What's new

KO

large margin
Is this a new verb? Like bussin’?

Pee-wee-Tribute_LargeMarge.jpg

I totally groaned when the Jazz picked up KO. He had been one of my least favorite players since college. But like Clarkson, I have totally come around to appreciating both his game and his team-energy. I'm seeing Hoopshype and others saying there's a lot of interest from other teams for him. I would much prefer to keep him on the team unless we're getting some next-level talent. When the team is clicking the way it was against Dallas (who obviously spent the night before ringing in the New Year with 6.0 beer they snuck in on the plane) I'd much rather keep most of our current roster, let the wains develop and look forward to the next few drafts. I realize KO's contract, so y'all can leave off slagging me about how soon he might be gone anyway. Just interested in gauging the board's desire to keep him around if it could be worked out.
It all depends on what our (front office) intentions are for this season. Last year it looked like we were going to the playoffs and then the FO pulled back the reigns at the last minute - actually twice, first with the fire sale and then later more inconspicuously. Hardy left to his own devices will always go for the win - that’s the way that he’s wired and the way that it should be.

So if our intention is playoffs I agree with you. If we’re going to the dance we gotta go home with the ones that brung us and that means Olynyk and Clarkson.

Given our lack of leadership, how badly would trading him completely erase any semblance of such as well as a certain culture we’re looking to create? I’m not saying I love him as a player. I just wonder if his presence would be sorely missed.
Yeah it would hurt the locker room and it would also put more pressure on the guards to facilitate... and that might turn ugly.