What's new

Keyonte George Hype & Appreciation Thread

I don’t think Dunn’s situation should impact Keyonte tbh. Dunn did well for what he was asked to do last year, but I don’t see a long-term future for him with the team. He’s on a one year, non guaranteed contract and is one of the oldest players on the team. Better to just start KG3 and see what he can do at that point. Let the kid just take his lumps. I think he’ll also make some huge strides in the process.
Like I said, I don't disagree. But I suspect Hardy will start either Clarkson, Dunn, or Sexy before KG. Hope I'm wrong though.

One thing with Keyonte George... He's repped by Mike Miller (former heat/grizz player). On the Mistmatch Chris Vernon told a long story about Mike as an agent and some evaluations/calls he's made (like with Jokic) mentioned with Paolo he sent the Magic some of the receipts and declared "I don't miss". Anyway... they used that as like a story of maybe there is more here than we think type of thing... like if Mike is all in with him then he sees something.

Because there is no other good nickname for him and it's a city in Utah
No other good nickname? Jumped to that conclusion pretty quick. Feels like the laziest nickname. Other than KG and whatever his jersey number is I suppose.

Nickname talk is one of my least favorite things ever. It just has to happen organically or meh. Like you don't get together with your friends to give each other nicknames.
All great nicknames are thought of at some point. That's how things exist, someone thought of it and said it.

Talking about nicknames, I still don’t know why “Sizzle” didn’t catch on for Mitchell…

It’s perfect.
How come Hot Rod’s “Slick Willy” never caught on for DWill?

All great nicknames are thought of at some point. That's how things exist, someone thought of it and said it.
Right but like we didn't call a meeting to give Peter the nickname Stinky Pete... he just happened to let one rip in the back of biology class and his whole life changed. I'm just calling him Key... its short... its what I'd yell at him on a basketball court if I was trying to get his attention. Someone in his life can give him his nickname.

One thing with Keyonte George... He's repped by Mike Miller (former heat/grizz player). On the Mistmatch Chris Vernon told a long story about Mike as an agent and some evaluations/calls he's made (like with Jokic) mentioned with Paolo he sent the Magic some of the receipts and declared "I don't miss". Anyway... they used that as like a story of maybe there is more here than we think type of thing... like if Mike is all in with him then he sees something.
Have you just found the identity of @bigmike ?

Nickname talk is one of my least favorite things ever. It just has to happen organically or meh. Like you don't get together with your friends to give each other nicknames.

Man, I really dread having to listen to Holly and Boler come up with forced nicknames for Keyonte and the rest of the new guys. I'm already cringing just thinking about it.