What's new

Keyonte George Hype & Appreciation Thread

Why not have Kessler destroy second units? Collins has been thriving in the new lineup.
Well, we still have never seen the Kessler, collins, lauri lineup with george rather than tht. Maybe collins still thrives and kessler does too. plus it seems like collins was playing well with kessler in the lineup. Seems like collins has played well all season long. (I could be wrong though. maybe collins struggled.)

Well, we still have never seen the Kessler, collins, lauri lineup with george rather than tht. Maybe collins still thrives and kessler does too. plus it seems like collins was playing well with kessler in the lineup. Seems like collins has played well all season long. (I could be wrong though. maybe collins struggled.)
It's not going to work.

You could have Steph Curry running point and it's still going to be underwhelming.

If I had to guess Walker comes back, the Jazz revert back to starting the big trio lineup, but they do a really quick sub out at like 9 minutes to get Ochai in for either Walker or Collins depending on the matchup.

Like the Walker/Collins lineup not only hurts the offense, it also hurts the defense.

Ochai was clearly our best option for guarding star wing players yesterday. You take him off as a starter and now you have more defensive mismatches. If we start Walker instead of Ochai in the Suns game, Booker would be eating at a buffet.

You can like Walker and like Collins and just admit it's not a good lineup. There's no objective view of the lineup that says it's a smart lineup if the Jazz are trying to win (which admittedly might not be the primary focus).

But who are we helping by starting Collins/Walker together. We are making everyone's lives harder on both ends.

I get it though. How do you bench Collins? He's playing well, he plays hard, and game to game he's been the most consistent player on the team. How do you bench Walker? Clearly he is likely to be the Jazz's best option for starting center for years to come unless a drastic change is made.

(and I now realize this is in the Keyonte appreciated thread, so very OT, but Keyonte is good and I appreciate him)

It's not going to work.

You could have Steph Curry running point and it's still going to be underwhelming.

If I had to guess Walker comes back, the Jazz revert back to starting the big trio lineup, but they do a really quick sub out at like 9 minutes to get Ochai in for either Walker or Collins depending on the matchup.
We will see soon. It could also be that guys were just struggling to start the year and had nothing to do with kessler. Sometimes guys slump. And as was stated, george is a whole new dynamic from tht.
Thing is, im fine either way. Hardy will decide and and i will ride.

We will see soon. It could also be that guys were just struggling to start the year and had nothing to do with kessler. Sometimes guys slump. And as was stated, george is a whole new dynamic from tht.
Thing is, im fine either way. Hardy will decide and and i will ride.
Some of us dont need to see because we watch ball.

It could work, like it could be a passable lineup, but it's not going to be better than the alternative lineup we could play where Ochai replaces one of them.

Some of us dont need to see because we watch ball.

It could work, like it could be a passable lineup, but it's not going to be better than the alternative lineup we could play where Ochai replaces one of them.
I guess will hardy doesn't know ball. Too bad. hopefully we get a coach who does some day.

No, I just dont think winning games now is the primary focus.
Ah, so then you think he will continue to start the 2nd year kessler to continue his development since development is the priority. Ya, maybe you have a point. i guess we will see what hardy does. At least you hedged your bets really well. Kessler starts and its just because hardy isn't focusing on wins. If kessler goes to the bench then its because hardy learned ball finally.
Well done. I see you ;)

Like the Walker/Collins lineup not only hurts the offense, it also hurts the defense.

Ochai was clearly our best option for guarding star wing players yesterday. You take him off as a starter and now you have more defensive mismatches. If we start Walker instead of Ochai in the Suns game, Booker would be eating at a buffet.

You can like Walker and like Collins and just admit it's not a good lineup. There's no objective view of the lineup that says it's a smart lineup if the Jazz are trying to win (which admittedly might not be the primary focus).

But who are we helping by starting Collins/Walker together. We are making everyone's lives harder on both ends.

I get it though. How do you bench Collins? He's playing well, he plays hard, and game to game he's been the most consistent player on the team. How do you bench Walker? Clearly he is likely to be the Jazz's best option for starting center for years to come unless a drastic change is made.

(and I now realize this is in the Keyonte appreciated thread, so very OT, but Keyonte is good and I appreciate him)
Collins OR Kessler should start every game, depending on our matchup. They should never ever start together.

Ochai and George should always start.

Keyonte is far surpassing my expectations as a point guard, and I was really high on him. He's exactly the type of player I was hoping we would have at point guard, I'm extremely hopeful.

imagine when he's stronger and a little more experienced in a couple years

Rough shooting night for Keyonte. He just seems to be having that little hesitation that comes with lack of confidence. He doesn't have that automatic killer mentality that he had in summer league.

Rough shooting night for Keyonte. He just seems to be having that little hesitation that comes with lack of confidence. He doesn't have that automatic killer mentality that he had in summer league.

Struggled shooting in college too. Hopefully SL wasnt an anomaly

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Struggled shooting in college too. Hopefully SL wasnt an anomaly

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app
Im pretty sure it wasnt. He takes good shots, his form looks good, his stroke looks good. He has a slightly flat arc, but not unheard of.

My feeling says he isnt missing most of his shots by much. Cant remember a single (non-blocked) airball and not many bricks either. I think he often hits the inside of the rim on his misses as well.

Just needs to get comfortable shooting in NBA games against NBA defenders. Cloud be that the only thing he needs is one crazy good shooting game where he just hits every shot. However as he is a rookie who creates a lot of his own looks so its going to be inconsistent even in the best case scenario.