What's new

Life - official thread

Been working out still. I haven't rowed in a while as my back was screwed up and I just wrapped up four weeks of rehab. But I've been running about once a week, swimming here or there, started lifting 4 days a week (chest/tris, back/bis, shoulders, legs) and started a little more intense core today though compared to most people who work out, it's pretty moderate.

I ran 6.1 miles in 50:00 last week which I was happy with considering how little cardio I've done and that I still weigh about 205. If I can get another 2-3 solid runs in, as well as a few swims, and get down below 201 or so, I think I am going to run a 15K race on April 2nd. Just trying not to be too intense. I typically do that and don't listen to my body enough. Hence, the limiting of runs to once per week.

I found a Clovis point (rare as ****), antlers with carvings, and a sandal.
Of course just left them where I found them..

Also found an entire unexplored Anasazi village. Super cool.

Going out again tomorrow. Less Indian more Spanish treasure.

It would make sense for a Spanish mission at Silver Reef. A bit of the Spanish Trail, but a likely route taken before the better way through Mtn. Meadows and down the Santa Clara/Motoqua draw to the Virgin, past the Utah Hill and Virgin Gorge and associated cliffs. Spanish might have worked the surface silver at Silver Reef. Legend has it, even in the vast Great Basin, that the Spanish had a silver mine about five miles from my place. Locals found it.... once.... but couldn't find it the second time even with months of searching, using intense survey tactics.

A Clovis point would say people were there 11000 years ago, just like in the canyon above me on the old Bonneville shore, with stuff made of obsidian from 400 miles away, north of Reno, suggesting lake travel across the Great Basin.

Don't tell Red, or a renegade secret government will make it a de facto wilderness..... j/k?????

f825f794a41820ccbc89bfc538d4da45.jpg

Went to downtown Tucson last night. I saw this and thought it was pretty cool. The whole city is buzzing w/ the possibility of Arizona at the final four in Glendale.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

BTW life the movie looks pretty stupid.

I am starting again to try and get in shape. I've been dealing with really bad allergies and asthma for the last two years, and have not been able to be even close to consistent on my workout goals. I'm probably in the worst shape of my life right now, but I'm working on it, and have been for almost a month. Finally got the asthma to a manageable level, and I've started walking at least a few miles daily. Last night I walked 8 miles, and mixed in some really steep hills. As soon as I feel like my breathing is up to it, I'm going to work in weightlifting 3 or 4 times a week, and planning on cycling a bunch this summer.

I'm pretty excited I can get back into getting fit.

I am starting again to try and get in shape. I've been dealing with really bad allergies and asthma for the last two years, and have not been able to be even close to consistent on my workout goals. I'm probably in the worst shape of my life right now, but I'm working on it, and have been for almost a month. Finally got the asthma to a manageable level, and I've started walking at least a few miles daily. Last night I walked 8 miles, and mixed in some really steep hills. As soon as I feel like my breathing is up to it, I'm going to work in weightlifting 3 or 4 times a week, and planning on cycling a bunch this summer.

Good job, bro. I'm convinced most of us (def me at least) just need to get a couple weeks of working out under our belt and once we do, it's much easier to want to workout and less of a chore.

I need this too. Badly. Just need to finish that chocolate cheese cake and I will start my routine on Monday morning the first thing. I hope I can actually execute this goal this time that I set for the 47th time. You know what, my mother-in-law is living with us nowadays to look after the newborn and she is a fantastic cook. I will just try to do this without the diet.

The only hat store around here (Lids) is in the mall and got their first Jazz hat in years I want to say. I was surprised they actually had one. I loved the retro look and had to get it (I've been wanting one anyways)..

f5fae32709cd4024653709cf8746d1e9.jpg

The only hat store around here (Lids) is in the mall and got their first Jazz hat in years I want to say. I was surprised they actually had one. I loved the retro look and had to get it (I've been wanting one anyways)..

f5fae32709cd4024653709cf8746d1e9.jpg

You definitely need one to keep the white chocolate from melting in the summer sun.

I had some spare time yesterday so I did some work on the bathroom and put in this barn door. It's made out of 108 year old lath boards from the house and from a wood table my wife brought over from South Africa that her Grandpa made and was falling apart.
e3c60d8707cb860c9270ef37f9910763.jpg

Here is the other side of it.
4108bbc5dd478ec4f5a7dabc27afc8d5.jpg

I'm seriously considering a hiatus from marijuana. There will still be a list of other drugs I'll happily consume, so this isn't a journey toward sobriety (although I'll undoubtedly spend more hours sober as a result).

Just smoked for the first time in 5 months. I honestly can't say the break produced one positive result. I just got wound up pretty ****ing tight.

Just smoked for the first time in 5 months. I honestly can't say the break produced one positive result. I just got wound up pretty ****ing tight.

I'm considering marijuana for asthma. Haven't ever tried it though.