What's new

Keyonte George Hype & Appreciation Thread

Here’s the first highlight clip guys.

Gotta say I had a great time watching this game. He started tentatively, but really grew more into it - love the fight.

Especially that steal - full length dribble up the court - pass inside for the finish.

I nearly jumped out of my chair!

View: https://youtu.be/wDhgbbrbLf8

Thanks for posting. Nice mix of outside shooting and scoring at the rim and that bounce pass was awesome!

Keyonte definitely looks small with the extreme weight loss. Probably needs to put some back on over the years. Was hoping for some more sauce on his dunk at the end to see the explosiveness that he displayed at his pro day

He needs to learn there are other passes besides bounce passes.

If he lobbed 2 of those passes he would have had 2 more assists and 2 less turn overs.
I can't remember if it was a bounce pass but he had Carey on a cut and turned it over. While it was a bad turnover I think if he would've thrown it earlier it would've been a very nice pass. The read was there, the execution was late.

I like the heads up decision making I saw last night in transition, but this guy is not a pg in a traditional sense and one sl game won't change that.
We can develop him into a nice score first pg I guess, but I am on the fence as to if it's worth it. The truth is his path to being a Clarkson or Sexton type guard is far easier to envision.
I think he comes off the bench this season maybe running the 2nd unit or something at times, but overall is brought into the offense maybe as the first or 2nd option when the Finnisher is either on the bench or being doubled a lot or something.

I like the heads up decision making I saw last night in transition, but this guy is not a pg in a traditional sense and one sl game won't change that.
We can develop him into a nice score first pg I guess, but I am on the fence as to if it's worth it. The truth is his path to being a Clarkson or Sexton type guard is far easier to envision.
I think he comes off the bench this season maybe running the 2nd unit or something at times, but overall is brought into the offense maybe as the first or 2nd option when the Finnisher is either on the bench or being doubled a lot or something.
I don't necessarily disagree with this, but I think he can be the PG of the future with a bit more time. He made some very nice plays down the stretch last night and I think he can develop into a true 2-way guard with time. I think it'd be worth it to lean into that.

Keyonte will have to develop into a PG because he definitely isn't a PG currently. He did seem calm and collected though and that's a great sign.

If the Jazz wanted a guaranteed PG prospect they should have drafted JHS, but I see the upside KG has if he can develop that side of his game enough to be a starter.
Hey JZ had already said that we don't believe in having a traditional PG… so no we obviously didn't needed or wanted that I don’t think.

I can't remember if it was a bounce pass but he had Carey on a cut and turned it over. While it was a bad turnover I think if he would've thrown it earlier it would've been a very nice pass. The read was there, the execution was late.
The 2 i remember the most where both to agbaji. One was a fast break and after ochai was telling him to out it up and he tried to pass it between the defenses legs. The second was ochai cutting the baseline.

I understand he is learning the PG position so I am not super disappointed.

I did like what I saw from him.