th August) to catch up with the team's condition and to work with the team and the coach. His fellows have already started to work like ten days ago and they are now in Bormio Camp, which is a very heavy conditioning camp, charging up their strength and condition.

And from the medical hints Enes giving about his health, he might not be in game shape any time soon so yeah, it's very unlikely to me.

You are either very naive to what actually happened once Enes got to Kentucky (with regard to Fenerbahce feeding bogus info to the New York Times, etc..) or simply choose to believe in a fairy tale world. For the life of me I cannot figure out what was Enes' fault for wanting to play college ball. Was that a bad decision (at the time he made it)? Who knows? But to say he is 'to blame' is absurd... even if it was a poor decision for his bb career.

Fine. Maybe that's all correct.. but why the hate? The ONLY thing I've seen written by the butt-hurts is that he should just plainly state whether he desires to play for the Turkish National team. I agree on that, but like nothing else.

^That was a good post.

It was 99% percent he wasnt gonna play in college because he already played in professional league (turkish basketball league and euroleague) and it was a stupid idea to pursue 1% chance to play in college instead of gaining more experience in europe at least 2-3 years. That show how badly his professional decisions has been made, and thats pretty much not fault of a 18 yrs old kid but his agents and family

I am not butthurt and i dont hate at all as i said, if he is to represent Turkey , NBA is a much better arena than international tournaments itself and i gave Nowitzki example. Only thing i am pissed is since he started playing in nba he couldnt perform anything close to his ideal performance should be. I was hoping he could do much better and i know he has the potential for that but if jazz fans arent sold with the idea that ENes is going to be our franchise player yet, guess what it is not my fault but the people around him and poor decisions given by them (including his strategy about national team)

I think what some of you folks cant see is, Enes isnt a proven player yet, not Parker, not Gasol, not Nowitzki, so it isnt up to patriotic motivations whether he should be on national team or not but it is a chance to prove himself.

Reactions: MVP
B.S.

BS post No. 2 bro.
Wake up bros and sis!
(yeah rednecks too)

If i were a basketball player myself, i would go out and spend a year in Malaysia actually playing a year instead of just training in a fancy basketball stadium. I think that was an immature decision. What fenerbahce did wrong was not to let it go but trying to give Enes a pain in the ***. That was unnecessary, but still it doesnt justify the poor decision given by Enes. I was excited at the time he is going to nba as young as possible but now i think he would perform much better if he went to nba after a couple years europe experience.

I think thats what he was carried away with, he thought flashy stadiums and show business is the bigger deal than basketball itself, he was too excited to play in nba that he even forgot he should have good fundamentals to play smart basketball, because thats your biggest strength as an international player, playing smart, pass the ball, footwork in paint and else... But he thought he could do much better trying to jump and bounce around like athletic afro american players, if you arent Dwight howard, you can't dunk over 5 players. He should realize he has his own unique talent and create his own style, not try to play like blake griffin. Right now Enes is playing with his pure talent, he could have done much much better if he had a better europe experience. Good examples are; Mehmet okur, hedo , omer asik and ilyasova.

I still have faith in enes and i know he will do much better than his current performance but he should be sincere and straigthforward first and quit this national team drama. It is really annoying not for national team fans but also basketball fans. I hate this as much as i hate when spanish players throw themselves on the floor to get the fake foul call.

(At least I didn't get negged, I was FULLY expecting at least two of them)

PS - anyone that negs me now after this post will be slowly killed.

I've been away for a couple of days. Sorry to not see your post before today.

Seriously, I agree with you. The rest of the world takes these championships seriously, but the US doesn't really care. To us, it IS exhibition basketball. Sure, we might be disappointed if the US team performs poorly (i.e. doesn't win). But in the end, basketball to us is about the NBA season. And if Enes is still recovering from a procedure/surgery, he shouldn't do anything that would run the risk of damage until the knee is 100%. He's playing for a mega-contract. Sorry, Turkish fans, but $40M+ is a LOT more important than national pride, especially to a nation that has and continues to rip on him for every perceived slight.

I've been away for a couple of days. Sorry to not see your post before today.

Seriously, I agree with you. The rest of the world takes these championships seriously, but the US doesn't really care. To us, it IS exhibition basketball. Sure, we might be disappointed if the US team performs poorly (i.e. doesn't win). But in the end, basketball to us is about the NBA season. And if Enes is still recovering from a procedure/surgery, he shouldn't do anything that would run the risk of damage until the knee is 100%. He's playing for a mega-contract. Sorry, Turkish fans, but $40M+ is a LOT more important than national pride, especially to a nation that has and continues to rip on him for every perceived slight.
Yup

Turkish posters: is the chance of Kanter playing 0%? Or is his statement more of an explanation behind the series f events, saying he actually is injured, and he's in the recovery stage right now?

I mean FIBA starts in like September, so it's still ways away.

it is not zero chance. it is just unknown chance. i just read on some news site turkish coach declared that ' enes had a pretty good year in nba. Of course his preference would strengthen our team, And if he is content to play and serve his nation and if ready and healthy he will play.'

So i believe even if he is like 60-70% recovered he will be in the roster. i dont see any chance he wont be included unless he really doesnt want to or he is really in bad shape

i dont see any chance he wont be included unless he really doesnt want to or he is really in bad shape

I dont think he really wants to

This loyalty to your country by playing basketball is exhausting and stupid.

Really!! Hard for me to believe that PKM wrote those words. What you are saying is that all the players trying out for the USA team are stupid for having loyalty to their NT? That it is too exhausting? This dismissal of all other basketball activities other than the NBA and the NCAA as useless dumb and stupid really paints a picture of Americans that i don't want to be identified with. If international basketball is so bad then why does it take all of our best players to win tournaments made up of international teams? Even then its not a sure thing. Why did you make this comment PKM?

Reactions: MVP
Really!! Hard for me to believe that PKM wrote those words. What you are saying is that all the players trying out for the USA team are stupid for having loyalty to their NT? That it is too exhausting? This dismissal of all other basketball activities other than the NBA and the NCAA as useless dumb and stupid really paints a picture of Americans that i don't want to be identified with. If international basketball is so bad then why does it take all of our best players to win tournaments made up of international teams? Even then its not a sure thing. Why did you make this comment PKM?

Calm the **** down.....bitch

Last edited:
This post is exhausting.

We Americans don't write players off and want them dead for deciding not to play for team USA. See the difference (albeit blurred by good vision passed)?

This post is exhausting.

We Americans don't write players off and want them dead for deciding not to play for team USA. See the difference (albeit blurred by good vision passed)?
But we Turks do. Die Enes, die!

Did I jump into your trolling again?

This post is exhausting.

It is because your guys dont call the best players to intl tournaments anyway. Remember when usa couldnt win vs Greece with the kobe, lebron.. squad, they were butchered by media and next tournament was named as Road to redemption.

But you would overreact if international competition is a higher level than your local league and same situation happened in such case. Plus wanting any player dead is sick and probably overexaggaration so noone wants that. Just too much drama must be cut short and we should just watch and focus on clean basketball, otherwise i would go and watch soap opera on tv not basketball.