What's new

Keyonte George: Predict his season

Some claim to see a playmaker in Keyonte. I don't. I think he's exactly in the same vein as Clarkson, THT and Sexton.

It's not enough to try a flashy pass now and then (all those guys can do it too). To be a playmaker is to see the game of basketball in a certain way. You treat the team as your tool.

Nothing I've ever seen from Keyonte leads me to believe he has a future as a starting PG in this league. He's a small shooting guard who's not that great at shooting.

Remind you of anyone in particular?
Shocker lol.

Some claim to see a playmaker in Keyonte. I don't.
Yes, of course. But it's so much worse than you suggest.

Along with his clear inability to develop so, I just want to add to your adroit observation that it seems clear that he is harboring a despicable malice for our esteemed and venerable community.

Some claim he will be a good fit, but I don't see that at all. The possibility exists that he will become the most malignant, destructive professional athlete that has ever set foot in Utah.

Give me one good reason to be excited about Keyonte's prospects as an NBA point guard and I'll certainly consider reversing my opinion.

In the meantime, though... have to call it like I see it.
Show me one post of yours that is positive about something jazz related.

Yes, of course. But it's so much worse than you suggest.

Along with his clear inability to develop so, I just want to add to your adroit observation that it seems clear that he is harboring a despicable malice for our esteemed and venerable community.

Some claim he will be a good fit, but I don't see that at all. The possibility exists that he will become the most malignant, destructive professional athlete that has ever set foot in Utah.
Well done. No way can he/she beat that.

Some claim to see a playmaker in Keyonte. I don't. I think he's exactly in the same vein as Clarkson, THT and Sexton.

It's not enough to try a flashy pass now and then (all those guys can do it too). To be a playmaker is to see the game of basketball in a certain way. You treat the team as your tool.

Nothing I've ever seen from Keyonte leads me to believe he has a future as a starting PG in this league. He's a small shooting guard who's not that great at shooting.

Remind you of anyone in particular?
You are trying to label and bury a 19 year old who hasnt even appeared in a single regular season game?

And this criticism is coming from a guy who had Jalen Brunson and Tyrese Maxey in his list of NBA guards he likes. Remind me how they looked coming out of college and in their rookie years?

Last edited:
Give me one good reason to be excited about Keyonte's prospects as an NBA point guard and I'll certainly consider reversing my opinion.

In the meantime, though... have to call it like I see it.
I dont know... let me list some and see if you will just choose to ignore them all:
  • He was a SL standout and was selected to the 1st team even though he played just 2.5 games in Vegas (not a PG evidence, but still speaks of his potential)
  • Made 12 threes in 27 attempts for a hitrate of 44.4% and had 6.33 assists to 2.33 turnovers in the Vegas SL in 24 minutes per game (also 4.33 assists to 1.33 TO in SLC SL)
  • So far in the preseason he has better AST/TO ratio than: Scoot Henderson, Amen Thompson, Cason Wallace, Anthony Black and Kobe Bufkin, who were the lead guard prospects drafted ahead of him and include the top PG prospects of this draft class
  • So far in the preseason he has more assists per 36 than any of the guys above except Scoot. And its not close going down from those 2, since Scoot has 7.8 and Keyonte has 6.7 while Amen is 3rd with 4.6 (Wallace 4.1, Bufkin 3.5, Black 2.2).
    • Remember that Scoot has also played with the best players much more than George has, who has seen more minutes playing with the scrubs
  • Despite not shooting as well as he did in SL, he still has a better FG% than any of those guys except Scoot (who beats him by 3%)
  • He played against Scoot and looked more composed and better as a team player than Scoot who was just driving to the trees all day
Arent those reasons to be excited? The fact that only one who compares to him from what the top rookies have shown thus far with their NBA teams is Scoot (who has been better, but only marginally)

Last edited:
keyonte is going to be good later on. GMs label him as 2nd best steal in the draft. (Cam is 1st ) and for him to earn this preseason minutes says alot what FO thinks. Hardy is mixing him up with the regular guys while Hendricks is errr with the 3rd unit. and i dont think we need a traditional PG, those types dont win championships . hello conley, CP3

Show me one post of yours that is positive about something jazz related.
Sure, I can make one right now:

I'm happy I don't have to watch Taylor Hendricks much this season since the dude looks like a volleyball player who only has a hazy idea of how basketball works.

Positive enough for you?

Sure, I can make one right now:

I'm happy I don't have to watch Taylor Hendricks much this season since the dude looks like a volleyball player who only has a hazy idea of how basketball works.

Positive enough for you?
Exactly. You are incredibly predictable.

His body just looks incredibly undeveloped to me. Not saying he’s the player Kobe was, but I feel like Kobe was a little soft and skinny like this coming into the league. Which is probably a large reason why he didn’t get a ton of burn as a rookie. Hopefully this kid has a work ethic near the Mamba’s and can really work on this the next couple years.

His body just looks incredibly undeveloped to me. Not saying he’s the player Kobe was, but I feel like Kobe was a little soft and skinny like this coming into the league. Which is probably a large reason why he didn’t get a ton of burn as a rookie. Hopefully this kid has a work ethic near the Mamba’s and can really work on this the next couple years.
Creepy.