What's new

Leftist attacks Conservative on UC Berkeley Campus

For all we know those could be fake hate crimes or mislabeled perpetrators.

Or they could be accurately described. But, hey, it's the Post Truth era. You can believe whatever makes you comfortable or whatever supports your core belief on the subject. Each incident can likely be examined more closely, to ascertain the facts, but, again, it's the Post Truth era, so we don't really need to do that; we don't really need verifiable "facts" anymore.

Dont blame me. Blame yourself for supporting and defending hackery bipartisan news coverage

OK, I don't blame you, lol....

Or they could be accurately described. But, hey, it's the Post Truth era. You can believe whatever makes you comfortable or whatever supports your core belief on the subject. Each incident can likely be examined more closely, to ascertain the facts, but, again, it's the Post Truth era, so we don't really need to do that; we don't really need verifiable "facts" anymore.

OK, I don't blame you, lol....

Right, there were mountains of "facts" that Trump was a Russian assett. And now.....nothing. Just, woops, we made an error.

The fault of The Post Truth Era isn't to be put squarely on the shoulders of the receivers, viewers, regular people, etc.. People lie, news outlets lie, have biases, and make mistakes. Those are the only facts that we can be sure of. Its not the fault of the people that that is happening and they have noticed. It is natural to be skeptical now. Or at least it should be.

The Post Truth Era should be real evidence that the TV, Newspapers, etc had a profound effect on people's thinking Pre Truth Era. Think about it, less sources of info means more of an inline thinking. Now people have sources of info coming from anyone and everywhere. People's lies are more readily exposed too.

So when Im harping on the "leftists news" its for a reason. Its brainwashing on a mass scale. Its disturbing.

If the "news" want their credibility back they need to start taking reporting accurately seriously and stop trying to just be first. Stop with the bipartisan news coverage, and own up to every single one of your mistakes.

But that isnt what they are doing. They actually still believe they can pull fast ones on the public. Its works on some people, but not on whole lot of other people. They have that politician delusion where they think they can say one thing and just pretend they never said that later on. Except now people are 10 seconds away from googling and fact checking their dumb asses and see what they really said. Its amazing that they think they can get away with it.

Right, there were mountains of "facts" that Trump was a Russian assett. And now.....nothing. Just, woops, we made an error.

I really doubt this. You have not seen the full report, which is at least 300 pages long. There will indeed be evidence of collusion. Mueller could not prove it, but it does not mean we will not see evidence. Some of it, much of it, was right out in the public, and AG Barr indicated there were instances the public is not yet aware of. So, we shall see, and I doubt very much your celebration dance will really stand to the degree you think it will.

The Post Truth Era should be real evidence that the TV, Newspapers, etc had a profound effect on people's thinking Pre Truth Era. Think about it, less sources of info means more of an inline thinking. Now people have sources of info coming from anyone and everywhere. People's lies are more readily exposed too.

As I suspected, you're just not thinking hard enough to understand what the Post Truth era implies. It applies, for instance, to scientific truth, not just news, or politics. As well, it implies granting presidents the ability to make up their own facts, something Trump is quite comfortable with. In the last analysis, it implies the complete lack of a consensus reality in any human realm. You fail to understand that, and that surprises me not in the least. The gist of the implications is right there in my signature, words borrowed from Timothy Snyder, from his booklet "On Tyranny". I am afraid these things just go right over your head.

"If nothing is true, then no one can criticise power, because there is no basis upon which to do so".

To achieve such a state of affairs is why authoritarians attack a free press; this is why authoritarians attack truth. We see this already in Trump's post Mueller Big Lie: the Mueller probe was an attempted coup, an attempt to overthrow the government, by American traitors. You will no doubt fail to see this Big Lie as it stares you in the face. All of this goes right over your head, sorry to say. I hold out hope you will wake up to these facts some day. In the meantime you support the most un-American president in our history. That is how far removed you are from the reality of our situation.