What's new

KSL bans Hannibal

This is ********. I don't have any interest in watching the show but the LDS choke hold in Utah is ridiculous. If viewers find shows too violent or inappropriate, they don't have to watch it. There's no reason to make that decision for them. **** the LDS church. No offense to anyone who's a member.

This is ********. I don't have any interest in watching the show but the LDS choke hold in Utah is ridiculous. If viewers find shows too violent or inappropriate, they don't have to watch it. There's no reason to make that decision for them. **** the LDS church. No offense to anyone who's a member.

Totally made me lol. No offense taken. Also, if KSL doesn't want to air some of NBC's programming, they apparently don't have to. Maybe at some point NBC will just get pissed and threaten to drop KSL, but until then, KSL will do as they see fit.

Man I would be pissed if I lived there. Not that I even care about this show but because some moralizing group controls a major affiliate and makes decisions like this.

But from the article it appears it will be on another OTA station. That's odd. Why do they care that it's on their NBC affiliate but don't care it's on another affiliate?

Actually NBC shares a lot of the blame here too. NBC should have made it mandatory in their contract that all affiliates have to show what they show in primetime or whatever. This would be like going to a McDonald's franchise that doesn't serve a Big Mac for some reason, and the parent corp. doing nothing about it.

Man I would be pissed if I lived there. Not that I even care about this show but because some moralizing group controls a major affiliate and makes decisions like this.

But from the article it appears it will be on another OTA station. That's odd. Why do they care that it's on their NBC affiliate but don't care it's on another affiliate?

The same reason why you can't go shopping on Sunday's but they can have restaurants opened in their malls...

The same reason why you can't go shopping on Sunday's but they can have restaurants opened in their malls...

"We" can't go shopping on Sundays? Damn the luck! I swear I bought two gallons of milk from Holiday Oil just last Sunday -- in my suit and tie, no less. And since when do I own a mall?

Ooooh, I get it... You're being your ignorant dumbass self... Gotcha. I'll play along too! "OMG, Teh Mormonz took all of my BEERZ and SMOKEZ! They use their HORNZ0RZ to herd all of their WIVEZ (LOL!!1) into the corral's they ALL have in their back yardz to do that CULT thing!!11 Oh my Glob, how dume can they all bee?!"

There. That felt awesome. Should we do Teh Jewz or Teh Islamz next?!

Feel free to post an example of my sub par reading comprehension skills.

Dude, your posts reek of stupidity. People don't call you Beanclown for no reason.

EDIT: Also get your sarcasm detector checked. I was actually agreeing with your point that KSL not showing Hannibal isn't a big deal. Can you comprehend that?

"We" can't go shopping on Sundays? Damn the luck! I swear I bought two gallons of milk from Holiday Oil just last Sunday -- in my suit and tie, no less. And since when do I own a mall?

Ooooh, I get it... You're being your ignorant dumbass self... Gotcha. I'll play along too! "OMG, Teh Mormonz took all of my BEERZ and SMOKEZ! They use their HORNZ0RZ to herd all of their WIVEZ (LOL!!1) into the corral's they ALL have in their back yardz to do that CULT thing!!11 Oh my Glob, how dume can they all bee?!"

There. That felt awesome. Should we do Teh Jewz or Teh Islamz next?!

Wow, I hit a nerve didn't I? I don't care what you do. I try not to go shopping on Sundays, as I am LDS. I just find it funny. There is an exception to EVERY rule.

I went to a funeral of a neighbor and close friend of Elder Holland's. The neighbor committed suicide. He was buried in his temple garments and Elder Holland said he would meet his family in the celestial kingdom. I don't understand what that poor man went through to drive him to suicide, but that's not my job to understand. It is what it is. An exception to the rule.

The point is, there are exceptions, and don't get too worked up about them. Your testimony/opinion shouldn't be based on exceptions to the rule. KSL won't air a show, but a sister station will? It is the exception that KSL has agreed to do business in Utah. Same with no shopping on Sunday, but then having a restaurant use your facilities to be open on Sunday. It's no biggie. It is what it is.

That's the whole point of the Holy Ghost, right?

Dude, your posts reek of stupidity. People don't call you Beanclown for no reason.

EDIT: Also get your sarcasm detector checked. I was actually agreeing with your point that KSL not showing Hannibal isn't a big deal. Can you comprehend that?

Calm down dude.

Calm down dude.

tumblr_ltla9km9ab1qic2kco1_r1_500.png

Actually NBC shares a lot of the blame here too. NBC should have made it mandatory in their contract that all affiliates have to show what they show in primetime or whatever. This would be like going to a McDonald's franchise that doesn't serve a Big Mac for some reason, and the parent corp. doing nothing about it.

My thoughts exactly.

It's not a big deal that the LDS church has a stranglehold on the lives of Utahns? Sure this is a small thing but it's evidence of a larger systemic issue.