What's new

Keyonte George Hype & Appreciation Thread

I would love to see some data on this.
I have no idea what the data would show but I feel a LeBron/Karl Malone body would be more durable than a Durant/AK body.
Literally no idea if this true though.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk
Blake Griffin and Corey Maggette were built like gods and both were extremely injury prone. The same goes for Derrick Rose and about a thousand other well built players.

Blake Griffin and Corey Maggette were built like gods and both were extremely injury prone. The same goes for Derrick Rose and about a thousand other well built players.
Exactly.
There are a thousand examples of everything here. Thats why I would like to see the data.

So Keyonte's TS% is literally among the worst in the NBA.

How realistic is it to expect that he'll rise from those depths and turn himself into an efficient scorer?

I mean anything is possible, I guess... but at this point we're aleady counting on this guy to become a major building block, if not an outright star, as well as making roster decisions where he's the one costant who will be here no matter what.

That's why you can't just keep using the "He was a 16th pick!!!" excuse. Wheels are in motion, bets are being made and stock is being bought.

What separates Keyonte George from Trey Burke?

SeasonAgeTmLgPosGMPPERTS%3PArFTrORB%DRB%TRB%AST%STL%BLK%TOV%USG%OWSDWSWSWS/48OBPMDBPMBPMVORP
2013-1421UTANBAPG70226212.6.473.375.1261.89.05.329.41.00.212.221.81.00.00.9.0200.0-2.6-2.6-0.4

SeasonAgeTmLgPosGMPPERTS%3PArFTrORB%DRB%TRB%AST%STL%BLK%TOV%USG%OWSDWSWSWS/48OBPMDBPMBPMVORP
2023-2420UTANBAPG2461810.4.500.530.3172.110.76.327.50.90.417.321.2-0.10.10.0.001-1.6-2.8-4.4-0.4

Trey's 30 point December game as a rookie (more than a third of the team's points, and they won)

Jazz media is saying Keyonte is a piece to championship team. I've heard that before! I know a lot of people are convinced, I'm just too jaded. He makes passes Trey never did, he's new to the point guard position, he shows flashes. But I need to see more.

When Derrick Rose was a rookie, you saw athleticism that was different. Same thing with Fox, Westbrook, Morant, etc. Keyonte looks small out there to me.

I think Keyonte is better than rookie Trey Burke, but he's closer to Burke than he is to Fox.

Hope I'm wrong. Admittedly I've watched about 30% of his minutes.

What separates Keyonte George from Trey Burke?

2013-1421UTANBAPG70226212.6.473.375.1261.89.05.329.41.00.212.221.81.00.00.9.0200.0-2.6-2.6-0.4

2023-2420UTANBAPG2461810.4.500.530.3172.110.76.327.50.90.417.321.2-0.10.10.0.001-1.6-2.8-4.4-0.4

Trey's 30 point December game as a rookie (more than a third of the team's points, and they won)

Jazz media is saying Keyonte is a piece to championship team. I've heard that before! I know a lot of people are convinced, I'm just too jaded. He makes passes Trey never did, he's new to the point guard position, he shows flashes. But I need to see more.

When Derrick Rose was a rookie, you saw athleticism that was different. Same thing with Fox, Westbrook, Morant, etc. Keyonte looks small out there to me.

I think Keyonte is better than rookie Trey Burke, but he's closer to Burke than he is to Fox.

Hope I'm wrong. Admittedly I've watched about 30% of his minutes.
Dude. Read the threat title and gtfo with that weak ****. Make your own thread to bash Key if you will.

Burke is 3" shorter, was 2 years older as a rookie, way worse passer (at any age) and Keyonte is already getting to the line at a higher rate than Trey ever has.

Burke is one of those rare specimen who achieved very little development after his decent rookie year, even if his shooting improved some over the years. He is not even a floor comp for Keyonte, unless Keyonte has already peaked.

Good point about getting to the free throw line. That does give me some hope.

I'd suggest NBA rookies that don't improve is not rare. Plenty of examples. It's the rare one that does.

Just a reminder that Trey Burke was the final piece that was going to lead the "Core Four" to glory!

Here's hoping Keyonte makes me look foolish!

Good point about getting to the free throw line. That does give me some hope.

I'd suggest NBA rookies that don't improve is not rare. Plenty of examples. It's the rare one that does.

Just a reminder that Trey Burke was the final piece that was going to lead the "Core Four" to glory!

Here's hoping Keyonte makes me look foolish!
Yeah its surprisingly common that players dont make leaps after good rookie years. But thats a doubt we can throw on any rookie, even the most talented and athletic ones.. so not really anything worth painting on the wall for Key.

this isn't about body frame and girth. Folks like Durant and Gobert are slim, but you never see them get pylon'd around. Even LeBron himself is fairly trim. What *is* a myth is thinking that non-contact injuries cannot be prevented by muscle strengthening.

- George
Gobert and Lebron are extremely built and developed muscular frames.

Dude. Read the threat title and gtfo with that weak ****. Make your own thread to bash Key if you will.

Burke is 3" shorter, was 2 years older as a rookie, way worse passer (at any age) and Keyonte is already getting to the line at a higher rate than Trey ever has.

Burke is one of those rare specimen who achieved very little development after his decent rookie year, even if his shooting improved some over the years. He is not even a floor comp for Keyonte, unless Keyonte has already peaked.
Burke was just as good at passing, if not better, than Keyonte as rookies.

Burke's game just did not translate to the NBA. He played slow and favored tough 2's over 3's. He couldnt draw fouls and couldnt finish in the paint. Keyonte at least favors 3's and can draw fouls, but he does play slow.

With hindsight the ******** on Burke is extremely easy, but he had his moments his rookie season that made you think he could turn the corner. I dont think they are comparable players, but they could have comparable careers if Keyonte doesnt improve. Burke has talked about his immaturity early in his career. Some young guys just dont take the opportunity as seriously as they should.

Burke was just as good at passing, if not better, than Keyonte as rookies.

Burke's game just did not translate to the NBA. He played slow and favored tough 2's over 3's. He couldnt draw fouls and couldnt finish in the paint. Keyonte at least favors 3's and can draw fouls, but he does play slow.

With hindsight the ******** on Burke is extremely easy, but he had his moments his rookie season that made you think he could turn the corner. I dont think they are comparable players, but they could have comparable careers if Keyonte doesnt improve. Burke has talked about his immaturity early in his career. Some young guys just dont take the opportunity as seriously as they should.

I have never been as hyped for a draft pick as I was with Burke. He showed a lot of glimpses his rookie year too and made the all-rookie team. I think his size was a big problem for him he was extremely undersized.

I hated the burke pick. Didn't want any part of him wherever we were picking
The fact that we traded up to get him really pissed me off.

I hated the burke pick. Didn't want any part of him wherever we were picking
The fact that we traded up to get him really pissed me off.

I was at the arena and everyone was so stoked about it when the rumors popped up online. I got up and walked right out. I was so pissed about the trade/pick.

So Keyonte's TS% is literally among the worst in the NBA.

How realistic is it to expect that he'll rise from those depths and turn himself into an efficient scorer?

I mean anything is possible, I guess... but at this point we're aleady counting on this guy to become a major building block, if not an outright star, as well as making roster decisions where he's the one costant who will be here no matter what.

That's why you can't just keep using the "He was a 16th pick!!!" excuse. Wheels are in motion, bets are being made and stock is being bought.
It is about time someone spoke truth here. Sad fact is there are only like 3 rookies that improved over the course of their careers in the NBA ever. Doc Rivers, Cedric Cebalos, and marginally, Xavier McDaniels. Every other player stayed steady of got worse.

It is about time someone spoke truth here. Sad fact is there are only like 3 rookies that improved over the course of their careers in the NBA ever. Doc Rivers, Cedric Cebalos, and marginally, Xavier McDaniels. Every other player stayed steady of got worse.
Maybe I’m not understanding what you’re referring to but if it’s TS% Donovan’s was not good his Rookie 54%, or 2nd year 53.6%. And was up to 60% last year that is a very large jump.
Right now Key is at 50% 1/3 of the way into his Rookie season. We can at least give him a little time to figure it out before jumping to any conclusions.

Maybe I’m not understanding what you’re referring to but if it’s TS% Donovan’s was not good his Rookie 54%, or 2nd year 53.6%. And was up to 60% last year that is a very large jump.
Right now Key is at 50% 1/3 of the way into his Rookie season. We can at least give him a little time to figure it out before jumping to any conclusions.
Sorry I was being sarcastic. .

Sorry I was being sarcastic. .
Ok that makes sense then. I thought that might be the case when looking at who had improved lol. was just looking at Dearron Fox. Wow he was terrible his Rookie year. 47% TS. Over 60% last year

Grayson Allen currently #9 in TS% in NBA and the only guard in the top 10 at 67%.