What's new

Kemba Traded to OKC

I actually think this is a great trade for Boston since their bigs were absolute *** last year, Horford is still a good player (as long as he's not asked to play the 4 and as long as people understand that they're not getting a star), and Boston also got Moses Brown. They also save a quadrillion dollars.

Maybe the biggest takeaway here as a Jazz fan is that owners are going to try to save money when they are even hovering around the luxury tax.

I actually think this is a great trade for Boston since their bigs were absolute *** last year, Horford is still a good player (as long as he's not asked to play the 4 and as long as people understand that they're not getting a star), and Boston also got Moses Brown. They also save a quadrillion dollars.

Maybe the biggest takeaway here as a Jazz fan is that owners are going to try to save money when they are even hovering around the luxury tax.
Yep. At the end of the day, Boston will spend about the same on Horford and Fournier as they would have spent just on Kemba. As we've learned this postseason, you need a number of good players to contend not just a few really good players.

How many picks does OKC have? They’re going to become the new 2015ish Celtics with all the young talent.
They have way more picks that Boston ever had... the quality of the picks Boston stole is likely better but who knows if the Clips sink they will be flush with lotto picks.

They are smart... when you go one direction go hard fast and all in. The "process" is the correct way to get the top tier talent... now he needs to hit on the picks and get some lotto luck.

I swear Kemba will look healthy for a week and some dumb team will give them a couple first to take him.

Name any GM in the league that has been around for very long at all and I'll tell you several bad trades/picks/deals they've made.
You don't want to go there, do you believe his empty promises and his stand still excuses? Do you realize how damaged we are with this Conley situation ? You may be pro DL the majority of us aren't. I hope he gets fired, Smith and Wade won't stand for his weak approaches and transactions...

If I were OKC, I'd be trying to kick the can on a lot of those picks, even if you're consolidating a few into 1-2 picks that convey much farther down the road. They're going to end up with too many at once. Try to convert them to a bit more balanced of a stream and you'll still have a glut of them.

If I were OKC, I'd be trying to kick the can on a lot of those picks, even if you're consolidating a few into 1-2 picks that convey much farther down the road. They're going to end up with too many at once. Try to convert them to a bit more balanced of a stream and you'll still have a glut of them.
Or use them to move up and get the guys they want. I think pushing them down the road is solid because then they can be used to get the guys you need once you know what your young core looks like.

Pretty crazy that 5 years ago people were admiring the amount of picks Boston had built up. Boston never pulled the trigger on the right trade, and now they are using picks 5 years later to have the roster balance around their remaining good players.

Pretty crazy that 5 years ago people were admiring the amount of picks Boston had built up. Boston never pulled the trigger on the right trade, and now they are using picks 5 years later to have the roster balance around their remaining good players.
They also shot almost all blanks outside of Brown Tatum and maybe Williams.

You don't want to go there, do you believe his empty promises and his stand still excuses? Do you realize how damaged we are with this Conley situation ?
lol, this guy is complaining about DL being "stand-still" and in the very next sentence complains about him going all-in.

You may be pro DL the majority of us aren't.
I think the silent majority of us recognize that he's done a better job than most GM's, and then you have a vocal minority that were quiet all season bravely speaking up again now that we're facing elimination.

DL turned Trey Lyles into Donovan Mitchell and Dante Exum into Jordan Clarkson.
And 2 million dollars into gobert
And we finished with the best record in the nba for the first time ever.
Also could be argued he won the Conley trade.

So of course he sucks

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Last edited:
1. OKC is likely to have 5 of the top 36 picks in this draft
2. They have two #1's in 2022
3. They have four #1's in 2023
4. They have three #1's in 2024
5. They have three #1's in 2025
6. They have three #1's in 2026

I mean... good God.

Oh, and they have 18 2nd round picks the next seven years as well.
Lol

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

How many picks does OKC have? They’re going to become the new 2015ish Celtics with all the young talent.
OKC has a top 5 pick and could have a potentially another top 5 in this draft via Houston I believe so if that happens and they hit big in this draft they have a nice foundation for the future. They still have a boat load of picks too. Funny how we seem to give picks away and Presti seems to get picks with his trade.

Last edited:
Well he could have just drafted Rudy. Matter of fact he passed on Giannis and Rudy for Trey Burke. That alone should get him fired.
Give any GM four lottery picks in a seven year span they can come away with something nice by pure chance. You have to try suck so hard in order to miss them all.

DL came very close though. Not gonna lie. Trey Burke, Dante Exum and Trey Lyles. Kudos to him.

Give any GM four lottery picks in a seven year span they can come away with something nice by pure chance. You have to try suck so hard in order to miss them all.

DL came very close though. Not gonna lie. Trey Burke, Dante Exum and Trey Lyles. Kudos to him.
Trey Lyles is the only awful pick out of those 3. Exum and Burke had a lot of fans and reasons to believe in them.