What's new

Keyonte George Hype & Appreciation Thread

He needs to learn there are other passes besides bounce passes.

If he lobbed 2 of those passes he would have had 2 more assists and 2 less turn overs.

I noticed ochai actually telling him that both times after he made those two bounce passes I’m glad to see ochai taking on a leadership role on the SL team and I think George will get there but he’s new to being a point guard right now

I noticed ochai actually telling him that both times after he made those two bounce passes I’m glad to see ochai taking on a leadership role on the SL team and I think George will get there but he’s new to being a point guard right now
OA was an old rook and is definitely a man in the room in sl, given how young this team is he might be on the reg season roster as well. Our older players like Collins are far from role models or leadership material, LM is not vocal and needs to be etc.
I think Sexton and Ochai are the leaders on the court if Clarkson leaves, and maybe KO or THT a bit. The one that I am curious to see if he can become a vocal
leader is Brice.

Hey JZ had already said that we don't believe in having a traditional PG… so no we obviously didn't needed or wanted that I don’t think.
But we still very much wanted to draft Black? Yes, guy is tall but still a pass first pg..

Last edited:
But we still very much wanted to draft Black? Yes, guy is tall but still a pg..

I firmly believe that whoever we slotted at the one wouldn’t be used as a traditional point guard.

I do think they had an idea of having certain skill set there, but I can’t say to what exactly.

My thoughts still remain 5 ball handlers on the court at all times, where our sets can begin with any of them. Or if the option presents itself, push the fast break.

George doesn’t have to “learn the 1” in this scenario

I firmly believe that whoever we slotted at the one wouldn’t be used as a traditional point guard.

I do think they had an idea of having certain skill set there, but I can’t say to what exactly.

My thoughts still remain 5 ball handlers on the court at all times, where our sets can begin with any of them. Or if the option presents itself, push the fast break.

George doesn’t have to “learn the 1” in this scenario
This dude gets it.

Keyonte will have to develop into a PG because he definitely isn't a PG currently. He did seem calm and collected though and that's a great sign.

If the Jazz wanted a guaranteed PG prospect they should have drafted JHS, but I see the upside KG has if he can develop that side of his game enough to be a starter.

I think the Jazz would like to play Keyonte at the 1, but not have him dominate the ball. They'd initiate their offense from one of their wings instead. They just don't have the right wing on their roster yet. It would be similar to the way Boston used Derrick White at the 1 last year. Keyonte then becomes a second-side initiator.

This is also how the Sixers use Maxey.

Too much emphasis being out on the “PG” label. Positions make things easier to discuss but don’t exist in reality.

Gotta like what this kid has shown thus far in the SL. The vision and fearlessness of some of his lob passes tell that he understands the assignment. Lauri, Collins and Kessler gonna feast with those.

Also rare to see a rookie go for contact when his shot is not falling. George got 10 FTs and was able to contribute with assists and those FTs even when his shot was off.

Gonna break through to the starting lineup real fast if he keeps it up.

Gotta like what this kid has shown thus far in the SL. The vision and fearlessness of some of his lob passes tell that he understands the assignment. Lauri, Collins and Kessler gonna feast with those.

Also rare to see a rookie go for contact when his shot is not falling. George got 10 FTs and was able to contribute with assists and those FTs even when his shot was off.

Great to see the coach running a lot of the plays through him today too.

He’s gonna be raw and there could be some rough patches but I don’t mind letting him figure it out this year and grow (at the expense of wins).

I hope so. We really need to hit on at least one of this year’s picks and the jury’s probably gonna be out on Hendricks for a couple of years since he’s basically kinda buried.

It is most instructive when Keyonte Darnell George “passes” the ball to a teammate via the method of first bouncing the ball off of the ground. This circuitous route seems dangerous, but the ball most often finds itself in the palms of a player wearing a uniform that signals allegiance to thy Jazz.