What's new

Kevin Love/Marc Gasol and Korver

I would take Pau Gasol over Marc. I think he fits Utah better as he could play PF or C. He is a veteran presence that the Jazz are missing and can help groom them with his championship experience. I don’t see him playing a ton of minutes but he fits the type of guy that the Jazz sign as free agents—Joe Johnson, Danny Manning, Tom Chambers, etc.

Yeah, you didn't read that very well because those are not things I said.
I'm quite literate, maybe you're not the best at communicating. I'll amend "not very good" to "rather overrated" if that helps you since you only faintly contested what I just said.

For the right contract, Korver would be wonderful to have. His defense has always been wildly underrated as he knows his limitations and does everything possible to maximize his ability within a team defensive scheme.

I'm pretty sure when he was here he averaged as many blocks as Boozer and Memo, and he took a lot of charges.

This. Korver changes offensive schemes and presses defences as well as Ray Allen. Its beautiful to watch. His contract might be a bit too steep at his age but it's not bad. No reason for CLE to trade him either.

Korver...you mean the same ******* who admitted to passing up shots to protect his record, when the Jazz really needed his scoring as they were pushing for the playoffs? Different administration, but I doubt he'd be welcomed back.

Love is a possibility if Lebron leaves and the Cavs want to rebuild. But the timing might not work. Lebron probably makes his decision after the Jazz have to guarantee salaries. I think Cleveland would want to trade Love and not take back salaries.

I was a Korver fan while he was here...at first. I soured on him after he passed up a couple of wide open three pointers in the playoffs. My memory fails now on the year or the series (maybe someone out there remembers) Anyway, as I recall the Jazz were down but mounting a spirited comeback, a three would have won the game or at least secured the lead with seconds to go. Korver was wide open for a trailing fast break three... he was in rhythm and WIDE open. Dwill hit him with the pass. Instead of taking the shot, he passed to a surprised memo who was out of rhythm and three feet farther away. Memo immediately launched a three, but missed and we lost the game and the series. It was the exact opposite of performing in the clutch. After that, I could take him or leave him. I would have been okay with him taking and missing the shot. But passing it up, to me, was a sign of mental weakness. It's harsh to judge him on one or two plays I know, but still, when your team needs you, you have to step up. At this point, I have not seen anything to suggest he has become the answer for us.

I was a Korver fan while he was here...at first. I soured on him after he passed up a couple of wide open three pointers in the playoffs. My memory fails now on the year or the series (maybe someone out there remembers) Anyway, as I recall the Jazz were down but mounting a spirited comeback, a three would have won the game or at least secured the lead with seconds to go. Korver was wide open for a trailing fast break three... he was in rhythm and WIDE open. Dwill hit him with the pass. Instead of taking the shot, he passed to a surprised memo who was out of rhythm and three feet farther away. Memo immediately launched a three, but missed and we lost the game and the series. It was the exact opposite of performing in the clutch. After that, I could take him or leave him. I would have been okay with him taking and missing the shot. But passing it up, to me, was a sign of mental weakness. It's harsh to judge him on one or two plays I know, but still, when your team needs you, you have to step up. At this point, I have not seen anything to suggest he has become the answer for us.
Yeah, that's absurdly harsh, emphasis on absurd.

Literally no one has ever suggested he's the answer for us.

Yeah, you didn't read that very well because those are not things I said.

It is how you came across whether it’s what you said or not. It was shameful imo. I hated reading those posts from you tbh. You are better than that.

Korver cost us the 2 seed in the playoffs because he cares more about his stats then his team.

0 chance the organization would ever have him back. There is a good reason we didn't even try to make an offer to him when he left.

I'm quite literate, maybe you're not the best at communicating. I'll amend "not very good" to "rather overrated" if that helps you since you only faintly contested what I just said.
Well, I mean you changed your statement so...

Korver cost us the 2 seed in the playoffs because he cares more about his stats then his team.

0 chance the organization would ever have him back. There is a good reason we didn't even try to make an offer to him when he left.
Complete management turnover.

Yeah, that's absurdly harsh, emphasis on absurd.

Literally no one has ever suggested he's the answer for us.
Ok
I'll admit to being irrational about him.

So, if not the answer, what are we taking about? Bench fodder? Our 7 to 9th guy? Sure. I'd be okay with that for the right price.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using JazzFanz mobile app

I have thought for several years that Korver would be a great fit in the system that Quinn runs. Would love to see it happen but I highly doubt it.