What's new

Lauri Markkanen Hype & Appreciation Thread

Good stuff.

Kessler ranks 4th for high volume rim protectors (behind Lopez and essentially tied with Claxton and Zubac) and Lauri ranks 8th (essentially tied with #6 Sabonis and #7 Capela).

Lauri also ranks 5th in DFG% and FG% differential inside 6 feet.
View attachment 13531

Quite impressive rim numbers for a guy Chicago kept in the corner shooting 3s....
Lauri making pretty strong arguments for being included in the all-star game.

Lauri making pretty strong arguments for being included in the all-star game.
Tbh I think he needs a few statement games (35/10ish) or we need to improve our standing for him to get in.

He has been awesome, but the AS is more about raw numbers and big nights than efficiency. This equal opportunity system we have might end up denying him.

I hope it doesnt. I truely hope he gets noticed by people outside Utah..

I think he’s a lock.
He should be but AS game selection is generally more about marketability and absurd numbers and not impact on winning. We also have like 1-2 guys that get in on legacy or just popularity that shouldn't be there.

They need to add 1 more spot for each conference imo... maybe more.

He should be but AS game selection is generally more about marketability and absurd numbers and not impact on winning. We also have like 1-2 guys that get in on legacy or just popularity that shouldn't be there.

If the game was not in Utah he may not make it, but with the game in Utah he's a lock.

Lauri's only going to get in if the Jazz are a top 6 seed.

NBA is too deep. If you are out of the playoffs you are missing the ASG unless you have insane stats. Lauri does not have insane stats.

NBA is too deep. If you are out of the playoffs you are missing the ASG unless you have insane stats. Lauri does not have insane stats.
Yeah, I think him getting in depends on how Utah is doing.

I could see him getting in as an injury replacement since the game is in Utah regardless of how we are doing though.

Yeah, I think him getting in depends on how Utah is doing.

I could see him getting in as an injury replacement since the game is in Utah regardless of how we are doing though.
I think he has a legitimate case over the other guys. 4 out of the 8 listed are locks... Lebron, AD, Zion, Jokic - Then two (or three) of Grant, Sabonis, Wiggins, Lauri get in. Grant and Sabonis may split votes with teammates... GS has been bad... I think Lauri is better than 50% unless he sustains an injury. None of those guys have a huge numbers advantage.

Yeah. I don't really like his chances.

Markennen does have better stats than wiggins though and the jazz are in the playoff hunt while the warriors are not.