What's new

Kyrie to Boston (Official)

wow and Ainge wouldnt even trade us Crowder unless we threw in a first rounder in a S n T fro hayward and then he gives up the farm for Irving. wow

Cleveland is looking better.

Nice trade for Cleveland. A lottery pick, Crowder, Zizic played well in Euroleague and is young, and if Thomas can stay healthy, I look forward to seeing his PPG numbers.

Cleveland is going to embarrass the C's when they match up. Both Lebron and IT will be out for blood. Hayward will be guarded by either Lebron or Crowder which will be a fun night for him.

Boston just made a trade for the 5th best point guard. See Wall, Curry, Harden, Westbrook.
They gave up a top 8 point guard and a 6th man on the year candidate. A highly rated euro, oh and the possible #1 pick next year.
Boston just got worse. Cleveland just set themselves up after LeBron leaves. And they got better this year.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

How? Kyrie, Hayward and Horford aint winning ****.EVER.

Yep, not when that's all they have. They've lost Thomas, Bradley, Crowder, Olynyk, and Amir Johnson this offseason (and Jerebko, heh). Their roster is razor thin. And Horford has already been declining the last 2 seasons. They're going to need Tatum to have a Grant Hill level rookie season to keep up with last year's success.

losing both Crowder and Bradley is HUGE If i was a Celtics fan i'd be livid. I'm sure glad Betrayward enjoys his "better basketball situation"

Do the Celtics really think Kyrie is "the man" they've been waiting for ????

celtics perimeter D gonna suck minus Bradley, Crowder (Kyrie only slightly better than IT).

Baynes and Horford to defend rim -- will they use draft assets to add a legit 5?

This is going to be a bottom 5 defensive team, and I'm not sure they have the offensive firepower to offset. Might wind up mediocre, maybe drop from top 8ish to top 14ish.

Of course in the east that is a 3-5 seed.

celtics perimeter D gonna suck minus Bradley, Crowder (Kyrie only slightly better than IT).

Baynes and Horford to defend rim -- will they use draft assets to add a legit 5?

This is going to be a bottom 5 defensive team, and I'm not sure they have the offensive firepower to offset. Might wind up mediocre, maybe drop from top 8ish to top 14ish.

Of course in the east that is a 3-5 seed.

They still have Jaylen Brown and Hayward on the perimeter. That's pretty good defensively at the 2 and 3.

Boston just made a trade for the 5th best point guard. See Wall, Curry, Harden, Westbrook.
They gave up a top 8 point guard and a 6th man on the year candidate. A highly rated euro, oh and the possible #1 pick next year.
Boston just got worse. Cleveland just set themselves up after LeBron leaves. And they got better this year.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

From a RPM standpoint, comparing only Kyrie and IT...it's basically a wash.
Kyrie and IT are (by a wide margin) the two worst defensive point guards in the NBA.
IT: -3.89 DRPM
KI: -2.73 DRPM

Both are good scorers but *** awful defensively.

Overall though, I agree that Cleveland got the better end of the deal. The loss of both Crowder and Bradley this offseason is a bigger deal than most fans realize...Celtics will be worse than they were last year. I like it.

I like Kyrie, but putting up clutch performances against defenders like IT and Steph isn't something that other guys couldn't do. Cavs sold high. That BK pick might net the best player in the trade if it ends up in the top 4 or 5.

Urgent recall notice issued:

2KWhoops.jpg

Also, the Cavs just traded the #1 pick for the #60 pick plus filler.

They still have Jaylen Brown and Hayward on the perimeter. That's pretty good defensively at the 2 and 3.

More importantly, Marcus Smart, if he gets much burn at the 2.

Hayward is plus but big drop from AB.

Jaylen has tools, not sure his defensive effectiveness early in career. Could be good.

If not bottom 5, certainly bottom 10 (unless Ainge plugs gaps with a rim protector)

Nope. Haywood is a below average defensive player...
Ranks 40th among Small Forwards in Defensive RPM -0.08.
Nice try.

I'll defend Cy a bit. DRPM has never been kind to Haywood, but I think he is better than this metric indicates. He is def above average and I'd put him top quartile.