What's new

Kris Humphries since All Star Break

If you don't think Humphries production didn't help with the trade you are kidding yourself. It probably would have happened anyway, but it sure does help to have someone as good, or better than the guy you plan on trading.

Well, I've never seen anything that indicates Humphries had a bearing on the DWill trade at all. If that's what you think, okay, but from what I've read/heard as I've taken an interest in the Nets since Deron went there, there's nothing to indicate that the Nets thought that if they didn't have Hump, they wouldn't have traded Favors et al for Deron.

From what I can tell, pre-DWill, the Nets (or the fans) were actually wary of Hump's production in a contract year in what was a sucky team. He'd have good games and bad but they were still pining for somebody more proven like soon-to-be FA David West. In the so-called DWill era and with the Nets winning, Hump's better rebounding and brute force is figuring to be a better fit, especially next to Brook Lopez, a 7-foot finesse scoring center (inside/out, definitely not in a Memo-ish way) who's a subpar rebounder.