Votes: 0 0.0%
  • football

• volley ball

• wrestling

• Total voters
Not really the point - just a hypothetical. Does the game of football in and of itself have enough excitement to sustain a season as long as some of the other major sports.

I find football painfully boring if I'm not emotionally invested in the game. It's way too long and has far too many stoppages in play.

Are you serious?

Football is by far the best sport to watch.

This post brought to you by UGLI baby

I think American Football and Soccer are actually similar in the manner, that massive consume of alcoholic beverages increase the fun you have watching.
With basketball I really hate drinking, it's simply too fast to keep track then.

Not really the point - just a hypothetical. Does the game of football in and of itself have enough excitement to sustain a season as long as some of the other major sports.

I find football painfully boring if I'm not emotionally invested in the game. It's way too long and has far too many stoppages in play.

I would argue yes. Football is the one sport (in America) that is more popular than the NBA. I think there is enough action on field to keep people tuned in for an 80 game season.

As for being emotionally invested. Well I am mostly that way about basketball and football. If the Jazz or Broncos are not playing than I am not watching. I will occasionally watch a Grizzlies (NBA) game.

I have yet to get into NASCAR-- but I'm sure I could get into it. I used to hate football and baseball, but now I enjoy watching games of both sports.

I feel like I can watch any game of any sport if I give enough time to get into it.

I think the 'sport' that irritates me most is UFC, mostly because it has taken the limelight away from boxing, a way more awesome sport IMO. Sucks that boxing isn't what it used to be. Loved watching Tyson, Gatti/Ward, and RJJ with my dad growing up.

Roy jones jr was my favorite athelete for quite a few years... . Must see tv whenever he fought

wish my wife knew what the yellow first down line even was. :(

Yeah, I dunno if she knew wtf it was for it was more of a "hey where's the yellow line thingy?"

It's funny how much girls can struggle to understand football.

I know a girl who has gone to Utes games for years, claims to be a huge fan, and still gets confused when the punting team comes on the field.

"I just don't get why they just randomly kick it to the other team. Like, how do they know when they have to kick it to them? I understand field goals but not when they just kick it like this."

WTF.

She claims to understand what downs are but I gave up on trying to explain punting.

An interesting perspective.

Average duration of an NFL game = 3:05, with approximately 20 minutes of actual action. An 11% "active play to total time" ratio. If you count the huddles and returning to the line of scrimmage while the clock is running, you get 33% (60 minutes)
Basketball: 2:18, 60, 43%
Hockey: 2:21, 60, 43%
Soccer: 1:48, 90, 83%
Baseball: 2:52, ?, ?
Bordelais7: 0:30, 30, 100%

Baseball is tough to quantify; more than any other sport there is that "game within the game". And of course with many of the above, there is argument to be had about the "quality" of the action.

wish my wife knew what the yellow first down line even was. :(

My wife doesn't really care about basketball or football but she indulges me. Took me to see the Jazz V. Clips on 12/28. The one where the Jazz blew the 19 point lead to lose it in the 4th. She wears Broncos and Jazz gear also.

Are you serious?

Football is by far the best sport to watch.

I tend to agree but I do wish there were less commercials, punts ending in a fair catch, touchbacks, and I wish they would just eliminate extra points all together.

The worst is when there is a touchdown..... five minutes of commercials...... extra point or kickoff...... five more minutes of commercials.

At least the sunday ticket has options where they show the game really fast ( play after play with no huddles) and the red zone channel is awesome

I tend to agree but I do wish there were less commercials, punts ending in a fair catch, touchbacks, and I wish they would just eliminate extra points all together.

The worst is when there is a touchdown..... five minutes of commercials...... extra point or kickoff...... five more minutes of commercials.

At least the sunday ticket has options where they show the game really fast ( play after play with no huddles) and the red zone channel is awesome

Football + DVR 30 sec skip = match made in heaven.

Nah I like following the tension and strategy of the game.

i watch about 10 games in their entirety throughout the week. monday, tuesday, thursday, friday, saturday x3, sunday x3

LOL - that's easily about 35 hours of football. I watch every Giant game, maybe the end of The Jet game - just to watch them lose.

I'll watch MNF if I have a chance to win my weekly football pool at work. But even I'll watch it at the bar with my friends and it's more or less background noise.

But there's no way I can invest 3 and a half hours 2x during the week to watch a game - that's just too much time.

My weeks generally go like this.

#MondayNightFootball #MACtion #ThursdayNightFootball #BYU #CollegeFootballGameday #GNB #BAL #SundayNightFootball

Nah I like following the tension and strategy of the game.

There isn't really strategy in extra points though..... they are a waste of time.
I'm sure you could look it up but I think extra points are made over 99% of the time...... I say make every team go for 2 or give each team the option of taking the automatic 1 point or go for 2.... no more extra points.

Also even you must hate it when a kickoff is sandwiched between 2 sets of commercials

There isn't really strategy in extra points though..... they are a waste of time.
I'm sure you could look it up but I think extra points are made over 99% of the time...... I say make every team go for 2 or give each team the option of taking the automatic 1 point or go for 2.... no more extra points.

Also even you must hate it when a kickoff is sandwiched between 2 sets of commercials

Was talking about the red zone channel and stuff, not extra points. Was too lazy to edit your quote

Was talking about the red zone channel and stuff, not extra points. Was too lazy to edit your quote

I feel ya on watching the huddles and players getting into thier spots and pre snap adjustments/reads