What's new

Leftist attacks Conservative on UC Berkeley Campus

Lol.

You seem to be mad that there are a number of members on this forum who are anti-Trump. Yet, that is their right. There are a lot of political threads, threads involving Trump, on this general discussion section of this forum. In a different political era, that might not be the case. In the age of Trump, it's probably to be expected. And you are not forbidden from presenting a perspective that you feel is more accurate, or fairer in your estimation. If a number of people disagree with your opinions, and say as much, it's no different they you replying with your own retorts to their threads or comments. You seem to be angry because you feel this general discussion area is lopsided against your perspective. But, whose fault is that? If it's true at all, there is no fault to be assigned. It simply is what it is. On the national scale, the core of Trump support only stands at about 35% or so. We should not be surprised if threads or comments here reflect that percentage.

If you think it will help, or you believe it will make you happy, post away with your "leftist attack videos". Who's stopping you? You should expect to get opinions that will offer perspectives different then your own, but so what?

Your angry because you see a lopsided perspective? Really? But isn't that anger just a form of being a crybaby? You seem to want actual control over what is posted. But if there are more anti-Trump comments, thems the breaks. You'll have to either live with that, or try to create a balance through sheer volume of the type of videos you can find.

I would suggest that you simply post your views, there are others who do agree with your views, and don't worry about doing a tally to see how many conservative comments there are, and how many liberal. How many far right, how many far left. I don't think such a tally is of any import at all.

If you can't post your views without also crying over the fact that people post views you don't like, that's on you. Not anybody else. It's on you.

If you guys would just admit that there is a heavily weighted left leaning slant to most the media, and admit that they try to push a narrative, rush to put out claims of injustice, skew the news, etc,..And you could still say you are in favor of it because it serves a greater good, I would be able to see your points of view much easier. And the tone would change. But when you just simply deny reality and expect me to go along with your delusional reality it brings outs all this.

If you guys would just admit that there is a heavily weighted left leaning slant to most the media, and admit that they try to push a narrative, rush to put out claims of injustice, skew the news, etc,..

It's always funny when the delusional say "If only you would acknowledge my delusion is real, we'd get along great", you not even the first poster on this board to make the request.

MSNBC does have a left-leaning slant. CNN has a sensationalism slant; they would have reacted with just as much coverage is a well-known right-wing persona (say Kelsey Grammar) claimed to have been attacked by a person in an Antifa get-up. The Times and the Post are slightly less sensationalistic, but both are effectively lap dogs for conservative and liberal politicians alike (Trump being an exception). Both have opinion columns on the left and right side of the aisle.

CNN has a sensationalism slant; they would have reacted with just as much coverage is a well-known right-wing persona (say Kelsey Grammar) claimed to have been attacked by a person in an Antifa get-up.
Can you show any examples of CNN handling a conservative story in this way. Again and again and again, through administration after administration, their coverage is heavily weighted to the left. They have a liberal slant and it is extreme. The fact that you can't see it is amazing.

Can you show any examples of CNN handling a conservative story in this way. Again and again and again, through administration after administration, their coverage is heavily weighted to the left. They have a liberal slant and it is extreme. The fact that you can't see it is amazing.

It is not extreme. Come on. Yes there is some bais. But it is substantially less than other outlets like MSNBC

This is who the left really is. They arent the victims. They are the perpetrators

For the sake of argument, I'll say there are more attacks on MAGA or Trump supporters then attacks by MAGA supporters. This would not surprise me at all. And the reason it would not is because anti-Trump people will, in my view quite understandably, associate MAGA with the hateful, hateful, hateful, hateful rhetoric and actions of one Donald J. Trump. Who among leading political figures on the left is promoting hateful, hateful, rhetoric? If one says Rep. Maxine Waters, you'll just make me laugh. Not even remotely close. I know who has the biggest soapbox in this country. Would it really be any wonder if there were a greater number of attacks on MAGA supporters, given these facts? Well, I don't think so, but that's just how I see it.

The Cult of Trump encourages hatred toward fellow Americans and foreigners both. The Cult of Trump is one ugly movement. And groups like the Proud Boys relish this hatred, and relish violence, and they contribute to it at times. Opponents understand this is the truth.

Violence cannot be condoned. Ever. But it can be seen as a natural result of what Donald Trump has unleashed in this country.

The leading political figure of all political figures, our Commander-in Chief, the Chief Executive of the executive branch of our federal government, is leading the charge where hateful rhetoric is concerned. And we can point to his actions as well, as being symbolic of his absolutely mean spirited approach to individuals and institutions that do not agree with him, at all times. Now he would strip Congress of the power of the purse.

I do not condone violence from anybody, or from any end of the political spectrum. I have been present when violent confrontations occurred at demonstrations during the Civil Rights era, and the Vietnam era. I did not condone such violence then, and I don't condone it now.

It is not extreme. Come on. Yes there is some bais. But it is substantially less than other outlets like MSNBC
Being less biased than MSNBC is like being less crapily managed than the Sacramento Kings. Virtually everyone can accomplish that.

ABC, CBS, NBC and even PBS have a liberal bias to some degree. It's not just MSNBC. Stephen Colbert has devoted the Late Show to mocking and bashing Trump for at least 30 minutes a night for the last 2+ years whether there's any substantive content or not. Clearly there's a bias and an agenda among the commercial networks. Fox, however, is very pro-Republican and more often than not pro-Tump.

On the one hand, these networks are pandering for ratings. On the other hand, they're trying to frame and control the public discourse. They set clear boundaries on which topics can and cannot be discussed.

ABC, CBS, NBC and even PBS have a liberal bias to some degree. It's not just MSNBC. Stephen Colbert has devoted the Late Show to mocking and bashing Trump for at least 30 minutes a night for the last 2+ years whether there's any substantive content or not. Clearly there's a bias and an agenda among the commercial networks. Fox, however, is very pro-Republican and more often than not pro-Tump.

On the one hand, these networks are pandering for ratings. On the other hand, they're trying to frame and control the public discourse. They set clear boundaries on which topics can and cannot be discussed.
I wonder if there is a reason for the liberal bias.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I feel like PBS does its best to be fair to both sides.

I wonder if there is a reason for the liberal bias.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app
I think it's because liberals do a very good job of making people believe that their emotional based appeal is actually an intellectual based appeal. Liberals are also very skilled at shaming people for having conservative opinions. Many conservatives are cautious about expressing their real political opinions in public because they don't enjoy being called racist or having their intelligence and morals questioned, especially when they know that these attacks are not even remotely related to the reasons that they hold the opinions that they do. This is one reason that the conservative vote often turns out to be larger than polling numbers indicate.

I'm glad the media has a liberal bias. Imagine if they had to give the right's brain-dead ideas the same air time as rational ideas? Imagine giving NPCD the same platform as intelligent, educated people. Absurd.