What's new

LAL and LAC will not be finishing 2 - 3 in the West

I have a scorching hot take:

The Nuggets/Lakers series will be close. Assuming we hold on to the 1 seed, when we get to Round 2 we will be playing a team coming off a long, hard-fought series.

The #1 seed was super important but only if it meant we had to play one LA team. It’d still be beneficial but it’s kinda whatevs now.

It looks obvious that without LeBron, the Lakers won't get out of the first round and might not make it out of the playoff for the playoffs. However, he will be back unless he is reinjured.

At this point, it's not ridiculous to start thinking about the Jazz dropping to third.

I still think they have a better shot at the first-seed than falling to third but I also would have had last night pegged a win and they went out and played like *** for three quarters.

Frankly, it doesn't matter where the Jazz finish. The only difference, I guess, will be whether they get bounced in the first or second round. But they're not going beyond that.

At this point, it's not ridiculous to start thinking about the Jazz dropping to third.

I still think they have a better shot at the first-seed than falling to third but I also would have had last night pegged a win and they went out and played like *** for three quarters.

Frankly, it doesn't matter where the Jazz finish. The only difference, I guess, will be whether they get bounced in the first or second round. But they're not going beyond that.
Can you tell me about the team that is going past the second round because they haven't had a bad loss recently?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

The Mavericks are 1.5 games behind the Lakers and own the tie-breaker. The Mavericks have one loss more than the Lakers, while having 10 remaining games with the Lakers having 12. Here are their respective schedules:

Mavericks:

@Sacramento Kings
@Golden State Warriors
Washington Wizards
@Miami Heat
Cleveland Cavaliers
@Cleveland Cavaliers
@Memphis Grizzlies
New Orleans Pelicans
Toronto Raptors
@Minnesota Timberwolves

Lakers:

@Orlando Magic
@Washington Wizards
Sacramento Kings
Toronto Raptors
Denver Nuggets
@Los Angeles Clippers
@Portland Trail Blazers
Phoenix Suns
New York Knicks
Houston Rockets
@Indiana Pacers
@New Orleans Pelicans

Could get close to a of dream seeding of...

1. UTA
2. PHX
3. LAC
4. DEN
5. DAL
6. LAL
7. POR
8. MEM

The Portland Sinking Stonezers
I'd prefer not to have them in the first round. I'm aware of their terrible record against top teams, but that'd be a tough first round matchup. I want Memphis or San Antonio.

I'd prefer not to have them in the first round. I'm aware of their terrible record against top teams, but that'd be a tough first round matchup. I want Memphis or San Antonio.
It’s hard for me to choose to go up against Pop. I fear he still has enough magic and genius.

Would be fun watching carmelo and kanter be the jazz secret weapons doe

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

At this point I'm pretty sure we'll be finishing 3rd. Not sure if there are enough games for us to drop any further.

At this point I'm pretty sure we'll be finishing 3rd. Not sure if there are enough games for us to drop any further.
Eh, 3rd seems unlikely to me.

We would have to lose 4 more games than the Clippers to finish 3rd. With only 11 games left, that sort of collapse would be kind of impressive actually.