What's new

Las Vegas Summer League thread

It's a good thing Brantley caught fire from the 3pt line cuz he was absolute garbo when finishing layups and attempts underneath the basket. lol

Btw when I was watching Dok shooting free-throws during warm ups, he'd be hitting them easily like 8 out of 10. I think it's all in his head during an actual game.

Will have to go watch the replay of this one at some point as it sounds like it may have been a fun one.

Dok and forest amazing as usual. Ride pine whiteside.

Are the jazz undefeated this summer?

Did anyone else find it annoying that all game long they kept praising the heats defense, all the while the jazz for most of the game killed it on that side?

Forrest averaging 15/7/7 over 3 games in Vegas. He has been so consistent
I don't understand why the Jazz didn't sign Forrest to a regular NBA contract and ditch Oni. I think Forrest has shown more NBA talent than Oni has ever done. It was nice to see Hughes play better and Doka just was great. Brantley is very frustrating for sure but he had his moments. The one thing keeping Forrest from playing minutes in the NBA is his inconsistent Jump shot/3pt. He is a very good passer and rebounder for his position.

I don't understand why the Jazz didn't sign Forrest to a regular NBA contract and ditch Oni. I think Forrest has shown more NBA talent than Oni has ever done. It was nice to see Hughes play better and Doka just was great. Brantley is very frustrating for sure but he had his moments. The one thing keeping Forrest from playing minutes in the NBA is his inconsistent Jump shot/3pt. He is a very good passer and rebounder for his position.
Because by doing so they get a good player whose salary doesn't count against the salary cap, earn less and saves a roster spot. If you can get NBA caliber players on two-ways, you do it. Sucks for the player but it's good for the team ( specially one in luxury tax hell). I expect the team to cut one more player with partially guaranteed money for those same reasons and bring a project on a two way.