What's new

Kevin Love/Marc Gasol and Korver

toddychurch

I know they’re older, but I feel like they’d be good additions within our offensive scheme, if we’re trying to contend right now. They’re smart and I believe they’d pick up the system.

I know Locke said watch Love run and it looks labored, but so did/does Favors.

Korver’s shot is so fast. I can imagine him in one corner, Ingles in another, Love or Gasol in the pick and roll at the top of the arc with Mitchell or Rubio being able to drive and kick or get to the basket.

Maybe it’s recency bias with Love having a good series.

I know they’re older, but I feel like they’d be good additions within our offensive scheme, if we’re trying to contend right now. They’re smart and I believe they’d pick up the system.

I know Locke said watch Love run and it looks labored, but so did/does Favors.

Korver’s shot is so fast. I can imagine him in one corner, Ingles in another, Love or Gasol in the pick and roll at the top of the arc with Mitchell or Rubio being able to drive and kick or get to the basket.

Maybe it’s recency bias with Love having a good series.
You’re dangerously close to my idiot list

I'd love to have Love, but I dont want to give up a ton of assets to get him on a one year contract then feel pressured to overpay him as he ages.

Korver...you mean the same ******* who admitted to passing up shots to protect his record, when the Jazz really needed his scoring as they were pushing for the playoffs? Different administration, but I doubt he'd be welcomed back.

Love is a possibility if Lebron leaves and the Cavs want to rebuild. But the timing might not work. Lebron probably makes his decision after the Jazz have to guarantee salaries. I think Cleveland would want to trade Love and not take back salaries.

Korver...you mean the same ******* who admitted to passing up shots to protect his record, when the Jazz really needed his scoring as they were pushing for the playoffs? Different administration, but I doubt he'd be welcomed back.
He'd be welcomed back. Don't worry.

Also, I'm pretty sure whatever you said that got censored is not really appropriate by any measure as Korver is universally known as a great dude and dedicated professional.

I'm sure you're on a short list of people that still care about what Korver did - or didn't - on a very flawed team that never had a chance at a ring. Don't worry.

Last edited:
For the right contract, Korver would be wonderful to have. His defense has always been wildly underrated as he knows his limitations and does everything possible to maximize his ability within a team defensive scheme.

I'm pretty sure when he was here he averaged as many blocks as Boozer and Memo, and he took a lot of charges.

For the right contract, Korver would be wonderful to have. His defense has always been wildly underrated as he knows his limitations and does everything possible to maximize his ability within a team defensive scheme.

I'm pretty sure when he was here he averaged as many blocks as Boozer and Memo, and he took a lot of charges.
Korver was our best wing defender and I’ve never understood why people continued to trout out the arguement that he was a bad defender. It must be the group association of other white shooters are assumed to be unathletic, poor defenders. When he was in Atlanta, one of the coaches came out and publicly talked about what a good defender he was. Maybe it was even Bud. I think the biggest thing was that he played defense away from the ball, and so his guy didn’t get a lot of good looks or passes to begin with, while guys like Brewer and AK had highlight defensive plays but were pretty lackluster individual defenders.

I haven’t really seen his defense lately, however.

Korver was our best wing defender and I’ve never understood why people continued to trout out the arguement that he was a bad defender. It must be the group association of other white shooters are assumed to be unathletic, poor defenders. When he was in Atlanta, one of the coaches came out and publicly talked about what a good defender he was. Maybe it was even Bud. I think the biggest thing was that he played defense away from the ball, and so his guy didn’t get a lot of good looks or passes to begin with, while guys like Brewer and AK had highlight defensive plays but were pretty lackluster individual defenders.

I haven’t really seen his defense lately, however.

Agreed he was a good defender. Very underrated. He has slowed down a lot over the past 10 yrs. Disagree he was our best wing defender. Wesley M gets that trophy.

Agreed he was a good defender. Very underrated. He has slowed down a lot over the past 10 yrs. Disagree he was our best wing defender. Wesley M gets that trophy.
Yeah, we had him for only a year, though, so I guess I wasn’t really counting him. What I’m really saying is that he was better than Miles, Brewer, and AK (I know that one’s not going to be a popular take).

Other than replying no and implying I’m dumb, why wouldn’t you want Korver, Love or Gasol if we’re trying to contend over the next couple of years? It’s easy to say no and think the person coming up with the idea is stupid, but providing reasons why the idea is stupid is another thing.

Korver is a great shooter who is clutch and makes free throws. He’s older but he seems to have aged well, plays on a relatively cheap contract and may or may not have liked Utah.

Love is a great shooter and rebounder. He seems injury prone with some hand problems and other freak things, but he is a skilled big man whose deficiencies could be covered by our defensive schemes.

Gasol is a great shooter and may not be as defensive minded as Favors, but his offense may make up for it. He’s older, but is a skilled big man.

Obviously if we’re trying to build our team with winning three to four years down the road then they don’t fit, though Love isn’t 30 yet.

I would be somewhat curious what it would look like if you rolled out Gasol in Favors’ role. Yeah, we’d have problems and mismatches having Gasol guard PJ Tucker, but imagine the other end of the floor.

I would be somewhat curious what it would look like if you rolled out Gasol in Favors’ role. Yeah, we’d have problems and mismatches having Gasol guard PJ Tucker, but imagine the other end of the floor.
You know...

I don't know, that could... maybe... work? Gasol is a much better shooter and passer than Favors. The Jazz could crash the offensive glass in a manner that could blow up the league's collective gameplan.

I feel really dumb thinking that this idea actually isn't dumb. But, like... I don't know. I'm kinda very down?