What's new

Kemba Walker

My worry on Batum....he is 30 years old and will be 33 and still owed 27 Million in the last year of his contract. He wasn't healthy when he was young so how will he age?

I saw this elsewhere, thought id share.

Cleveland receives Dwight Howard and Kemba Walker

Charlotte receives TT, IT and Favors (expiring) + Brooklyn pick (protected 1-3)

Utah receives Shumpert, 2018 Charlotte 1st (protected 1-14) and a Cleveland 2nd rounder.

Trading for Kemba Walker would totally be a "get off your knees" or dare I say a "Phoenix rising from the Ashes" typa moment for the 2017-2018 Jazz and it'd have major impact on next season too.

He is most definitely much better than people here probably realize... The ramifications would be awesome..

The price will be steep but the fact remains if u can keep a good part of "the others" in tact alongside the big 4 with Gobert, Favors, Mitchell and Kemba.....

Lemme be the first to say that FOR STARTERS;

It's gonna take this years lotto pick, Dante Exum and one or two more pieces..

The price u pay for these types of trades is a "were going for the playoffs premium" Utah's 1st rd pick is in this deal or it goes nowhere...

It's much more likely the Jazz are sellers and fuel up the tank tho..

Always have said the 2 most important positions are PG and C, and with Kemba and Rudy, I swear by those guys, they'd be in good hands...

Last edited:
I am not that interested in Kemba but he is a good player.

Maybe I would do Hood - Rubio - Burks for Kemba and Batum.

Im not sure I go much more than that. We give them a potential player in Hood and then take their awful Batum contract.

Batum is a terrible contract but he is still young and I think he could play better. I am sure Gobert would like that trade. Kemba is a huge upgrade over Rubio and Kemba can play well with Mitchell.

Then we still have Favors to make a deal with. Maybe the Mirotic thing works out for a deal or we go after Jabari. One of those would be great at the 4.

I would also look at going after Oubre or one of the other wings from Washington.

Kemba - Exum
Mitchell - Inlges
Oubre - Royce/Sefolosha
Mirotic - Jerebko
Gobert - Udoh/Bradley

I doubt we get that done but that is a team that can compete at a high level next year.

Honeslty I would rather chase a PF first and then a wing second over Kemba though. I think Mitchell and Exum can hold down the PG/SG spot or at the very least the PG spot. I would love to see us get a player that pushes Ingles out of the starting lineup and we need a solid 4, since we are most likely losing Favors.

They are not moving off Dwight. 1-they like him and 2- his contract only lasts through next season.

Actually, according to Woj they tried to move him but found no takers due to his contract. This is a garage sale, everything is on sale

After further review there's no feasible way this trade is done with just Utah and Charlotte involved.. It must be part of a 3-way trade...

Exum almost certainly would have to be involved headed back to Charlotte too....

I saw this elsewhere, thought id share.

Charlotte receives TT, IT and Favors (expiring) + Brooklyn pick (protected 1-3)

Utah receives Shumpert, 2018 Charlotte 1st (protected 1-14) and a Cleveland 2nd rounder.
That's terrible. Jazz get a 2nd rounder in order to save other teams money. That 1st is fake unless it goes into later years.

The only player on their roster that interests me is Kaminsky and they're not trading him. The next closest would be Marvin Williams.

I think the Jazz should be trying to make Mitchell their 1 (or shortest guy on the floor).

22z936.jpg
Would rep

That's terrible. Jazz get a 2nd rounder in order to save other teams money. That 1st is fake unless it goes into later years.

I added the protections. The original I saw had none but it seemed we were getting too much back.

Charlotte receives TT, IT and Favors (expiring) + Brooklyn pick

Utah receives Shumpert, 2018 Charlotte 1st rounder and a Cleveland 2nd rounder

I added the protections. The original I saw had none but it seemed we were getting too much back.

Charlotte receives TT, IT and Favors (expiring) + Brooklyn pick

Utah receives Shumpert, 2018 Charlotte 1st rounder and a Cleveland 2nd rounder
The protections pose a huge problem. Basically make or break the entire deal.

After further review there's no feasible way this trade is done with just Utah and Charlotte involved.. It must be part of a 3-way trade...

Exum almost certainly would have to be involved headed back to Charlotte too....

Im not up for that. Length and defense is our identity. 6'1 and 6'3 back court makes it impossible to switch.

Kemba's D on Mitchell was probably the best of the season too besides Roberson.
I was thinking about that. Can't really think of any other times Donovan has been shut down in the fourth.

I wonder if Charlotte would consider taking the pick with top ten/lottery protections. Probably not, but I think that would sway it for me.