What's new

Kemba Traded to OKC

To me the thing with Presti is he jumps on trades when he feels he’s going to win the trade. Traded Harden for guys with value and picks, traded Westbrook for a guy with value and picks, uses resources to get PG and takes advantage of the Clippers need to get PG.
I feel like DL and our FO overpays most of the time but then don’t jump on potential trades where we get a value player and picks.
If the picks that brought Tatum and Brown plus a value player were offered for Hayward you jump on that, even if Hayward was an all star. If Harden and picks were supposedly offered for Kanter you jump on it.

OKC has a top 5 pick and could have a potential another top 5 in this draft via Houston I believe so it that happens and they hit big in this draft they have a nice foundation for the future. They still have a boat load of picks too. Funny how we seem to give picks away and Presti seems to get picks with his trade.
They’re going to be right back to being contenders again, aren’t they?

Give any GM four lottery picks in a seven year span they can come away with something nice by pure chance. You have to try suck so hard in order to miss them all.

DL came very close though. Not gonna lie. Trey Burke, Dante Exum and Trey Lyles. Kudos to him.
Enes Kanter too

Give any GM four lottery picks in a seven year span they can come away with something nice by pure chance. You have to try suck so hard in order to miss them all.

DL came very close though. Not gonna lie. Trey Burke, Dante Exum and Trey Lyles. Kudos to him.
I don't blame him on Dante, he was projected in the top 5 of a great draft but it turned out to be an overrated draft especially in the top 5. Plus no one could predict Exum would be made of glass. I was one of the few how was not excited about the Burke pick because I thought it was too much to give up considering he would have been there most likely with one of our picks and I thought he was a very good college player but an average NBA player.

Man, can anyone imagine DL ever winning a trade? Let alone all the trades like OKC does.

Our management just sucks.
I quit posting long ago, and don’t like to do ad hominem attack… but two threads in one day where the antagonist poster has a name so fitting: One eye on his myopia in prior thread now ineptimussprime stating our management just sucks is truly an inept perspective. Jazz have challenges as we know, but to build a team that has best record in league and a legit contender puts you quite a ways from “sucks”. If you offered that “jazz built a team that’s really good, in spite of the free agent barriers, but missed on a couple of moves that could have taken us to next level” then you’d be in the realm of reality.