What's new

Keyonte George Hype & Appreciation Thread

DL would’ve drafted him at 9. Because he’s from Baylor.
Somewhere DL is pissed and healing his wounds by trading a second round pick for cash and handing out a player option on a contract that was already 20% higher than market… deep breathe… okay he feels better now.

The crazy thing about Keyonte is how many 19 year olds are going to go out and transform their bodies like he did in a matter of months? Without NBA resources? That is some insane OCD stuff right there, and speaks to his drive and preparation. That is the type of player you bet the farm on.

The crazy thing about Keyonte is how many 19 year olds are going to go out and transform their bodies like he did in a matter of months? Without NBA resources? That is some insane OCD stuff right there, and speaks to his drive and preparation. That is the type of player you bet the farm on.
True. I bet he hasn’t had any sugar for at least 2-3 months. That’s some dedication right there.

Great point. If he’s a gym rat on top of being incredibly talented it’s going to be really great for the Jazz moving forward.

I completely agree with Cy about him needing to gain weight/muscle over the next few years. I follow him on IG and the kid is really really skinny. He could put on 3-5 pounds each of the next few years and be fine.

I'm guessing the Spurs are afraid Wemby will physically break. They probably want to get him into some body development work before the season.
The Spurs are very known to shutdown/load manage players. They just haven't had anyone since Leonard was there to do it so we all forgot about it. I'd be surprised if Victor played in any/some of this following years back to backs.

On ESPN700 MacMahon said he expects Keyonte to spend some time in the G-League, mostly because of how crowded the guard rotation is right now. He said the Jazz love him though and are very pleased with what they've seen from him in summer league...Said he saw Ryan Smith the other day and his face lit up when talking about him.

He did say Hendricks should be in the rotation right away.

On ESPN700 MacMahon said he expects Keyonte to spend some time in the G-League, mostly because of how crowded the guard rotation is right now. He said the Jazz love him though and are very pleased with what they've seen from him in summer league...Said he saw Ryan Smith the other day and his face lit up when talking about him.

He did say Hendricks should be in the rotation right away.
Which is why we play him in the summer league games and he ends up playing so well we make a move. We need a small consolidation trade.