What's new

Keep losing

the worst thing for this franchise would be to make the playoffs as an 8th seed. im hoping the jazz lose every game the rest of the season. those lotto picks need to be as high as possible

the jazz need to infuse their roster with young talent

YES. And we need Charlotte and Golden State to win, win, win!

Clippers, Bucks, and Pistons - I'd love it if you'd win too.

And Jersey - LOSE, LOSE, LOSE!!!

Ever since I can remember the Clippers have been in the lottery. Every year I'm sure Clipper's fans say the same thing "gosh I hope my team loses every last game so we get a better pick. My hell how many times have the Clippers made the playoffs in the last 25 years, like 2 or 3 times! Is that really what you want for the Jazz. To lose for the next twenty years. I mean how can you be so cavalier abbot losing we can pick some loser player in one of the worst and talentless drafts in a long time. Call me old fashioned, but I hat losing, never ever justify losing! Losing should be spurned like the spawn of Satan!!!!!!!

As bad as the Jazz have been the past 30 games or so I don't think you can call this team the clippers, the Spurs tanked and ended up with Duncan. I wouldn't call them losers. This franchise is completely different, for all the crap given to KOC he is very good, I think the Millers want to win. I for one wouldn't mind seeing the young guys get a lot of minutes from here on out. If we lose so be it, its the only way we will ultimately win. We have to develop the talent we have. If it turns out that we end up with two lottery picks after seeing what the guys on our bench can do I certainly won't be complaining about it. Come back in 25 years and if the Jazz still have only made the playoffs once or twice you can say I told you so. Ill be here.

Ever since I can remember the Clippers have been in the lottery. Every year I'm sure Clipper's fans say the same thing "gosh I hope my team loses every last game so we get a better pick. My hell how many times have the Clippers made the playoffs in the last 25 years, like 2 or 3 times! Is that really what you want for the Jazz. To lose for the next twenty years. I mean how can you be so cavalier abbot losing we can pick some loser player in one of the worst and talentless drafts in a long time. Call me old fashioned, but I hat losing, never ever justify losing! Losing should be spurned like the spawn of Satan!!!!!!!

Exactly.

That's what the nets pick is for! That's what the warriors pick is for next year, that's what the Knicks pick was for last year! We have lots of young talent who need to experience success not failure! I'm talking about Favors, Hayward, Evans, and most likely Three more lottery picks between now and next years draft. How many times do I need to say it these guys need to win now to gain confidence. The more we lose the more likely we won't be able to keep these players.

Is bimbo the best you can come up with you can do better come on!!! Really Hurt my feelings

As bad as the Jazz have been the past 30 games or so I don't think you can call this team the clippers, the Spurs tanked and ended up with Duncan. I wouldn't call them losers. This franchise is completely different, for all the crap given to KOC he is very good, I think the Millers want to win. I for one wouldn't mind seeing the young guys get a lot of minutes from here on out. If we lose so be it, its the only way we will ultimately win. We have to develop the talent we have. If it turns out that we end up with two lottery picks after seeing what the guys on our bench can do I certainly won't be complaining about it. Come back in 25 years and if the Jazz still have only made the playoffs once or twice you can say I told you so. Ill be here.

Wasn't there massive injury to that team that year including David Robinson. And there best player was An over the hill Willkens they didn't tank they had some tough luck at just the right time. They also drafted a couple all-stars in the late first round and second round. To my knowledge they only had one lotto pick.

Wasn't there massive injury to that team that year including David Robinson. And there best player was An over the hill Willkens they didn't tank they had some tough luck at just the right time. They also drafted a couple all-stars in the late first round and second round. To my knowledge they only had one lotto pick.

That's what the nets pick is for! That's what the warriors pick is for next year, that's what the Knicks pick was for last year! We have lots of young talent who need to experience success not failure! I'm talking about Favors, Hayward, Evans, and most likely Three more lottery picks between now and next years draft. How many times do I need to say it these guys need to win now to gain confidence. The more we lose the more likely we won't be able to keep these players.

Is bimbo the best you can come up with you can do better come on!!! Really Hurt my feelings

I agree with you on some level. I will say that it is probably more advantageous for this team to let rooks play and inevitably lose. I don't openly root for them to lose, but if they fight hard and make a game out of it and lose then I am okay with that. We really need these picks to work out for us either way. We deserve some luck for once.

I agree with you on some level. I will say that it is probably more advantageous for this team to let rooks play and inevitably lose. I don't openly root for them to lose, but if they fight hard and make a game out of it and lose then I am okay with that. We really need these picks to work out for us either way. We deserve some luck for once.

at this point I agree. Not to the point of giving them 35+ minutes, remember we can still make the playoffs but maybe 20 to 25 minutes. It just drives me crazy when people want the jazz to tank on purpose just for the sake of one crappy draft pick that won't be the savior everyone thinks we will get in this draft!

Hear, hear! There is no shame in losing after you have given every effort you can, but there is much shame in losing deliberately, whether you are a player, a coach, or an organization.

..., the Spurs tanked and ended up with Duncan.

You mean, the year Robinson played in 6 whole games?

I can see it as possible that near the end of the season, in a fight for the top pick in the pre-lottery days, a team might tank to get a top 2 pick. Under the curent system (which was in place back then), tanking to be the first pick instead fo the second gives you a less than a 6% edge (under 3% less if you tie for last), while send a message to every player on the team that it's OK to lose. It just doesn't seem like a smart thing to do.

Hear, hear! There is no shame in losing after you have given every effort you can, but there is much shame in losing deliberately, whether you are a player, a coach, or an organization.

For one thing the top 14 in this draft have the potential to be very good if most of the guys declare. One thing that really helps is there could be up to 5 Intl players who are lottery talented. Most of us do not want to tank or deliberately lose, but believe it is in the best interests of the team to develop Hayward, Favors, Evans, and perhaps to give Fes one more chance to see if we want to re-sign him. Getting killed by San Antonio in the first round is not exactly something that is going to help us.