What's new

Keyonte George Hype & Appreciation Thread

How bad’s the injury anyone know?
Don't know. The turn looked nasty as hell, but the fact he was walking okay on it after is very good. That said, I think the Jazz seriously consider shutting him down at this point. You can't risk the prize horse going lame in a worthless derby. Ankles take time to heal and it's best to not eff it up, which is unfortunate because he just keeps getting better with more playing time. But unless it's conclusive he is 100% fine, just tell him to take a bit of a vacation, rest up, and get ready for the season.

At this point, I've seen enough to think Keyonte is going be a star in the league sooner rather than later. Just something about him makes me say "he has it". Last night against Denver, it was a tale of two teams. We had one he was getting a lot better on defense, the Jazz were humming, and the ball was getting where it needed to be. After the injury, the Jazz lost a 25+ point lead.

I still think his potential is as a Dame/Don hybrid with good defense. I'm pretty much to the point of not being sure who we need to trade to make it happen, but whatever it takes, get him minutes, let him play through mistakes, and just let him reps.

Through 6 summer league games, Keyonte's per 36 numbers:

25.5 points
5.0 rebounds (0.9 offensive, 4.1 defensive)
7.3 assists
1.8 steals
0.2 blocks
2.5 turnovers
2.3 personal fouls
.600 TS: .541 2P (8.4 attempts); .386 3P (10.0 attempts); .750 FT (6.4 attempts)

On court: +12.3
Off court: -15.8

Through 6 summer league games, Keyonte's per 36 numbers:

25.5 points
5.0 rebounds (0.9 offensive, 4.1 defensive)
7.3 assists
1.8 steals
0.2 blocks
2.5 turnovers
2.3 personal fouls
.600 TS: .541 2P (8.4 attempts); .386 3P (10.0 attempts); .750 FT (6.4 attempts)

On court: +12.3
Off court: -15.8
the on/off numbers throughout SL are pretty staggering. last night he was a +19 in 10 minutes. without him in the other 30 minutes the jazz were a -14.

On ESPN700 MacMahon said he expects Keyonte to spend some time in the G-League, mostly because of how crowded the guard rotation is right now. He said the Jazz love him though and are very pleased with what they've seen from him in summer league...Said he saw Ryan Smith the other day and his face lit up when talking about him.

He did say Hendricks should be in the rotation right away.
I no seeing Hendrick play. Did I miss him? This guy McMahon no knows nothing basketball. Stupid thing he say.

I no seeing Hendrick play. Did I miss him? This guy McMahon no knows nothing basketball. Stupid thing he say.
Regular season rotation. The regular season hasn't started yet

26 seconds in and he refers to him as first round prick. How’s the rest of it?
Strong catch and shoot player. Doesn't think he creates much separation... inefficient as a pull up scorer in SL. 8 of 31 on pull ups in SL. Settling for pull up jumpers...

Flashes of strong downhill drives... good at initiating contact... will get to the line a lot.

Big area of improvement - decision making with ball in his hand ... nice passes out of the PnR.

Incredibly positive performance... still areas to work on - decisionmaking, consistency of pull up jumper, continuing to get better with the balance between creating for himself and for teammates.

He does seem to think Keyonte's performance in SL has been overrated a bit.

Last edited:
Strong catch and shoot player. Doesn't think he creates much separation... inefficient as a pull up scorer in SL. 8 of 31 on pull ups in SL. Settling for pull up jumpers...

Flashes of strong downhill drives... good at initiating contact... will get to the line a lot.

Big area of improvement - decision making with ball in his hand ... nice passes out of the PnR.

Incredibly positive performance... still areas to work on - decisionmaking, consistency of pull up jumper, continuing to get better with the balance between creating for himself and for teammates.

He does seem to think Keyonte's performance in SL has been overrated a bit.
Him and Sam were pretty down on Keyonte (relative to others) so it's going to take a bit more to really convince him.