What's new

Keyonte George Hype & Appreciation Thread

Posted the tweet cause I had opened twitter just few minutes after Tony tweeted, so it was right there at the top of feed (problably wouldn't notice if not for it) and didn't looked after, but when I saw your reply I got curious (at the moment didn't even crossed my mind) and looked up for it, and he gave an update on them later.

View: https://twitter.com/Tjonesonthenba/status/1691590870091620571

Which is weird because I'm pretty sure some reporter said that if summer league had been 2 weeks later then both of these guys would have played. Apparently not.

Youre assuming we got this information in real time.
Obviously it was a prediction by Tony but he made it sound like they were already known to be healthy enough.

Utah Jazz insider Tony Jones was on ESPN 700 today and spoke about Utah’s promising young rookies and their injuries.
  • Taylor Hendricks and Brice Sensabaugh are fine. The reason they didn’t play was because they never got a practice. If Summer League had started two weeks later than it did, Hendricks and Sensabaugh would have played.

Obviously it was a prediction by Tony but he made it sound like they were already known to be healthy enough.

Yeah, we have no idea of exactly when Hendricks were cleared - would be very Jazz esque media coverage that he'd been out there for nearly a month, and now that there is the Keyonte George report, info is thrown like "oh yeah, the top 10 pick is back healthy too" - but the Sensabaugh one is even more strange.

Posted the tweet cause I had opened twitter just few minutes after Tony tweeted, so it was right there at the top of feed (problably wouldn't notice if not for it) and didn't looked after, but when I saw your reply I got curious (at the moment didn't even crossed my mind) and looked up for it, and he gave an update on them later.

View: https://twitter.com/Tjonesonthenba/status/1691590870091620571

Such a relief that we’re being told that his knee issues/surgery is minor. Otherwise, I might believe that sitting for 5 months could reflect that a problem exists.

Such a relief that we’re being told that his knee issues/surgery is minor. Otherwise, I might believe that sitting for 5 months could reflect that a problem exists.
I mean he's not been grounded in a cast. I suspect he is rehabbing and has been all along. There is no hurry with him right now because we don't have the playing time for him right now anyhow. He's going to get g-leagued to start the season until we figure out what to do with Tec and THT. . .

He's a guy with a long history of knee issues. THey are giving him actual time to rehab instead of rushing back like he has probably done his entire career. They might use this year as a rehab year to get his knee right. It's way too early to go full doomer until we see what he can do with NBA S&C.

I think the most valuable thing Keyonte bring will just be shooting. We dont have many quick triggers on the team.

Umm... I'd say Ochai, Lauri, Clarkson, even THT are all quick triggers. Sometimes too quick.
Lauri is quick but also 7 feet so he can get his off clean. I think with Key the combo of shooting quick and off the dribble is a huge addition because he pairs it with quickness off the dribble. Its a cheat code in basketball if you can do both... they have to crowd to prevent the shot which opens up the floor... if they drop off you can pullup quick.

Ochai doesn't have a quick trigger... and isn't much of a threat off the dribble. I think he will be good off of motion around screens at some point.