What's new

Kanter's Injury is NOT More Serious Than It Has Been Declared! And He Might Be in the FIBA WC 2014!

Kanter's lack of bbiq worries me more than every other flaw of his game. More than his defense, more than his athleticism. We saw how the Spurs buzz-sawed through the Heat with their passing. While Diaw was leading both teams in assists, our starting 5 in Kanter still kinda freaks out every time he touches the ball.

His passing makes Jefferson look like Sabonis. For this reason, I want him to have NT experience. Having an opportunity to play against top competition, and be the focal point of a teams offense is a pretty darn good opportunity for him to build confidence. I cannot think of a better way for him to train this September.

No one is saying Enes should compromise his health and/or recovery to play for Turkey-- however, if he actually is using injuries dishonestly as an excuse to avoid international play, then I think it's both embarrassing for him and I think it will hold his progress as a player even more.

Kanter's lack of bbiq worries me more than every other flaw of his game. More than his defense, more than his athleticism. We saw how the Spurs buzz-sawed through the Heat with their passing. While Diaw was leading both teams in assists, our starting 5 in Kanter still kinda freaks out every time he touches the ball.

His passing makes Jefferson look like Sabonis. For this reason, I want him to have NT experience. Having an opportunity to play against top competition, and be the focal point of a teams offense is a pretty darn good opportunity for him to build confidence. I cannot think of a better way for him to train this September.

No one is saying Enes should compromise his health and/or recovery to play for Turkey-- however, if he actually is using injuries dishonestly as an excuse to avoid international play, then I think it's both embarrassing for him and I think it will hold his progress as a player even more.

This.

Kanter still has a poor feel for the game. Sometimes it's very poor. The only way to really address that is TO PLAY THE GAME.

Seems to me that Turkish fans are being very unreasonable and overly sensitive.

I get it. These games are very important to the country and the fans. But what about the players well being and professional careers? Kanter had surgery, it's not like he just not playing because he doesn't want to.
It's not that he won't play for the team. That's what you don't get. Ersan also has declared that he can't play but no one had a problem with it. Because the guy is open and clear.

It all began with Kanter ditching the team at the very last moment. He had declared to come before, then he didn't even answer the phones! The team had to call a veteran player from his vacation with his family. If an American player did the same, it would also be a scandalous incident in the US.

I know that would justify your irrational, egotistical discontent with Kanter, but in reality its a player, with millions of $$$ on the line this year, playing it safe, just like EVERY player would do, not just Enes.
Tell that Nowitzki and Parker and many.

1. Last tournament he was practically frozen out of games by the guards and their chucking. We were saying the same thing last time, "Oh, it will be great experience!". Well, it was a totally ****ing worthless experience and, if anything, put his body through more wear and tear.

2. His coach is a joke. The turkish fans are obsessing about his sex life.
How many times should we say? It's not the same coach and the same team.

3. His country only has his back if he plays. Such support!
I agree on this one. But Enes should have known. He knows how the things work in Turkey.

4. The Jazz are actually paying the kid to play, and as a Jazz fan, I want that investment protected as much as possible. If he's capable of what the Turkish fans think he is healthy, he'll bring more pride to country by succeeding at the highest level, the NBA not FIBA.

I know the Turks will come back saying I don't understand, and that may be the case. Well guess what? YOU don't understand our perspective either apparently.
I bet most of Turkish NBA fans clearly know and understand the American perspective. Because, most of us actually know a few things about the NBA. American fans on the other hand indeed have no ****ing idea about our way. Most of you guys still can't even distinguish the NT basketball and the European leagues.

Most of this drama has been drummed up by Turkey, not Enes. Their obsession with his condition post surgery, bad reporting, the Turkish NT dropping the ball and not even able to get a solid medical report (WTF, is this amateur hour?), and all the speculation by media and fans, the list goes on and on. Turkey should be embarrassed because of their behavior, not Enes'.
Lol, there are certainly intrigues. Enes is declaring that he wants to play. He did maybe hundred times. But his agent and family deliberately misinformed the NT authorities. What kind of professional approach is Kanter's side taking?

Plus Kanter had his second big stupid incident when he tweeted "ha ha ha" when his NT lost a game. Can you tell me that there wouldn't be any repercussions in the US media if a US player did the same for the US NT?

However, I'm still supporting Enes and I would still try to win him. And I criticized the Turkish side many times because they took a lose-lose approach towards Kanter. But, no doubt here, Kanter definitely had it coming. He is a drama queen.

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];881039 said:
This.

Kanter still has a poor feel for the game. Sometimes it's very poor. The only way to really address that is TO PLAY THE GAME.

Coached.

one correction and a few observations:
1. Re: Kanter's agent Max Ergul. I mean, who the **** is Max Ergul, Mr. Kanter, Sr.?
Really? Pls, go find a real agent for your son, ASAP. thank you. As regards this shady agent I must say tho, THAT he was not the reason Kanter lost two important years of playing time. It was the mighty Istanbul club that caused Kanter's loss of NCAA eligibility by equivocal "papers" that alarmed already over-sensitive NCAA officials.

observations:
Out of this stormy diva-drama I deduce,
a) Kanter does not want to play for NT, which is not nice but still OK.
b) His injury is not a grave one, thank God.
c) PKM trolled some of you real hard.
d) We can legitimately expect a fitter Enes, unless he plays for the NT.

one correction and a few observations:
1. Re: Kanter's agent Max Ergul. I mean, who the **** is Max Ergul, Mr. Kanter, Sr.?
Really? Pls, go find a real agent for your son, ASAP. thank you. As regards this shady agent I must say tho, THAT he was not the reason Kanter lost two important years of playing time. It was the mighty Istanbul club that caused Kanter's loss of NCAA eligibility by equivocal "papers" that alarmed already over-sensitive NCAA officials.

Dirty BJK fan!

Do you know the coach? He may be well decorated, but from what I've seen in terms of his scheme's with Enes, there's a lot to be desired. Just my opinion. Plus, I wouldn't plug Deron Williams as a judge of coaches considering his checkered past with coaches.

I don't know what a national team is? Ok. What? I realize the Turkish team is important to you and the country, and it's not as big a deal here. But that's no excuse to act like a bunch children who's parents won't let them have ice cream.

I'm more concerned about Enes' health at this point. Talk of chronic knee problems really worries me.

I know him well, yes. He never coached Enes before though. As for Deron, OK, let's forget about his personal judgement. Think about how productive and consistent he was. Coach Ataman got the best out of Deron. Once I watched him defend a lousy SG from a lousy team with my own eyes in the arena. Deron played A+ defense all game. If that's not a good coach, then what is?

I'll be honest, I don't remember the last time I watched a NT game. But these games are too important for my fellow countrymen. Should they be? I doubt that. But it's the reality. It's huge. And Kanter's making promises, people are counting on him, then he always looks for a way to run away. Sometimes he won't answer phones like lil girls. If you don't want to play, just say it, man. I am not sure he does not, and that's the thing that disturbs me. It's probably his terrible agent making decisions for him, damaging his reputation and credibility along the way.

I know he doesn't want to. I will not engage in rehashing all of this, but he 100% feels he was ****ed by fener.

he isn't ****ed by fener but indeed he ****ed fener up. They had some expectations on kanter, and they wanted to play him a few years and mature him up before going to nba but Enes just preferred a year without professional basketball in usa rather than playing in turkish league and euroleague. That was stupid in my opinion and ever since kanter acted like he is more of an american college ball player more than a turkish player, he started messing up his national team career and get some negative feelings from turkish fans which they have point. I mean, say if a guy grew out of Salt lake city and went to Chinese league pretending he is more chinese than he is from slc, wouldnt it drive slc folk and fans nuts?

Of course nba is a bigger arena and thats the reason we support him so much because if he will individually succeed it would be a good presentation of the nation as well. But turkish fans already are very patient with Kanter more than he deserved after his attittude with national team in last couple years.

I think that this kid took too much responsibility on his shoulders at a young age than he was supposed to take. He had too much attention around him and he thought he is already a superstar, combine that with misleading agent named Max ergul and that led him get confused. Then he performed much less than expected in last years. He has much bigger potential indeed, just he didnt have a good personal management by people around him which led things come up this far.

Only good thing right now for Utah jazz is, he has some potential and he really wanna succeed, thats why i believe he will work hard. But first he should play good in world tournament and get his confidence which will lead him to a successful year and even consequtive years of success. And bad thing is he set his personal fundamentals on a pretty weak basis which is why he thinks playing for Turkey will affect his performance for upcoming season badly in utah jazz. This is like a paradox. Because i believe if he will succeed for national team, his success will follow up in utah jazz. Someone should tell this to the kid and stop brainwashing him for the reverse idea.

Seems to me that Turkish fans are being very unreasonable and overly sensitive.

I get it. These games are very important to the country and the fans. But what about the players well being and professional careers? Kanter had surgery, it's not like he just not playing because he doesn't want to. I know that would justify your irrational, egotistical discontent with Kanter, but in reality its a player, with millions of $$$ on the line this year, playing it safe, just like EVERY player would do, not just Enes.

It could give you some great reason why I wouldn't play if I were him:

1. Last tournament he was practically frozen out of games by the guards and their chucking. We were saying the same thing last time, "Oh, it will be great experience!". Well, it was a totally ****ing worthless experience and, if anything, put his body through more wear and tear.

2. His coach is a joke. The turkish fans are obsessing about his sex life.

3. His country only has his back if he plays. Such support!

4. The Jazz are actually paying the kid to play, and as a Jazz fan, I want that investment protected as much as possible. If he's capable of what the Turkish fans think he is healthy, he'll bring more pride to country by succeeding at the highest level, the NBA not FIBA.

I know the Turks will come back saying I don't understand, and that may be the case. Well guess what? YOU don't understand our perspective either apparently.

Most of this drama has been drummed up by Turkey, not Enes. Their obsession with his condition post surgery, bad reporting, the Turkish NT dropping the ball and not even able to get a solid medical report (WTF, is this amateur hour?), and all the speculation by media and fans, the list goes on and on. Turkey should be embarrassed because of their behavior, not Enes'.

You know one of the biggest flaws of Enes' game comes from his lack of experience in europe. See the most successful international, nowitzki, parker, ginobili blabla they all had enough international experience and then they went to nba and implemented their game pretty well. Enes ****ing jumped to american playstyle without getting to know european style one bit. He got weak fundamentals and you cant create your own game without having a good fundamentals in your own place first. He doesnt have athleticism to play american way basketball but he forced himself to play like that which was a mistake. i think he just got carried away with all the flashy show business aspect of basketball and nba and he stumbled. Thats why the worthless experience you think is a lot of worth if he took that experience enough.

I mean i dont care if he plays for national team or not but first he must be clear on he wants to play or not. People are kinda bored of this drama, hearing one thing from agents, different from doctors, and very different from enes himself. he just should have the guts to be straightforward about this issue first. And then next thing he would help his nation more with succeeding in utah jazz than succeeding in national team because NBA is the real arena and Nowitzki is Nowitzki not because he took Germany to 5 consequtive international championships but he had such a successful careeer in nba. But as i mentioned in earlier post, his success on nba relies on his success in national team right now. He lacks the fundamentals he was supposed to get in europe and now he must compensate it with passing more time with national team. After maturing up himself and his game in national team it will translate very good to nba. I just believe that he isnt even aware of this fact. Thats the only problem

Reactions: ema
Just adding up to last post, you dont become Dai Sifu in 1 day. Say you start wing chun from scratch and you learn something new everyday and step by step you become a better martial artist each day. Then you can start karate and make the same progress everyday and you become even a greater karate guy with help of your wing chun fundamentals. Enes born with wing chun skills but he didnt train himself enough then skipped it and started Karate. Now he stumbles because he doesnt have good wing chun fundamentals. And he doesnt know where the fault is, i am afraid he will just skip all these and jump to wrestling one day. Kid has so much potential but he doesnt have a good sensei like Misagi-san to guide him the way

he isn't ****ed by fener but indeed he ****ed fener up. They had some expectations on kanter, and they wanted to play him a few years and mature him up before going to nba but Enes just preferred a year without professional basketball in usa rather than playing in turkish league and euroleague. That was stupid in my opinion and ever since kanter acted like he is more of an american college ball player more than a turkish player, he started messing up his national team career and get some negative feelings from turkish fans which they have point. I mean, say if a guy grew out of Salt lake city and went to Chinese league pretending he is more chinese than he is from slc, wouldnt it drive slc folk and fans nuts?

Of course nba is a bigger arena and thats the reason we support him so much because if he will individually succeed it would be a good presentation of the nation as well. But turkish fans already are very patient with Kanter more than he deserved after his attittude with national team in last couple years.

I think that this kid took too much responsibility on his shoulders at a young age than he was supposed to take. He had too much attention around him and he thought he is already a superstar, combine that with misleading agent named Max ergul and that led him get confused. Then he performed much less than expected in last years. He has much bigger potential indeed, just he didnt have a good personal management by people around him which led things come up this far.

Only good thing right now for Utah jazz is, he has some potential and he really wanna succeed, thats why i believe he will work hard. But first he should play good in world tournament and get his confidence which will lead him to a successful year and even consequtive years of success. And bad thing is he set his personal fundamentals on a pretty weak basis which is why he thinks playing for Turkey will affect his performance for upcoming season badly in utah jazz. This is like a paradox. Because i believe if he will succeed for national team, his success will follow up in utah jazz. Someone should tell this to the kid and stop brainwashing him for the reverse idea.
As a die-hard Fener fan, I'd say the both sides had wrongs, it was 50-50. Fener's basketball branch has psychopaths running the management and their philosophy was "Ya benimsin ya kara toprağın!", "You are either my player or no one else's". They might claim that they did the legal thing but I know that the legality is one of the last things they care about generally. But they were very eager about it when it came to Enes. They did their best to spoil his NCAA career.

For me the guilty parties are, equally or close:

Fenerbahçe
Enes Kanter
His agent
His family
The stupid NCAA and their rules

And the victims are:

Enes Kanter
Kentucky
Fenerbahçe
Fans
Utah Jazz
The Turkish NT

You know one of the biggest flaws of Enes' game comes from his lack of experience in europe. See the most successful international, nowitzki, parker, ginobili blabla they all had enough international experience and then they went to nba and implemented their game pretty well. Enes ****ing jumped to american playstyle without getting to know european style one bit. He got weak fundamentals and you cant create your own game without having a good fundamentals in your own place first. He doesnt have athleticism to play american way basketball but he forced himself to play like that which was a mistake. i think he just got carried away with all the flashy show business aspect of basketball and nba and he stumbled. Thats why the worthless experience you think is a lot of worth if he took that experience enough.

I mean i dont care if he plays for national team or not but first he must be clear on he wants to play or not. People are kinda bored of this drama, hearing one thing from agents, different from doctors, and very different from enes himself. he just should have the guts to be straightforward about this issue first. And then next thing he would help his nation more with succeeding in utah jazz than succeeding in national team because NBA is the real arena and Nowitzki is Nowitzki not because he took Germany to 5 consequtive international championships but he had such a successful careeer in nba. But as i mentioned in earlier post, his success on nba relies on his success in national team right now. He lacks the fundamentals he was supposed to get in europe and now he must compensate it with passing more time with national team. After maturing up himself and his game in national team it will translate very good to nba. I just believe that he isnt even aware of this fact. Thats the only problem
That's a great post.