What's new

Keep losing

... but believe it is in the best interests of the team to develop Hayward, Favors, Evans, and perhaps to give Fes one more chance ... Getting killed by San Antonio in the first round is not exactly something that is going to help us.

I woudl argue that floor time is only good for development when you're ready, and that seeing the amount of work it takes to really be even a playoff team would be of even more help to the rookies than floor time would.

the worst thing for this franchise would be to make the playoffs as an 8th seed. im hoping the jazz lose every game the rest of the season. those lotto picks need to be as high as possible

the jazz need to infuse their roster with young talent

I feels like the more they try to win, the more they lose, naturally.....

Like when Greg signed up Corbin hoping to win... LOL

You mean, the year Robinson played in 6 whole games?

I can see it as possible that near the end of the season, in a fight for the top pick in the pre-lottery days, a team might tank to get a top 2 pick. Under the curent system (which was in place back then), tanking to be the first pick instead fo the second gives you a less than a 6% edge (under 3% less if you tie for last), while send a message to every player on the team that it's OK to lose. It just doesn't seem like a smart thing to do.

I agree with that. I didn't try to insinuate that the spurs lost on purpose. I do understand how you could think that by the use of the word tank. I realize that Robinson was hurt and that was a bad situation for the Spurs at the time. It did however bring them Duncan. One way or another they were good and had a horrible season. I'd like to think we are closer to a spurs comparison than a clippers one. I just think long term we know what the vets can do on this team and we should get the youngsters a chance to prove if any of them are worth keeping. I really wanted to see the Jazz win tonight. I haven't missed a game in over 7 yrs I want to see them win them all, I know thats not realistic. I have not given up at all just resigned to the fact that we are rebuilding and 2 top draft picks could really help long term.

They would have won if Milsap had simply missed the second free throw. So it was nice to see the Jazz make big plays and - if not for Okafor's lucky shot - they would have won. So I consider it a win. I mean an actual win only hurts the Jazz' draft odds so this was a great, inspiring effort - yet still providing the Jazz with another beneficial Loss. Lots of silver linings tonight people.

Sure I feel bad for the players. But gotta get over it. They will.

Nets beat the Cavs earlier this week on some questionable ref-ing. Hopefully the Pistons will motor thru the Cavs tonight to keep ahead of the Nets in the standings.
Indiana may actually catch the Jazz in the standings too...