What's new

Lauri Markkanen, no longer considered untouchable?

Yeah it's hard to let go and it's hard to let Steph down, but they should be sellers, not buyers.
I might agree but the only thing they have to sell with a lot of value is the young guys and Steph. Cashing in on Steph would be wild. I don't see Dunleavy and the arrogant "light years ahead" ownership group diving head first into a rebuild.

Both sides being hesitant is kind of where the deal zone is imo. Are Kuminga/Moody going to carry them to more relevance in the future than teaming Lauri up with Steph?
Not sure, but and they'd do it for those two alone no question, but giving up so much future draft capital as well is a mighty big gamble.

True, their rebuild will be long and painful.
I also think there is a chance that Lauri may not re-sign there. They don't have the space to do a renegotiate and extend deal. So would have to wait until he's a FA. Its a terrible city to live in with a family right now (would feel bad about that). If Steph looks like he's fading and they aren't looking good in the future... why stay there? Taxes and cost of living are horrible too.

The uncertainty may be what makes them not offer up what I outlined. They've avoided cashing in future firsts too... so they may just ride out some mediocre years.

Not sure, but and they'd do it for those two alone no question, but giving up so much future draft capital as well is a mighty big gamble.
It is... and they may pass because of that. I think the draft capital is obviously more meaningful than the players but I'd want the players too. I wouldn't want them swinging other deals or have those guys really play well and keep them afloat.

But your basically saying Markkanen is more valuable than Mitchell?
To the Jazz? Yes. To other teams? Maybe.

If Mitchell wanted to stay with the Jazz and liked it here we would not trade him.

We got more than 3 picks for Mitchell. Are you really this stupid? 3 late round 1st is not even close to enough for Lauri. Keep in mind we got Lauri for Mitchell along with 3 1st, 2 swaps, 1 more 1st from the previous draft in Agbaji, and Sexton.

You've been a Lauri hater since day 1. At this point I think you might be a Jazz hater now. That's what you sound like. Maybe just self loathing.

I have no interest in trading Lauri. The whole timeline excuse is dumb. He’s not 28.5 or 29.5 years old. He’s 26.5. He should have another six+ peak years in him. And if we trade him we don’t have one top 2-3 player on a title contending team. Not one. He’s clearly one. We have that. We just need to develop the rookies and turn Keyonte into player 2 on a title contending team.

If I’m trading anyone it’s John Collins and if he starts playing better, possibly, Walker Kessler.

Trading away a guy guarantees nothing. What might it net us? The 9th pick? How does that guarantee anything? How amazing has Hendricks been? The 3rd pick? How was Kanter? The 5th pick? How was Exum?

We have a legit stud now. We just need to exhibit patience and not so simply develop the young guys and nail drafts.

I have no interest in trading Lauri. The whole timeline excuse is dumb. He’s not 28.5 or 29.5 years old. He’s 26.5. He should have another six+ peak years in him. And if we trade him we don’t have one top 2-3 player on a title contending team. Not one. He’s clearly one. We have that. We just need to develop the rookies and turn Keyonte into player 2 on a title contending team.

If I’m trading anyone it’s John Collins and if he starts playing better, possibly, Walker Kessler.

Trading away a guy guarantees nothing. What might it net us? The 9th pick? How does that guarantee anything? How amazing has Hendricks been? The 3rd pick? How was Kanter? The 5th pick? How was Exum?

We have a legit stud now. We just need to exhibit patience and not so simply develop the young guys and nail drafts.
Agreed. I don't want to trade him either

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

If you trade Lauri for a haul of draft capital, then every single year for the next six years you can package assets and move up. Potentially quality or even a potential all-star is in the mix every year. It could be an insane return (not Lauri by himself but the collective effect).

I'm extremely bipolar when it comes to Lauri.
At any given point in time I'm like... why would you trade 6-8 years of Lauri for 3-4 great picks and to truly tank for a few years... then a few minutes later I'm like... yeah what are we even building here... how do we get a better player than Lauri to pair with Lauri while in his prime?

This **** is hard.